Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

what I learned today

Other than a few screwy plays (actually from both sides) it was a well matched couple of teams and we lost because we can't make a FG.
Oregon played harder in OT.
Looking at the stats our D held Herbert (far from ready to be the number 1 QB in the draft) in check - he did not win the game for the ducks.
Browning did not lose the game for us although he tried on a couple of occasions.
Pleasant and McGrew filled in nicely, play calling did not take advantage of that.
All this being said, Oregon and Jake still suck

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    Both teams suck. No fucking way Oregon should win that game playing like that.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    We lost because Petersen got conservative with a minute to go. Kicked a FG on third down with timeouts. Then got conservative on first and goal in OT with momentum. And fuck the wildcat.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Oregon played harder in OT? I remember Pleasant running for like 17 yards on the first play then Pete and company became allergic to Td's. Before the final run play, Oregon had a pass dialed up but called a timeout. I will give you that the UW D looked gas on the winning TD.

Either way shit loss.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Good QB' 's win the game.

If you aren't winning, you're losing.

Browning is Cody Pickett "good"
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,584
    2001400ex said:

We lost because Petersen got conservative with a minute to go. Kicked a FG on third down with timeouts. Then got conservative on first and goal in OT with momentum. And fuck the wildcat.

You actually almost won because Oregon plays not to lose. It’s a concern.

The last set of plays Oregon ran in regulation was absurd. They tend to lock up get confused and go away from what’s been working for them.

3 games in a row.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,600 Standard Supporter

Good QB' 's win the game.

If you aren't winning, you're losing.

Browning is Cody Pickett "good"

Browning isn’t that good. Not even close.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    LebamDawg said:

Other than a few screwy plays (actually from both sides) it was a well matched couple of teams and we lost because we can't make a FG.
    Looking at the stats our D held Herbert (far from ready to be the number 1 QB in the draft) in check - he did not win the game for the ducks.
    Browning did not lose the game for us although he tried on a couple of occasions.
    Pleasant and McGrew filled in nicely, play calling did not take advantage of that.

Herbert didn’t need to win the game. Your defense dictated that we run. Also, that throw to Redd and 3rd and 11 in OT were money.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    lawsandl said:

LebamDawg said:

Herbert didn’t need to win the game. Your defense dictated that we run. Also, that throw to Redd and 3rd and 11 in OT were money.
    You mean the 15-yard cushion zone defense called by Lake, was money?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    No fuxking pass rush
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 534 Founders Club
    I would take Cody over Brownsux every time. Cody was a cowboy. You always have a chance to win with a cowboy.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

I would take Cody over Brownsux every time. Cody was a cowboy. You always have a chance to win with a cowboy.

Pickett didn't have the injury resiliency of Brownshucks. But I do respect his willingness to let it go.

Also, Pickett would have died after the @89ute helicopter tackle last year. No comeback needed.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138
    MisterEm said:

Pickett didn't have the injury resiliency of Brownshucks. But I do respect his willingness to let it go.

Also, Pickett would have died after the @89ute helicopter tackle last year. No comeback needed.
    Cody may not have the injury resiliency of Brownsox but he is the only former QB (that I know of) who earned a roster spot in the NFL by agreeing to play special teams.

Yes, Cody was the epitome of a cowboy.