Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Derek

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam
I cannot emphasize enough what little effort it takes to fix some font awesome icons showing up underneath a poast. It's not like their back end/API broke. It's kids stuff to fix it.

You should send an @AZDuck inspired message to them.

Sincerely,

A chin-starved doog

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    webdev superiority guy
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,424 Founders Club
    I'm not sure what to say. Maybe something is going on behind the scenes that they're dealing with. In general, the folks at Vanilla respond quickly and things get taken care of promptly. There have been some exceptions over the years.

I miss the upvotes/chins too. But right now I'm content to wait until next week with the faith it'll be taken care of and we can move on to the next crisis on this board.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not sure what to say. Maybe something is going on behind the scenes and they're breaking out their desk drawer bottles. In general, the folks at Vanilla respond quickly and things get taken care of promptly. There have been some exceptions over the years.

I miss the upvotes/chins too. But right now I'm content to wait until next week with the faith it'll be taken care of and we can move on to the next crisis on this board.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901

I'm not sure what to say. Maybe something is going on behind the scenes that they're dealing with. In general, the folks at Vanilla respond quickly and things get taken care of promptly. There have been some exceptions over the years.

Internet’s just don’t break on their own. Vanilla made a change that caused the issue. How they haven’t just rolled it back is shocking.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,424 Founders Club
    DeepSeaZ said:

Internet’s just don’t break on their own. Vanilla made a change that caused the issue. How they haven’t just rolled it back is shocking.
    When I say behind the scenes, that can mean anything. Maybe somebody quit and fucked some shit up on their way out the door. Maybe something else on a personal level. I don't know. They have a good track record so I'm not going to have a stroke over this yet.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    Sounds like some of you could use some perspective
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

DeepSeaZ said:

Looooootta backseat devs out here!
    How'd you know I work at a software company that tests its shit before release?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Sounds like some of you could use some perspective

i would chin you, but fuck you and perspective. I came hear to chin
    Mad_Son said:

DeepSeaZ said:

My company doesn't test shit. Which is why we roll stuff back and push out hotfixes for paying customers...
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    haie said:

Mad_Son said:

DeepSeaZ said:

My company doesn't test shit. Which is why we roll stuff back and push out hotfixes for paying customers...
    You've got a lot of Haie in your life
    edited September 2018
    Doogles said:

haie said:

Mad_Son said:

DeepSeaZ said:

You've got a lot of Haie in your life
    Vanilla's got a lot of Sark in their lives
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    I stand with haie on this one