Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to SECDAWG

PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,264 Swaye's Wigwam
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/word salad

word salad noun

Definition of word salad

1 psychology : unintelligible, extremely disorganized speech or writing manifested as a symptom of a mental disorder (such as schizophrenia)
Damage to Wernicke's area can result in the loss of semantic associations … . Trying to speak results in garbled, nonsensical juxtapositions that neuroscientists call "word salad".
—Duncan Graham-Rowe
These populations, who often have psychosis, brain damage, or retardation, typically display such symptoms as sentence/word fragmentation, echolalia, neologisms, or word salad.
—Garry Prouty

2 : a string of empty, incoherent, unintelligible, or nonsensical words or comments
In the moments when the debate wasn't in circus form it seemed very conventional and very one-sided, with one candidate who could give complete, coherent and informed answers about issues and the other who specialized in word salad.
—Robert Schlesinger
… composed an essay that was a word salad of solemn academic jargon.
—George Will

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2018

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/word salad

word salad noun

Definition of word salad

1 psychology : unintelligible, extremely disorganized speech or writing manifested as a symptom of a mental disorder (such as schizophrenia)
    Damage to Wernicke's area can result in the loss of semantic associations … . Trying to speak results in garbled, nonsensical juxtapositions that neuroscientists call "word salad".
    —Duncan Graham-Rowe
    These populations, who often have psychosis, brain damage, or retardation, typically display such symptoms as sentence/word fragmentation, echolalia, neologisms, or word salad.
    —Garry Prouty

2 : a string of empty, incoherent, unintelligible, or nonsensical words or comments
    In the moments when the debate wasn't in circus form it seemed very conventional and very one-sided, with one candidate who could give complete, coherent and informed answers about issues and the other who specialized in word salad.
    —Robert Schlesinger
    … composed an essay that was a word salad of solemn academic jargon.
    —George Will

Pineapple, you do realize we are from diff parts of this great country??

I asked you earlier, if there is anything you don’t understand in what I’m virtually saying, ask or Pm me.

I’ll be glad to help.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,264 Swaye's Wigwam
    Congratulations, most coherent thing you’ve written. But this is my PM (I’ve got nothing to hide) and a thread and a poast are not the same thing. This is a single thread. I just want to make sure you’re ok and not stroking out on me tossing that word salad for almost 814 poasts. A dawg has got to watch out for another dwag. Are you from SEC country though? If you are does your mom look a lot like your sister?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2018

Congratulations, most coherent thing you’ve written. But this is my PM (I’ve got nothing to hide) and a thread and a poast are not the same thing. This is a single thread. I just want to make sure you’re ok and not stroking out on me tossing that word salad for almost 814 poasts. A dawg has got to watch out for another dwag. Are you from SEC country though? If you are does your mom look a lot like your sister?

Glad u asked.

I know what a thread and a poast are.

I’m not in the least concerned in you tossing salad.

Thanks on dawg sniffing dwag.

I am certainly born, bred and live SEC cuntry.

And yes my sister looks like my mom.

Now, my slang may be diff and I’m learning yalls(😉)....so patience grasshopper.