Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pass rush?

If Coach Peterman wants to get the most out of the roster this year, there are some clear personnel changes he is going to have to make to figure out how to generate pass rush. Why not give Joe Tryon and ZTF some significant playing against Utah and see where things go from there? They can't possibly be worse than Potatoe and Amandre Williams can they?
And the linebackers have been awful. It's time to role out Sirmon and Tafisi. I'd even like to see Ulofoshio. And why are they trying to turn Jarryn Bush into a DT? Dude was a beastly MIKE in high school. I'd have him cut some weight and see how he looks there. Just see what they have. Youth can jumpstart a struggling D.

Potatoe isn't good enough. Amandre isn't good enough. BBK Wambaugh and Manu just aren't good enough.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

If Coach Peterman wants to get the most out of the roster this year, there are some clear personnel changes he is going to have to make to figure out how to generate pass rush. Why not give Joe Tryon and ZTF some significant playing against Utah and see where things go from there? They can't possibly be worse than Potatoe and Amandre Williams can they?
    And the linebackers have been awful. It's time to role out Sirmon and Tafisi. I'd even like to see Ulofoshio. And why are they trying to turn Jarryn Bush into a DT? Dude was a beastly MIKE in high school. I'd have him cut some weight and see how he looks there. Just see what they have. Youth can jumpstart a struggling D.

Potatoe isn't good enough. Amandre isn't good enough. BBK Wambaugh and Manu just aren't good enough.

Dude it’s about understanding assignment. I think Tafisi and Sirmon are physically ready just not mentally
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 369
    There are still no athletes capable of rushing the passer on the team so he's turning them into fat kids to stuff the run while relying on a secondary full of studs against the pass. This is a recruiting problem that I remember someone on here posting about a couple times before.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I'm hearing UW needs more push up the middle and heat from the edge

We getting plenty push up the middl it is just the heat from the edge is lacking
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Our oline is fucked. Let's just give up on them and move mcgeary back to DE.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

The knob slobbering of KJCS was weird enough, but now posters are clamoring for nobody walk ons like Bush and Olofoshio (are you fucking kidding me?) to get more playing time on defense? You’re all fucking retarded, the drinking bleach suggestions were a meme, and you just went ahead and did it anyways.

Hryk
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Amandre does appear to be a good fit for a Montana program. Not a shot at Montana, don't twist. He doesn't appear to be D-1 level athlete. Hope he proves me wrong.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    JoJo Mcintosh should have been playing LB 4 years ago

He has long arms, likes to hit, mediocre safety in coverage, fast, and could easily carry another 15-20 lbs if they had started on him 2-3 years ago.

would have been nice to have someone mildly athletic in the LB group
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    jecornel said:

Amandre does appear to be a good fit for a Montana program. Not a shot at Montana, don't twist. He doesn't appear to be D-1 level athlete. Hope he proves me wrong.

Amandre has looked surprisingly bad so far. I'm not ready to couch sale him yet, but he needs to pull his head out of his ass.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

I'm hearing UW needs more push up the middle and heat from the edge

Fuck off. You’re right, but fuck off anyway.