Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh Millen

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Hugh WAS a try hard ...

If he actually said that then he needs to replaced on that show due to a conflict of interest ... there’s absolutely no rationale reason to think that UW has no chance

Fucking Quook
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    he basically said that at practice they don't look like a team ready to win this game
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    You guys are pretty salty about a 3* your coaches didn’t even offer
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

You guys are pretty salty about a 3* your coaches didn’t even offer

Fuck yeah I am. He was patient zero for media doog sickness in defending Sark. He's all yours.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Hugh WAS a try hard ...

If he actually said that then he needs to replaced on that show due to a conflict of interest ... there’s absolutely no rationale reason to think that UW has no chance

Fucking Quook

The last 3 times they have played super athletic teams have been ugly Pennsylvania state, bama and USC. in fact the minutes lead in those games combined is Troubling. Minimal time 3-0 vs usc and 7-0 vs bama. Taking a prove if attitude is not a far fetched approach.

If I am being honest I don't like our talent at linebacker or defensive line nearly as much as years past and we may have more trouble stopping the run this year. It's easy to see a repeat performance like we have in those games and still pump out like a 10-2 record.
    Scoreboard can lie sometimes, most people note the Bama game was a bit of a laugher (it wasn't, it was close until the D finally collapsed after being thrown under the bus all game). The PSU game looks really close 28-35 with a chance to tie 6 min left in the 4Q. PSU was way more noncompetitive than Bama was.

SC was a Jonathan Smith special mixed in with Darnold's game of his life. You tip the cap. He played great. They were the better team that night.
    Did our offense ever even cross the 50 after scoring a td vs bama? Our defense played their balls off that game but our offense couldn't even compete. The game was never in doubt after the pick 6.

Penn state was exactly how you described it. Usc soundly beat us at home. We never had control of any of those games at any point or a very realistic shot at winning them in the 4th quarter I think that's pretty black and white.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    did a @dhdawg post get deleted? it was long and really good

or i'm losing my mind
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

or i'm losing my mind

yeah I made some edits and the post disappeared
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

Gladstone said:

or i'm losing my mind

yeah I made some edits and the post disappeared
    It wasn't from me or any of the mods
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

to recap.
    1. I

Tequilla said:

Hugh WAS a try hard ...

Fucking Quook

The last 3 times they have played super athletic teams have been ugly Pennsylvania state, bama and USC. in fact the minutes lead in those games combined is Troubling. Minimal time 3-0 vs usc and 7-0 vs bama. Taking a prove if attitude is not a far fetched approach.

If I am being honest I don't like our talent at linebacker or defensive line nearly as much as years past and we may have more trouble stopping the run this year. It's easy to see a repeat performance like we have in those games and still pump out like a 10-2 record.
    What talent did we have at LB in those games that we don't have now? Remember that Azeem due to injury or other reason had little to no impact in any of them. it's largely been a mediocre unit for years.

The DL will take a step back without Vea, there is no question. but I don't think it's unreasonable to point out that they have the most experienced talent (gaines SR, Jaylen RS-JR, Levi RS-SO, Bowman SR) they have had in a long time.

I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect a defensive performance similar to what we had against Alabama where they were good enough to win. Even against USC they kept us in the game.

To me it comes down to the offense. What gives me hope is the offensive line given that we finally have a unit without any guys we know will struggle (like sosebee) and no one clearly playing out of position such as watty at LT or harris at RG. Hamdan needs to be both creative and stubborn with the run game.

What gives me not as much hope is browning and a WR group full of system guys and inexperience. We need to be good on 3rd down.

I think you are also overrating auburn if you perceive them to be in an elite category which is what USC, PSU and bama were when we played them.
    I can't remember the term he used but Joel Klatt pointed out that for every good year they have they follow it up with 2-3 years of mediocrity.
    First off Joel klatt is a dipshit but he is right about the overall success of auburn as a team. They are unpredictable but made ny6 bowls two years in a row just like us and have disappointed just like us. Auburn is not as good as bama usc and penn state probably but they are just as athletic which is the problem in my opinion. Browning is still our qb and he is avg at best and certainly not a playmaker. Our defense played good enough in 2/3 of those games, penn state was really bad, it happens against good teams though. I would hope against auburn they play well.

The whole point of this is it's easy for me to see someone justifying another non competitive performance based on the past vs athletic teams whether you hate Hugh or not. You can get to that conclusion logically based off past performance. Whether he concluded that because he is butthurt or not is another topic.
  • Options
    It wasn't just the Penn State game. Last year's team wasn't really that great period. How we finished last year for me is the most concerning thing going in as it's hard to know what to expect. If we are going to be that team who bests Auburn and makes the cfp the play from the OL, Browning and the pass rush is gonna have to be significantly better. I'm fairly confident about the OL. We shall see about the rest.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He probably took one look at Browning, and then one look at the Auburn D-line. I'm with Hugh on this one.

We'll be lucky to complete five passes, and get sacked for less than 50 yards in this game.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,988
    Agree that Auburn is not that great

I like Washington here
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    A dream result for me would be 10-7 Husky victory. Hard fought and either a 4th quarter game winning drive or FG for the win. #mybush will bring a swagger that was sorely missing with Smith.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,382
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

It wasn't just the Penn State game. Last year's team wasn't really that great period. How we finished last year for me is the most concerning thing going in as it's hard to know what to expect. If we are going to be that team who bests Auburn and makes the cfp the play from the OL, Browning and the pass rush is gonna have to be significantly better. I'm fairly confident about the OL. We shall see about the rest.

Last year the injury bug bit the shit out of us. I think when Gaines went out at PSU he was the 12th starter out by injury last season. Next man up is hard when you lose that many.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    W
    dtd said:

Mosster47 said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

You really think that's the root of the comment? Anyone hear this today
    ?

i haven't listened to kjr since 2012