Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon opens -3

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Zeros are 1-8 in Pac-12 road games since 2016. I like the Bears at home this Saturday.

New players, new staff, new attitude.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is the most critical game that the ducks need to WIN since Michigan State in 2014. It's critical to get a road win over a ranked team to seize back momentum before the Washington game. Our players will be prepared by the process, laser focused, confident but not arrogant and come out ready to play some more SEC ball on Saturday.
  • Options
    A top 10 finish in Cristobal's first year is now possible imo.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

This is the most critical game that the ducks need to WIN since Michigan State in 2014. It's critical to get a road win over a ranked team to seize back momentum before the Washington game. Our players will be prepared by the process, laser focused, confident but not arrogant and come out ready to play some more SEC ball on Saturday.

Oregon should smash Cal but they have a ton of young guys taking snaps. If I remember correctly 17 of the 22 deep on offense are back next year and that projects Herbert leaving and 19 on defense projecting Dye is back.

To me this is the best Stanford team of my lifetime. They have absolutely had some more talented players but this version has some things you just can't stop on offense and the secondary is good enough to make you earn everything. I don't care about the bad snap, the pylon, or the fumble. The Ducks absolutely ass raped them up front on both sides and lost because of two plays. You have to be such a good fucking team to win a game when you're getting dominated physically on the road and the other team really only made three mistakes in 60 minutes.

If the best the Ducks can do at home isn't enough to beat the conference champion at home, does a hangover type performance against a top 25 team on the road get it done? Probably not.

This game will go two ways. The Ducks will absolutely crush them. I mean a Nick Cage, 8mm type snuff film or Cal wins a close one. 3 to 10 points.
  • Options

These guys thought the doogs were bad after losing to Auburn

Holy shit

The doogs or the dwags (as in the football team)? If you're talking about dwags, not really. Washington played a respectable game against the Tigers. It's wasn't enough, but it was respectable.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Mosster47 said:

Oregon should smash Cal but they have a ton of young guys taking snaps. If I remember correctly 17 of the 22 deep on offense are back next year and that projects Herbert leaving and 19 on defense projecting Dye is back.

This game will go two ways. The Ducks will absolutely crush them. I mean a Nick Cage, 8mm type snuff film or Cal wins a close one. 3 to 10 points.
    A hangover performance isn't an option. If Cristobal is a serious coach, he'll have our guys ready and in the same mindset they were in when they faced Stanford. Or an even better one. I think he gets it done and I agree with the visiting recruits' take on the potential they see from of the program under Cristobal based on that game: a potential future national title contender.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Andrew Lucks Orange Bowl team was way better than this year.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Not even close. Luck was a fucktard in college. The 2012 squad was their best. 2012 was Oregon's best team and they beat them at home. ShawFS screwed up the QB decision and cost them a shot at the title.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Cristobal can get 10 wins.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Cristobal can get 10 wins.

sure, but he wont
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

A top 10 finish in Cristobal's first year is now possible imo.

Drunk. Posting. Rules.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

To me this is the best Stanford team of my lifetime. They have absolutely had some more talented players but this version has some things you just can't stop on offense and the secondary is good enough to make you earn everything. I don't care about the bad snap, the pylon, or the fumble. The Ducks absolutely ass raped them up front on both sides and lost because of two plays. You have to be such a good fucking team to win a game when you're getting dominated physically on the road and the other team really only made three mistakes in 60 minutes.

If the best the Ducks can do at home isn't enough to beat the conference champion at home, does a hangover type performance against a top 25 team on the road get it done? Probably not.

You were born in 2017?
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

You were born in 2017?
    Nope. Stanford has always had some glaring holes starting from HarbaughFS up to present ShawFS times. Luck was an idiot in college. The only really solid team they've had that could compete with anyone before this year was 2012 and ShawFS blew that by starting the wrong QB the first three weeks of the season.

This year's Stanford team has the running back and receivers that make their offense pretty much unstoppable. The defense isn't great, but they finally have the speed in the secondary to not get torched. If they win tomorrow they are playoff bound. No one from this shit conference is slowing them down. They out athleted SC.

I know I call him ShawFS, but he is by far the best coach in the conference.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Doogles said:

Not even close. Luck was a fucktard in college. The 2012 squad was their best. 2012 was Oregon's best team and they beat them at home. ShawFS screwed up the QB decision and cost them a shot at the title.
    No words.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

Bump
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Bump
    UW still isn't winning the conference.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Bump
    Never felt better.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Bump
    Is this your opinion? I couldn't tell from your other 200 posts on the subject.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Bump
    Never felt better.
    Arizona123 has nothing on Mosster.