Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon has the weakest non-conference schedule of all time

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
edited September 2018 in Duck Refuge
Portland State got beat 72-19 by Nevada. They went 0-11 last season.

San Jose State got beat by UC Davis 44-38. They went 2-11 last season.

Bowling Green went 2-10 last season.

Four wins total last season between Oregon's three non-conference opponents.

Comments

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So uw had one of the weakest non-confetence schedules last year and they are trying to talk shit?!

At least Oregon has a valid reason and didn’t hide from tough opponents.
  • Options
    dOgmaster said:

So uw had one of the weakest non-confetence schedules last year and they are trying to talk shit?!

I find it funny that quooks talked shit about UW's soft non-conference schedule the last couple seasons and then don't say a peep when Oregon's non-conference schedule is worse.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

dOgmaster said:

I find it funny that quooks talked shit about UW's soft non-conference schedule the last couple seasons and then don't say a peep when Oregon's non-conference schedule is worse.
    Washington scheduled it. Oregon had to scramble after a team backed out, but I wouldn’t expect a dumbfuck like you to know the difference.

But then again, Flip gonna Flip
  • Options

dOgmaster said:

Washington scheduled it. Oregon had to scramble after a team backed out, but I wouldn’t expect a dumbfuck like you to know the difference.
    While I'm not in the habit of defending Ballz Wisconsin backed out of our schedule which would have made for a solid P5 matchup.
    More than solid. Wisconsin is ranked #4 and should be playing #6 UW in Husky stadium tomorrow with college game day on campus to open the season. Would have been huge to have the home field advantage against another top-10 ranked opponent.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

dOgmaster said:

While I'm not in the habit of defending Ballz Wisconsin backed out of our schedule which would have made for a solid P5 matchup.
    Normally I’d concede but you realize Wisconsin was scheduled for this year, and they backed out 4 years ago, which doesn’t explain the previous OOC schedules. 4 years gave you time i presume to schedule auburn this year. That’s a little different than 2 years notice, considering most power 5 teams are schedule beyond that.

So I stand by it. Flip gonna Flip
  • Options

dOgmaster said:

Normally I’d concede but you realize Wisconsin was scheduled for this year, and they backed out 4 years ago, which doesn’t explain the previous OOC schedules. 4 years gave you time i presume to schedule auburn this year. That’s a little different than 2 years notice, considering most power 5 teams are schedule beyond that.

UW scheduled a Power-5 opponent. When the Rutgers games were scheduled for 2016 and 2017 Rutgers was an 8 win program. Oregon is not even playing a Power-5 opponent. Worst non-conference schedule ever. I'd call it a CCC schedule but it's more like a DDD schedule.

Take the L and move on.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Auburn next year, then back to back Ohio State and Georgia. That's playoff caliber OOC scheduling.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What is the point of StrongBad again?
  • Options

Auburn next year, then back to back Ohio State and Georgia. That's playoff caliber OOC scheduling.

Too bad those teams are going to mop the field with Oregon. Automatic losses.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PurpleJ said:

I like to talk shit about someone else's schedule when we made the playoff playing Rutgers, Idaho and Portland St.

Retard Alert! The whole fucking point is that we previously had weak non conference schedules and Ducks talked shit about it for years. Now they can't take what they dished out and admit how bad their non conference schedule is this season. It's called hypocrisy.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I like to talk shit about someone else's schedule when we made the playoff playing Rutgers, Idaho and Portland St.

Retard Alert! The whole fucking point is that we previously had weak non conference schedules and Ducks talked shit about it for years. Now they can't take what they dished out and admit how bad their non conference schedule is this season. It's called hypocrisy.
    Doogs gonna doog.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Doogs gonna doog.
    Fuck you bitch
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon is almost exclusively available on the Pac12 Network this season!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Hope this doesn’t cost us on the back end when a playoff spot is on the line.

• Options

Hope this doesn’t cost us on the back end when a playoff spot is on the line.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dOgmaster said:

I can't find it now but I believe the Wisconsin game was originally supposed to be a home and home earlier, which Wisconsin then pushed back to 2018 and 2021, and then cancelled all together. I remember that Rutgers was actually supposed to be our "B" game originally and that Montana was the last minute add to the schedule. So our schedule should have been the Badgers(A), Rutgers(B), and Fresno State(C).

*shrug We used to be a shit tier team scheduling shit tier opponents anyways. Scheduling takes a while to catch up. We are still in a bind to get good teams to schedule us as so many are already tied up far into the future. I'm hoping LA/Vegas gets an invitational that we get invited to in the near future to help alleviate the issue.

I'll enjoy when the ducks are 3-0 this year and all the quooks come out of the woodwork to proclaim "they're back!".