Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Henry Roberts

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
Anybody know why he was in at LT instead of Hilbers? Seems like Browning had lots of time last night.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    For whatever reason Hilbers continues to start while Roberts rotates in a third/half of the time. It’d be nice if one of them could just win the fucking job. At least Watty seemed to be on the field the whole game this time.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

For whatever reason Hilbers continues to start while Roberts rotates in a third/half of the time. It’d be nice if one of them could just win the fucking job. At least Watty seemed to be on the field the whole game this time.

This.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    The constant rotating guys pisses me off. I get it, you are trying to build depth by giving guys real snaps in real games. But holy fuck do this after we get up by 3 scores. There was one drive in the 4th where we subbed McGrew, Ahmed, and Gaskin on back to back to back plays. No one anyone can get into rythym when it’s a snap or two here 3 or 4 there etc.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

The constant rotating guys pisses me off. I get it, you are trying to build depth by giving guys real snaps in real games. But holy fuck do this after we get up by 3 scores. There was one drive in the 4th where we subbed McGrew, Ahmed, and Gaskin on back to back to back plays. No one anyone can get into rythym when it’s a snap or two here 3 or 4 there etc.

We subbed Ahmed because he needed a breather. McGrew came in and lost the ball after forward progress was ruled. He went to the doghouse, and because Ahmed was still resting, Gaskin came in.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    edited September 2018
    I'm cool with rotating lineman. Injuries happen on the O-line every season. Gotta have good depth guys ready to go and also gotta develop guys for the future. Doesn't appear to be much of a drop off at all between Hilbers and Roberts or Wattenberg and Bainivalu. Wattenberg bounced back and played well last night so no reason to pull him. That's what competition does. He got his ass benched against Utah and then got his shit together real quick the next week.

However, there is no need for the third RB to be on the field when the game is still undecided. McGrew carried the ball once and damn near fumbled it. I don't like seeing him in the game period. Kamari Pleasant is clearly better than him because he's a bigger back with burst and runs harder than anybody on the team. I'm interested to see Pleasant get more carries but not until garbage time. Hopefully they blow out BYU like they should so we can get more young guys in there but they probably won't.