Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Corvallis Trip Report...

Great town to go see a college football game. You can go walk anywhere...the bars, the stadium, etc. Lots of good restaurants and pubs. There's a couple breweries.

Oregon State Fans are pretty much universally nice except for the guy who threw popcorn on me when we scored a TD and I started barking. His quote was "Dude. You need to respect our wonderful environment." We promptly scored again and he got up and left. ( Probably to go start a Beaver Half Brain Board ).

Stayed in the Motor inn for $79/night. It is an old motel but pretty clean.

Got my tickets on stub hub and was in Club Level where they sell beer. I highly recommend this.

In any case, if you haven't caught a game down there, it's a nice road trip.

Highlight of the weekend was sitting in an Irish Pub before the game watching the Ducks get plungered. To my left was a beaver guy and his duck girlfriend. She had a very "entitled" viewpoint. I point out to him, that never in my life have I seen a Beaver root for the ducks. He says to me angrily -- "it happens man." I told him there is no scenario where I will ever root for Oregon.

Comments