Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I have something to say...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
There are people on this bored, people whose opinions I often respect, who are giving Browning too much fucking credit. I cannot believe how many times I have read "one of his best games" or "played as good as you could expect" or some variant thereof.

Don't confuse general competence for half the game with a decent to good game. Yes the crowd was hostile. Yes it was a big stage. Yes their DL is good. Yes, he was more decisive than he usually is. Guess what, who gives a fuck? He is a fucking 4th year starter. FOUR fucking years. He should be decisive and a decent game manager after four goddamn years. Jesus people. If he was a RS Soph and played that game I'd agree that it was a decent performance and he might grow into a great QB. Um, he is what he is. It's fucking year 4. As a STARTER.

People keep saying everyone was covered on the last sack. Who gives a fuck? There's a minute left and it's fourth down, you do not take a fucking sack there. You throw it somewhere down the field. Anywhere down the fucking field. Maybe you get a PI. Maybe a tip ball miracle. But it's your last play of the game and you throw it somewhere because you have literally nothing to lose. The WORST possible play you can make there is exactly what he did - deer in the headlights and take a coverage sack while pissing down his own leg. FFS.

That interception at the start....are you kidding me? He tries to throw it away...directly to Auburn. Fumble in the red zone. The kid brain locks and fumble fucks around whenever crunch time is on and always on the biggest stage. As Race said, this shit is terminal. Shitsox is a good little 4th year starter in the lowly Pac-12 - he will probably light it up this year in our league of paint licking midgets. He's not a national level QB and he never will be. If you haven't figured that out yet you are retarded.

Christ.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why is it Dooging to think that Jake sucks, but that he sucked less in this game than USC and Bama in 2016? I don't care about the last drive; the game was lost on other plays.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why is it Dooging to think that Jake sucks, but that he sucked less in this game than USC and Bama in 2016? I don't care about the last drive; the game was lost on other plays.

but the pisser is that the game could have been won on the final drive. The third down play is the one that pissed me off more - all that being said, Jake Browning still sucks
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Haener starts we win the game? I think so
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mad_Son said:

There is nothing dooging about it.

This was one of his best games. That is all we can expect of him. The problem is he just isn't good enough. We saw this team's ceiling on Saturday with browning at quarterback. Once we upgrade quarterback and linebacker we will be a contender. Until then we're a top 10 team but not a top few team.
    Exactly this ... throw in edge rushing as well

At this point there has to be an understanding of breaking Browning’s physical limitations away from the analysis. He’s better than any other QB we can throw out right now. He’s not a QB that can make the special throws in tight windows in the red zone against elite athletes. The brain farts are fair game as those are mental and he should know better.
    Swaye's Wigwam

The thing that really impresses me is his ability to be white, which is the one saving grace of his game.

At the start of every game announcers talk about his grit and moxie, he shits the bed, but amazingly his whiteness is magic that erases the memory of him shitting the bed every game.

You know we've had black QBs at UW in the past 15 years right? Our continued shittieness at the position is color blind.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Did you know that Sark was better than Ty?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

There is nothing dooging about it.

This was one of his best games. That is all we can expect of him. The problem is he just isn't good enough. We saw this team's ceiling on Saturday with browning at quarterback. Once we upgrade quarterback and linebacker we will be a contender. Until then we're a top 10 team but not a top few team.
    Exactly this ... throw in edge rushing as well

At this point there has to be an understanding of breaking Browning’s physical limitations away from the analysis. He’s better than any other QB we can throw out right now. He’s not a QB that can make the special throws in tight windows in the red zone against elite athletes. The brain farts are fair game as those are mental and he should know better.
    If he is the best QB available, fire Peterman with fire.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did you know that Sark was better than Ty?
    He was actually according to wins and losses. You play to win the game so this is the ultimate measuring stick.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Your height must be giving you altitude sickness. You should sit down quick.