Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

First and goal at the six

2»

Comments

• ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Holy shit that was infuriating.

McGrew lines up in wildcat, 2nd and goal. Ahmed is the sweep man. Every. Single. Time. Gaskin runs that play he keeps it. Every time. He's Myles Motherfuckin Gaskin, it works. Oregon watches tape. They know the tendency there. Sean McGrew, while he played his ass off, is not MMFG. Break tendency, get it to your playmaker Ahmed on the perimeter with, at most, a man to beat.

This has been a problem for a long time. We find a unique look that works, but have no variation in what we do out of that look. In 2014, we had the Wild Swede. Lindquist, despite being a fucking QB with a cannon, never ONCE threw a pass out of it. It was QB draw, power every time.

Instead of it being a strange look that keeps defenses guessing, it's an auto read and they know exactly what's coming. I don't watch tape and my football knowledge isn't THAT in depth, but I assume this carries over to other sets as well. A lot of the trick plays or reverses are very obvious when they come to the line. You know somethings coming. Pete talks about being multiple and giving the defense so much to think about but we have no poker face. There's no layers of playcalling.

And then third and goal... My God. We go up to the line, I see Jones out wide, and I kept saying over and over... Don't throw the fade, don't throw the fade, please don't throw the fade Bush it will not work. He threw the fade. It didn't work. Weird.

My dumbass should not be this consistent calling out what we're going to do presnap. I feel like Tony Romo in the booth and I didn't play football past 9th grade. If I can do it, bet your fucking ass defensive coordinators, and by extension, opposing players can do it.

The offense is complicated for the sake of being complicated and when it comes down to it, it's pretty fucking obvious.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    dtd said:

If UW runs the wildcat 4 times, they score a TD. Who doubts that? The fade is Petersen.

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Holy shit that was infuriating.

McGrew lines up in wildcat, 2nd and goal. Ahmed is the sweep man. Every. Single. Time. Gaskin runs that play he keeps it. Every time. He's Myles Motherfuckin Gaskin, it works. Oregon watches tape. They know the tendency there. Sean McGrew, while he played his ass off, is not MMFG. Break tendency, get it to your playmaker Ahmed on the perimeter with, at most, a man to beat.

This has been a problem for a long time. We find a unique look that works, but have no variation in what we do out of that look. In 2014, we had the Wild Swede. Lindquist, despite being a fucking QB with a cannon, never ONCE threw a pass out of it. It was QB draw, power every time.

Instead of it being a strange look that keeps defenses guessing, it's an auto read and they know exactly what's coming. I don't watch tape and my football knowledge isn't THAT in depth, but I assume this carries over to other sets as well. A lot of the trick plays or reverses are very obvious when they come to the line. You know somethings coming. Pete talks about being multiple and giving the defense so much to think about but we have no poker face. There's no layers of playcalling.

And then third and goal... My God. We go up to the line, I see Jones out wide, and I kept saying over and over... Don't throw the fade, don't throw the fade, please don't throw the fade Bush it will not work. He threw the fade. It didn't work. Weird.

My dumbass should not be this consistent calling out what we're going to do presnap. I feel like Tony Romo in the booth and I didn't play football past 9th grade. If I can do it, bet your fucking ass defensive coordinators, and by extension, opposing players can do it.

The offense is complicated for the sake of being complicated and when it comes down to it, it's pretty fucking obvious.

Being saying this forever. You can be creative without being cute. This offense is as vanilla as Pete.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    edited October 2018
    dhdawg said:

if McGrew hands it to ahmed it's a walk in TD

But that’s not how we ran it the last 8 times
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Any asshole that has had to watch this offense knew that shit fade was coming. The fucking worst! Wasted fucking play. We are all assholes.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

All we had to do was pound it with Pleasant and it's a seven point lead

As Gaskin and Ahmed jumped around and cheered on the sideline like a couple faggots