Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Looking ahead of OSU, Matchup with WSU

In the past few years, the defense has matched up really well against WSU's strength - throwing the ball. The D-line has gotten pressure and hit the QB and the secondary has diminished the will to catch the ball with big hits. When I look at this year's edition of the defense, it seems like we struggle to get pass rush and we bend but don't break until the red zone. This seems like a plan that is doomed to fail. Thoughts?

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

In the past few years, the defense has matched up really well against WSU's strength - throwing the ball. The D-line has gotten pressure and hit the QB and the secondary has diminished the will to catch the ball with big hits. When I look at this year's edition of the defense, it seems like we struggle to get pass rush and we bend but don't break until the red zone. This seems like a plan that is doomed to fail. Thoughts?

Agree
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126

Falk was a stationary target that Vea and Gaines ate alive with primarily a 3 man rush. UW could drop 8 in coverage and windows were few and far between. Minstache can actually move around a bit and take-off on occasion. The non-existent UW pass rush will allow coverage to breakdown at times and the kewg to keep chains moving. Could be a long day. We? will probably have to score over 30 pts to win if it's a fair weather game.

I'm praying to allah for a shit weather game as I think our physicality would be an advantage in that situation.

Agree
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,181
    I know long range weather forecasts aren't worth much, but it's been a pretty calm fall so far.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

We?re better than we've looked.

WSU is worse than they've looked.

Script says WSU is 10-1 coming into it and UW beats them so true Coogs can call for their coaches head after a dream dynasty 10 win season.

Amazing how much a decent QB can cover your team’s deficiencies. They could have been undefeated
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    edited November 2018
    Motha fucker we? still need to survive the bye week!
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Motha fucker we? still need to survive the bye week!

We?ll handle bye rather easily, say 35-7?