Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Saw some great passes to TEs in the BYU game, and don't remember any in the UCLA game?

uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
Is there something about how UCLA plays D that caused us to shift away from TE pass plays?

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

We played Vanilla offense against UCLA meaning nothing chincredible was called.

Potw
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    The offense was incredibly limited against UCLA. We did what was easy to get points and then shutdown the offense to show nothing to Oregon. Zero TE passes, almost no outside runs and screens after the first quarter, only one wildcat run, no inside routes.
    BlastDoor said:

The offense was incredibly limited against UCLA. We did what was easy to get points and then shutdown the offense to show nothing to Oregon. Zero TE passes, almost no outside runs and screens after the first quarter, only one wildcat run, no inside routes.

We ran wildcat at least three times
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club
    BlastDoor said:

I saw at least 3 wildcat runs.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club

BlastDoor said:

I saw at least 3 wildcat runs.
    I saw at least 53 seconds, bitch!!
    Dick!

BlastDoor said:

The same run three times. No variation of the wildcat playcall, I mean.
    BlastDoor said:

BlastDoor said:

Do we have any variations?

BlastDoor said:

BlastDoor said:

Do we have any variations?
    Good point. I would suppose they are coming against Oregon? Last year we ran plays like the fake reverse that were exclusively used against them.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,597 Standard Supporter
    Complete this sentence:

Chip Kelly and tight ends go together like....

Complete this sentence:

Sandusky and BTP
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Complete this sentence:

Oregun and powwwking lots.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    I'm hoping this is the game we pull out the Yankoff triple option. Really stick it to the ducks with a QB who has his reads down.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2018
    BlastDoor said:

Offense was mostly fine against UCLA. I swear some of you say we're vanilla if we don't score 50 when the reality is we aren't that good on offense.

OL is average, maybe slightly above. We don't have a Dissly dominating in the run game.

Browning is Browning.

Gaskin averaging only 4.5 ypc shows the OL struggles. Ahmed has been a slight disappointment.

WR's have been better than expected, but it's really Fuller and a bunch of jags. Ty Jones will be good, but he's flawed.

When we play fast we are a lot better, but that's not Pete's style.