Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Joel Klatt's Take On Udub

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,536 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Some have shit on him before. Maybe he sucks as a game commentator, I don't know.

I do however enjoy his segment on a shitty local Portland sports talk show.

His overall take on UW was that the coaches have completely fucked this season over all by themselves.

1. Redzone against Auburn: the speed option was the worst play call of the season, by any coaching staff.

2. Oregon: not going for the juggular at the end was the worst end game decision, by any coaching staff.

3. Cal, you were still beating them and brought in your back up for the shits of it which single handedly lost you the game. 7 points are more than 6.

It's not like this all hasn't been brought up before but the entire package deserves some thought. We?'?re not one of the 4 best teams but the coaches have single handedly completely and totally, desolatingly fucking fucked us out of a playoff resume with only 3 in game decisions.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Some have shit on him before. Maybe he sucks as a game commentator, I don't know.

His overall take on UW was that the coaches have completely fucked this season over all by themselves.

1. Redzone against Auburn: the speed option was the worst play call of the season, by any coaching staff.

2. Oregon: not going for the juggular at the end was the worst end game decision, by any coaching staff.

3. Cal, you were still beating them and brought in your back up for the shits of it which single handedly lost you the game. 7 points are more than 6.

It's not like this all hasn't been brought up before but the entire package deserves some thought. We?'?re not one of the 4 best teams but the coaches have single handedly completely and totally, desolatingly fucking fucked us out of a playoff resume with only 3 in game decisions.

Thank you for this

FML
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a doog friend who likes the three losses because it means we are where we are supposed to be. I keep telling him that the playoffs fucking matter regardless of whether you have a shifty offense, or whether you "deserve to be there". Doog about maybe getting lucky and beating bama in the semifinal. Don't doog about how we were meant to lose to fucking Cal.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,031
    The speed option call is the main reason I give zero shits if Hamdan doesn’t come back.

You can’t fix that kind of retard
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

The speed option call is the main reason I give zero shits if Hamdan doesn’t come back.

You can’t fix that kind of retard

Had a front row seat for that abortion of a play.

Apathy set in after that playcall.

Been on autopilot since.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

AEB said:

You have a team built for west coast, pro-style offense: under center, 2 TEs, power run game, play action intermediate passing game, and we get is full retard...and by full retard I mean you’ve had success running this offense, yet you continually go away from it to do fly sweeps, lateral passing, predictable bullshit.

From what I’ve seen, we are a lot better when we play with tempo and pace. We suck when we take a long time and think about things.
    Agreed. Tempo removes the thought and keeps it simple. Pro style at tempo is deadly...see 49ers 2 minute drill during the 1980s.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    Serious question - who is Joel Klatt?

Edit: I live in the back cuntry
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,181
    LebamDawg said:

Serious question - who is Joel Klatt?

Edit: I live in the back cuntry

Played QB at Colorado, now a Fox analyst.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    haie said:

I respect Joel as far as talking heads go.

Regarding Stanford game, we? totally went into "don't lose mode" in 2nd half. RB run out of RPO every first down. No blitzing and minimal pressure applied. You can't expect coverage to hold up for as long as we? gave KJ Carta-Costello time to scan around and find his Paul Bunyan receivers and WTE's.

We? have an anemic offense with a 4th yr starting QB and the UW's all time rusher. We avg 24.6 pts a game. That is a disgrace in this conference or any conference for that matter (90th in cuntry in scoring.). Oregon State scores more per game at 26.2

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

AEB said:

You have a team built for west coast, pro-style offense: under center, 2 TEs, power run game, play action intermediate passing game, and we get is full retard...and by full retard I mean you’ve had success running this offense, yet you continually go away from it to do fly sweeps, lateral passing, predictable bullshit.

From what I’ve seen, we are a lot better when we play with tempo and pace. We suck when we take a long time and think about things.
    Give jake to much time, he goes overload stars overthinking. His first gut reaction is usually right, but he over processes things
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club

AEB said:

Give jake to much time, he goes overload stars overthinking. His first gut reaction is usually right, but he over processes things
    That was the other interesting thing about listening on the radio

Jake drops back plenty of time

Has an open receiver

Hes scrambling now and DROPPED for a sack
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    I started to find myself getting annoyed at our DBs until I rememebered QBs are allowed to make throws.