Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let me say this about that

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
I have no idea where Auburn ends up this year but I am convinced that we? won't face a more physical team the rest of the way.

The speed and size is different down south. We're about 81% of the way there.

We're a bully out here. Doesn't mean we win out just means we can. UCLA is remarkably small. Not sure if they have a weight room.

Stanford has Costello to Hyphen receiver and can beat anyone with that.

Arizona was over rated for the 40th straight year.

Petersen is the head coach. People forget that it's his fault for the shitshow yesterday.

Good enough to get our hopes up. Bad enough to rip our hearts out.

Time to clean some things up and get it fixed.

It's hard. Fuck off

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    The physicality wasn't the issue. We could go toe to toe with them in their house.

The issue was the playcalling. Same as it ever was.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,517 Swaye's Wigwam
    Race is right.

Although I expect UW to pink sock Shaw this year at home.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018
    doogville said:

The physicality wasn't the issue. We could go toe to toe with them in their house.

There is also a team psyche element. Pete's teams just seem shellshocked at the beginning of these games (PSU, Auburn) and for the first part of the game we look like we don't belong.

Then we settle in and fight our way back. But it's bizarre he cant instill that initial confidence, especially given what he did with less talented teams at BSU.

But that's on the coaches, and it's a huge problem they have not figured out yet.

Yup. Probably because the coaches act like a bunch of stressed out stiffs. I really doubt they are telling the team they are more physical and need to beat the shit out of the opponent.

You would think this team would have a chip on its shoulder...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

"Good enough to get our hopes up. Bad enough to rip our hearts out."

Sums it up, perfectly.

#WhyIStayed
    #metoo
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    doogville said:

There is also a team psyche element. Pete's teams just seem shellshocked at the beginning of these games (PSU, Auburn) and for the first part of the game we look like we don't belong.

Then we settle in and fight our way back. But it's bizarre he cant instill that initial confidence, especially given what he did with less talented teams at BSU.

But that's on the coaches, and it's a huge problem they have not figured out yet.
    This is a solid poont. When Griswald said the team looked focused and like it was a business trip just like the Alabama game in 2016, I got a bad feeling.

The start of games has been maddening. Cool, you're focused, not too hyped up, blah blah blah.

In the meantime Auburn is flying around and just smacking people, looking hyped, etc. It seemed Auburn wore down as the game went on and maybe that was due to the adrenaline wearing off. But UW could use a little juice to start the games. They can be fun you know, rather than just a business trip.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    You shouldn't be worrying about UCLA and Stanford. You should be worrying about ASU and Oregon.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,136

doogville said:

This is a solid poont. When Griswald said the team looked focused and like it was a business trip just like the Alabama game in 2016, I got a bad feeling.

The start of games has been maddening. Cool, you're focused, not too hyped up, blah blah blah.

In the meantime Auburn is flying around and just smacking people, looking hyped, etc. It seemed Auburn wore down as the game went on and maybe that was due to the adrenaline wearing off. But UW could use a little juice to start the games. They can be fun you know, rather than just a business trip.

Exactly. We looked like the Kewgs do at the start of an apple cup. I am not sure why they haven't fired leach for that alone.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I’m not sure Auburn is that good. They came out strong and finished strong but they were undisciplined and lost all the 50/50 balls in the second and third quarters. Also didn’t look great running the ball. I just can’t tell if they were bad or we were good for a while. I’m not sure if I learned anything from the game except our D came make adjustments. And confirmed our kicking game sucks.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    DeepSeaZ said:

I’m not sure Auburn is that good. They came out strong and finished strong but they were undisciplined and lost all the 50/50 balls in the second and third quarters. Also didn’t look great running the ball. I just can’t tell if they were bad or we were good for a while. I’m not sure if I learned anything from the game except our D came make adjustments. And confirmed our kicking game sucks.

We were good for a while. They have a better qb, natch. We? made better defensive adjustments. Fuck the kicking game, winning football game with soccer players is for pussies.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,517 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,580

I have no idea where Auburn ends up this year but I am convinced that we? won't face a more physical team the rest of the way.

The speed and size is different down south. We're about 81% of the way there.

We're a bully out here. Doesn't mean we win out just means we can. UCLA is remarkably small. Not sure if they have a weight room.

Stanford has Costello to Hyphen receiver and can beat anyone with that.

Arizona was over rated for the 40th straight year.

Petersen is the head coach. People forget that it's his fault for the shitshow yesterday.

Good enough to get our hopes up. Bad enough to rip our hearts out.

Time to clean some things up and get it fixed.

It's hard. Fuck off

Don’t worry, the last 19% is always the easiest part.