Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huff

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
He can recruit
He plays the best talent regardless of experience (Kirkland over James and Sosebee)
He's about real competition. Hilbers and Wattenberg were benched and replaced last night by Roberts and Bainivalu at LT and LG. When Sosebee sucks as usual his ass gets benched and Norgaard comes in. It's nice to see some pretty good O-line talent in the two deeps and guys actually having to compete to play and getting benched when they suck.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,438
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That's cool and all, but I would prefer to watch an actually good OL.

This
  • Options
    Swaye said:

He can recruit
    He plays the best talent regardless of experience (Kirkland over James and Sosebee)
    He's about real competition. Hilbers and Wattenberg were benched and replaced last night by Roberts and Bainivalu at LT and LG. When Sosebee sucks as usual his ass gets benched and Norgaard comes in. It's nice to see some pretty good O-line talent in the two deeps and guys actually having to compete to play and getting benched when they suck.

I can see the talent in the two deeps myself. The issue is none of them are good yet because they are Freshman and Soph's. So we suck. Bad.
    But it's just mental. They will get that stuff cleaned up and 2019 will be special.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Teams would stop blitzing if we had a QB that knew how to throw to the empty space.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

He can recruit

I can see the talent in the two deeps myself. The issue is none of them are good yet because they are Freshman and Soph's. So we suck. Bad.
    Adrian Klemm proved that you can put together the worst OL in the conference with nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits in your stable. I will continue to sing Huff's praises on the recruiting bored where he is killing it but will have nothing to say about him on this bored until our line doesn't look like it did yesterday. Like all the coaches, he sucks until he doesn't
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Kirkland looked over matched last night. Bain played bad. They’re young guys with potential but ideally they wouldn’t see the field as redshirt freshman.

What the fuck are you watching? Neither of them were over matched by anybody. I didn't see anything from either of them that made me think "that was really bad" or "he's not physically ready yet". Both looked fine from a physical standpoint. Kirkland had some nice run blocks.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

He can recruit

Adrian Klemm proved that you can put together the worst OL in the conference with nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits in your stable. I will continue to sing Huff's praises on the recruiting bored where he is killing it but will have nothing to say about him on this bored until our line doesn't look like it did yesterday. Like all the coaches, he sucks until he doesn't
    BOTH. WE NEED BOTH. RECRUIT AND COACH.

It's like Chefs (coaches) and ingredients (players). Of course you can burn a prime 28-day dry aged steak to shit. Should that be a surprise to anyone?

I cannot fucking figure out why you morons cannot understand that NO ONE IS SAYING RECRUITING IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

However, have you seen Bama? It matters. So does coaching. Get it?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Teams would stop blitzing if we had a QB that knew how to throw to the empty space.

As bad as Browning is, it also proves our offensive coaching is shit. Hot routes are a thing most teams have in their arsenal. I have no idea why we don't seem to have them.
    This true. The RBs and TEs should be a big part of that in the passing game.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

As bad as Browning is, it also proves our offensive coaching is shit. Hot routes are a thing most teams have in their arsenal. I have no idea why we don't seem to have them.
    Agreed.. See the blitz and two receivers need to change their routes. How do you think Brady can still be a QB at 53 years old. Gets rid of the ball quick.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing 2020 will be special
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kirkland looked over matched last night. Bain played bad. They’re young guys with potential but ideally they wouldn’t see the field as redshirt freshman.

I do agree with Strongarm that’s it’s refreshing to see guys get yanked when they aren’t performing. Maybe Huff should be in charge of the QBs.

Maybe we saw different things, but last night’s OL struggles looked like 95% Hamdan. Holy shit did he call a bad game. You can’t fault the OL for not picking up 7 rushers.
    Somehow our screens seem to need 5 seconds to develop