Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ted Koppel's Update of the Chin Crisis

13»

Comments

• Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sometimes, it's nice when you can give someone a chincredible or wtf and they don't know where it came from. For example, I gave OBK a chincredible and I am glad no one knows I gave it to him.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    In other words, our? little avatar? issue is way down the trough as to the problems they’re having elsewhere.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018

fuck man its literally

{ isChinned && Chinlist }

thats like the extent of what they need to do.

it's hard
    It's bothering me even more because for the past couple hours I've been working on my admin site switching over to react and did like 20 different rendered lists of shit off a database.

It's so fucking easy.
    I haven’t worked with React yet. Any good?
    Yeah it's alright. Pretty straightforward.
    It's just that there isnt really a correct method of doing things so when I learned it was like all over the map of how I went about stuff.

I originally built my admin site in vue but for some reason Im switching it over.
    Mainly I like that the create react app keeps everything up to date and because its so popular there are a million guides and answers to stuff.

But apparently vanilla cant figure out how to render one list in weeks.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

fuck man its literally

it's hard
    It's bothering me even more because for the past couple hours I've been working on my admin site switching over to react and did like 20 different rendered lists of shit off a database.

It's so fucking easy.
    It's just that there isnt really a correct method of doing things so when I learned it was like all over the map of how I went about stuff.

I originally built my admin site in vue but for some reason Im switching it over.
    Mainly I like that the create react app keeps everything up to date and because its so popular there are a million guides and answers to stuff.

@DerekJohnson I had a thought here. Since BitchFork is Messican, and seems to know stuff, should we pay him 1/3 of what we pay the whites and Asians at Vanilla to do all the work here? Sure, we will have to make sure he doesn't steal anything, but we could really make some money off this switch.
    Found the jew
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.

• Options

Swaye said:

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.

@DerekJohnson I had a thought here. Since BitchFork is Messican, and seems to know stuff, should we pay him 1/3 of what we pay the whites and Asians at Vanilla to do all the work here? Sure, we will have to make sure he doesn't steal anything, but we could really make some money off this switch.
    Found the jew
    Some ancient alien experts believe that the Cherokee are the lost tribe of Israel
    Illegal aliens?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,702
    Founders Club

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.
    I am frustrated over it but I'm choosing to wait it out without going nuclear. Am I happy overall with the product we've gotten since 2012? Very happy. Do I find their customer service to usually be great? Yes, very satisfactory. Do I think they're being honest with me when I ask them what's really going on up there? No, I feel like they're withholding info on why something so simple is taking so long.

But I'm choosing to hang tight.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.
    I am frustrated over it but I'm choosing to wait it out without going nuclear. Am I happy overall with the product we've gotten since 2012? Very happy. Do I find their customer service to usually be great? Yes, very satisfactory. Do I think they're being honest with me when I ask them what's really going on up there? No, I feel like they're withholding info on why something so simple is taking so long.

This whole situation is ridiculous but this is my favorite layout for any message bored I've ever been on rather easily so I agree patience is the best strategy here.

That advantage over other bored layouts shrinks considerably if they don't get this fixed though.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.

Do they give you any financial consideration for their shittiness?
  • Options

fuck man its literally

it's hard

It's so fucking easy.

Actually in terms of actual message board usability vanilla is the best ive seen.

It's just funny that they've transitioned the whole site to new code and barely anything broke except something which should be simple.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club
    This is what needs to happen to the devs.

• Options
    Also they switched to a framework created by Facebook specifically to make interactivity with lots of small components super easy

The irony
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,702
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    One of my earliest gif efforts came from this challenging tim in all of our lives.