Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Football talk - offense

Anyone notice the whole o-line cut blocking yesterday? I can't say I remember seeing that. I'm sure grundle will give us a gif on this one. I know Boise did it and people hated them for it. Love the dirty play. Multiple times the whole D-line was laying on the ground. If you're a d-lineman having that in your head is not good as you don't know when to expected it.

We're using the middle of the field. It would be interesting to see a pass chart but I feel like we're using the middle of the field a lot more on intermediate passes. It's obviously working well.

The run play for Jake he scored the TD on. Great play call - we're way up and will take the FG if it doesn't work, but honestly Jake nut'd up and made a damn good retard strength run on that one. Something for other teams to think about.

Running game building steam. Looking good. Team is improving leading into this tough stretch.

We have adults coaching the program right now...

Comments

• BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    edited September 2018
    With a new center and several new starters the rate that the OL is improving...encouraging. From looking like shit against ND to this game where the run game averaged, like, 10 yards and Cobra was only pressured like once. Of course it was BYU, but they sucked against fucking North Dakota.

Excellent play-calling. Jake played well and had some tough passes, but most of them were easy completions and "take what the defense gives you" checkdowns. This is encouraging because we're finally just saying: we're better than you, no need for complicated bullshit, just get the ball to our players and they will beat you 1-on-1. On the WAC-12, this will work against everyone but Oregon, Stanford and USC.

Still not comfortable seeing Opera Singer on the field, and pretty sure Ty was just targeted once. But imagine this offense with Hunter Bryant. Jizz-inducing. Loved seeing screens (we can run them), a shallow cross to Fuller and lots of play-actions. Would be great if we had a true deep threat, though.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Is Cook the only red shirt freshman receiver who has played?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Bynum got at least one snap that I noticed last night.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Gladstone said:

Well there’s only him and Bynum. I’m pretty sure Bynum has played just hasn’t made a catch. I think he got a target in the end zone before.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Gladstone said:

Bynum nearly had a TD catch in one of the games.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited September 2018
    Gladstone said:

Bynum's played a little bit. About as much as Cook that I can tell.