Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Missed the game Saturday, watched the DVR today

Well I mean the DVR of the second half because Paul Bunyan went the entire first half. Fox sucks. WiW.

A few things that stood out to me in the second half replay:

RB depth is really good. Pleasant looks like a future pro. McGrew is surprisingly tough. Ahmed was his typically explosive self (lol!).

Bush called more runs than passes again. In a game that was basically close throughout. He still needs to clean some things up in the red zone, but all this "he's a downgrade from Babushka" nonsense is pure crap. He's good.

Fuller is clutch.

That OPI on Ty Jones was really tacky tack. I'm sure we have but I can't remember us? ever getting a call like that on defense. Lame.

BBK has moved from good to really good for me. Dude is everywhere and most importantly seems to be the only player on the defense who has a knack for causing turnovers. Whether it's a strip, a tipped pass, or a straight pick like Saturday, dude's a ballhawk. Ever since the ASU game he's bringing serious WOOD a lot more than before too. He's hitting people as often as he is holding on for dear life these days. I'm starting to think we might even miss him.

The offensive line is much better than I expected given we've gotten nothing from Trey, especially at run blocking. Huff is not nearly as big of a small drop-off from Strausser as an OL coach as I expected (and a much bigger upgrade as a recruiter, where he's a boss). Honestly he's not that much worse at coaching them up at all. Really excited to see what he can do once these young classes reach the field. I hope he stays here forever.

Myles Bryant is a lot better than I thought he was. Brady Quinn mentioned him as a potential day one pick after next year and I didn't even vomit. I probably owe that kid an apology.

Taylor got burnt badly but took a great route to the ball on that one Montez underthrew. We need him to be able to use his frame to box the receiver out and make that pick though. I screamed all last year about not redshirting any of the DB class. It still pisses me off.

Henry made both kicks, and more importantly, both were basically right down the middle. Neither had much degree of difficulty but it's good to see him knock a couple threw cleanly. He has the leg if he can figure out any accuracy. Hard to believe I'll ever trust him though.

WTF happened to Joel Whitford? I liked him last year, he looks like trash this year. Is he still hurt?

Nice to see some pass rush through it didn't get home as often as it needed to. Levi's sack was nice. Man I like him a lot. Bowman had a couple nice rushes but needs to FINISH. Remember when people thought he'd have double digit sacks this year? LMFAO. Ugh.

Team feels like it's sleepwalking, but it just might not be that good. Hopefully the TSIO guys are right and this is the talent nadir. If we can manage to win the conference during this dip that's a pretty successful season despite already leaving two W's on the bored.

Comments