Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Butts in seats fupdate

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
edited October 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    But how much are our numbers fluffed? I watched the BYU game on TV and they must be including the teams, personnel, concessions, and fans to get numbers like that.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Hurts bearswiin imo
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    Worshingtin in a laffer...
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
    I seem to recall when I got to UW in th mid 90s we led 2nd place for attendance by 20,000. But if we could average 70,000 in this era of PAC 12 after dark football that's not a bad thing.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    It's a black eye for USC and UCLA

Oregon at least is at capacity. Same goes for ASU, Colorado, Utah, OSU, and WSU. Even Arizona is around 85% capacity. Stanford, Cal, USC, and UCLA need to step their game up.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    BYU crowd wasn't 69K....but it was above 65K. Can always tell if a good crowd ....the seats in the corners fill up...which for the most part they were.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

But how much are our numbers fluffed? I watched the BYU game on TV and they must be including the teams, personnel, concessions, and fans to get numbers like that.

How do you know? You weren't there, man.
    99% of this bored doesnt go to games.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,569 Founders Club
    I've gone to three games since 2007

All not in Seattle
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

BYU crowd wasn't 69K....but it was above 65K. Can always tell if a good crowd ....the seats in the corners fill up...which for the most part they were.

Not a chance on god's green earth. The 2 corner section on each side of the student section were essentially empty. That's 1-2k right there. all four of the top corners were sparse, and remember it was cheerleader day, so add another 3-4k kids/parents who paid nothing/$20.00 for a ticket who 99.999% would not be there if not for that.

By the "start" of the game (which is mid/late first quarter for the last 10k people who amber in) I would say there was at/slightly over 60k at best.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

HuskyJW said:

Uh. If you don't go...not sure you can say that.

People throw this kind of garbage out all the tim. Water is fucking wet.

Tickets distributed ie sold or given away /= butts in the seats. This is how everyone does it and has done it for years. It's not hard.

petermanfuck.gif
    So fucking what.

If everybody does it, then why does it matter? The chart is comparing our inflated numbers to other inflated numbers, by your theory. Just apply a quick de-inflation quotient* to all of them, and we still win.

W E

R O O L

*PM Pythagorus if you need help with this.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    W
    Baphomet said:

HuskyJW said:

Tickets distributed ie sold or given away /= butts in the seats. This is how everyone does it and has done it for years. It's not hard.

petermanfuck.gif
    So fucking what.

If everybody does it, then why does it matter? The chart is comparing our inflated numbers to other inflated numbers, by your theory. Just apply a quick de-inflation quotient* to all of them, and we still win.

W E

R O O L

Whooooo to the fucking sh.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    edited October 2018
    HuskyJW said:

I have a season ticket but decided not to go after getting faced at the Duchess pregame. So maybe I can... we need the doog bot to make a chart for that.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

W

Baphomet said:

HuskyJW said:

petermanfuck.gif
    So fucking what.

W E

R O O L

Whooooo to the fucking sh.
    So fucking what. I don't have time to read these boards, or dawgmunch, 24 hours a day to keep up with all of the latest drivel and memes.

If you have to get your jollies off Whooshing people, you sound like a pussy. Meet me at the 7-11 in the U-District on Aurora and I'll say it to your face. I was in the special forces teaching gorilla warfare. Don't mess with me fucker.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    I go to the games

I’m retarded
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

It's a black eye for USC and UCLA

Oregon at least is at capacity. Same goes for ASU, Colorado, Utah, OSU, and WSU. Even Arizona is around 85% capacity. Stanford, Cal, USC, and UCLA need to step their game up.

Autzen has 54k seats, so not quite.

ASU might have had 20k people there last night.