Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Ducks-Cardinal Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The REAL Bellotti 2.0 has landed on our shores.

Absolute fucking muppet.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

This is a Belloti-level coaching effort in the 2nd half

Actually, Belloti would have been smart enough to have Herbert take 3 scramble/knees...punt it away and make Stanford go 60 yards in 20 seconds
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2018

That was bad. Worse than the Vegas bowl.

Completely different than the Vegas bowl. This will get dooged to death but Oregon actually pulls a few positives out of this. For one, Cristebal clearly wants to make them physical, and they were. They have a ways to go, but Mario may not be quite the fucktard get all the doogs thought he was. Epic meltdown for sure; and a lot of shit didn't fall their way. But that didn't feel like it used to feel when sling blade was on the sidelines. It's a long season; We shall see. But Oregon is going to win a few games this season.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

You guys want to lose playing D like that. 3 fucking plays.

They'll do that to everyone. No one can cover all those jump ball guys when they are in the pattern.

Shaw fucked this game up. They should be up huge.
    Yea... Shaw fucked this one up... LOL
    Stanford could have scored 70 points if they throw the ball 40 times.

That shit was checkers vs chess.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

They'll do that to everyone. No one can cover all those jump ball guys when they are in the pattern.

I usually think you are MossterFS...but when Stanford can line up 4 wide with 4 WRs all over 6'7, I am really trying to think how you can successfully defend it...will be fascinating to watch and see who figures it out.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Absolute fucking muppet.

Stupid.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I usually think you are MossterFS...but when Stanford can line up 4 wide with 4 WRs all over 6'7, I am really trying to think how you can successfully defend it...will be fascinating to watch and see who figures it out.
    It's called growing a pair of balls and blitzing. They played not to lose on defense when every single person watching, aside from the 2 dudes on Oregon's sideline who could actually do something about it, knew exactly what was coming.
  • Options
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

It's called growing a pair of balls and blitzing. They played not to lose on defense when every single person watching, aside from the 2 dudes on Oregon's sideline who could actually do something about it, knew exactly what was coming.
    True, but if the blitz doesn't hit it's a 70 yard td to JJ or Parkinson (whichever one is on Graham)
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
  • Options

Absolute fucking muppet.

Get as mad as you want and that's what I would have done, but that gets fucked up too. Axe Jim Harbaugh.

Running out the clock with your running game is the overwhelming choice by coaches, yes, ever the great ones.

Obviously fumbling the ball away there isn't the plan. It's the irresponsible management of the program by the two previous head coaches that three freshman got every meaningful carry tonight.

Jake Hanson was atrocious tonight also.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

True, but if the blitz doesn't hit it's a 70 yard td to JJ or Parkinson (whichever one is on Graham)
    They went 75 yards in 3 plays anyway.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I see progress from the Helf/Willie Lyles-Taggart years. Team actually looked conditioned and got push on the lines.

Some stupid shit. Some of that was stupid hyped up freshman shit. Would have been nice to get a PI call in OT, but whatever.

Hopefully the team and coaches will learn from this.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

I see progress from the Helf/Willie Lyles-Taggart years. Team actually looked conditioned and got push on the lines.

Some stupid shit. Some of that was stupid hyped up freshman shit. Would have been nice to get a PI call in OT, but whatever.

The S&C program is just a copy of what every actually good program does so the fact that it works isn't anything surprising.

There are no excuses for this one. ShawFS gave the Ducks four chances to win a game they had no business winning and they shit all over the mattress. Some of it is coaching some of it is players. It's all unacceptable.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

The S&C program is just a copy of what every actually good program does so the fact that it works isn't anything surprising.

There are no excuses for this one. ShawFS gave the Ducks four chances to win a game they had no business winning and they shit all over the mattress. Some of it is coaching some of it is players. It's all unacceptable.
    @StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Except we didn’t used to do that and Coach Rhabdo got our guys fat and slow last year.

Yeah. Dumb shit. I get that. We’re not the smartest team n CFB anymore. We’re gonna kick someone’s ass this season. It’s gonna feel good.

But we’re going to a shit tier bowel.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

@Ice_Holmvik
    Sark beat #3 USC with a future top-10 pick at QB in his first season as head coach at UW. Thought Cristobal was going to follow in his foot steps as closely as possible by beating #7 ranked Stanford. But Oregon couged it instead. Expect a hangover loss on the road next week against Cal. Oregon won't be able to match their energy from tonight and they will go into the game sleep walking and get beat.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Except we didn’t used to do that and Coach Rhabdo got our guys fat and slow last year.

Yeah. Dumb shit. I get that. We’re not the smartest team n CFB anymore. We’re gonna kick someone’s ass this season. It’s gonna feel good.

But we’re going to a shit tier bowel.

2018 wasn't going to be a special. The team looked a lot tougher than any of the shit Helfrich and Taggart trotted out on the field, minus the boneheaded plays.