Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Facts

FACTS

Inability to Win on the Road
2009: 0-5 on the road
2010: 3-3 on the road
2011: 1-4 on the road
2012: 2-4 on the road
2013: 1-3 so far
Combined record: 7-19 on the road

Huge Blowout losses each year
2009 - 43-19 loss to Oregon
2009 - 48-21 loss to Oregon State
2010 - 56-21 loss to Nebraska
2010 - 44-14 loss to Arizona
2010 - 41-0 to Stanford
2010 - 53-16 loss to Oregon
2011 - 51-38 loss to Nebraska
2011 - 65-21 loss to Stanford
2011 - 40-17 loss to USC
2012 - 41-3 loss to LSU
2012 - 52-21 loss to Oregon
2012 - 52-17 loss to Arizona
2013 - 45-24 loss to Oregon
2013 - 53-24 loss to Arizona State

A 3 or more game losing streak in the pac-12 every year
2009 - 4 games ( ASU, Oregon, UCLA, Oregon State )
2010 - 3 games ( ASU, Stanford, Oregon )
2011 - 3 games ( Oregon, USC, Oregon State )
2012 - 3 games ( Oregon, USC, Arizona )
2013 - 3 games ( Stanford, Oregon, Arizona State )

Average and not improving pac-12 record every year
2009 - 4 wins, 5 losses
2010 - 5 wins, 4 losses
2011 - 5 wins, 4 losses
2012 - 5 wins, 4 losses
2013 - 3 wins, 4 losses so far

Record versus ranked opponents
2009 - 2-3
2010 - 3-4
2011 - 0-4
2012 - 2-4
2013 - 1-3
overall 8-18

Record versus the NW
1-2
2-1
1-2
1-2
0-1 so far
5-7 record overall

Record versus Oregon
0-5

Could we really do worse with a coaching change?

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Wow.

We know what we have.

The question now becomes ...

Do we accept it, or do we improve on it?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited November 2013
    Nowhere near contending for the conference championship once in five years. Nowhere close to winning championships and Rose Bowls.
  • SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 288
    But he can recruit!! What would we do if we lost him? He's doing it the right way...Huge and Baird say so.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    18-8 vs. ranked opponents, 5-7 vs. the Northwest really stand out
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

But he can recruit!! What would we do if we lost him? He's doing it the right way...Huge and Baird say so.

Sark has moved down the pecking order. Now top recruits will wait to see what USC and UCLA offer in addition to Oregon before committing to Sark. Once committed, coaches like Riley and Leach will pick off who they want reminding recruits Sark is a Lameduck coach with a short term contract and too few wins with an AD who has bond payments to make on revenue promised from an ever growing grumbling fan base.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Sark has moved down the pecking order. Now top recruits will wait to see what USC and UCLA offer in addition to Oregon before committing to Sark. Once committed, coaches like Riley and Leach will pick off who they want reminding recruits Sark is a Lameduck coach with a short term contract and too few wins with an AD who has bond payments to make on revenue promised from an ever growing grumbling fan base.

Wins are important, but remember, so is culture.

So if those kids want to go to SC or UCLA ... or even Oregon ... let'em.

Because we have a special culture.
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    should be pinned
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Outstanding work. Posted on DM.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you guys already forget the video of him throwing fish at Pike Place Market with Romar?? You can't buy that kind of publicity.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Fetters said he can't debate the facts or even call them average, but there is no point to rehash negative stuff from the past. It's about where we are going.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited November 2013

Fetters said he can't debate the facts or even call them average, but there is no point to rehash negative stuff from the past. It's about where we are going.

So I take it Fatters likes neutral?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

So I take it Fatters likes neutral?
    Fetters likes nachos. And pie. And donuts. And Pizza. And cheeseburgers. And....fuck it, I can't keep listing all this. I'll be here for 3 straight days trying to list all the foods that Fat Fuck likes to eat.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    3-11 vs top 25 teams the last 3 seasons. Thats after starting 5-7 the first two years. Pathetic.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited November 2013
    It's interesting to contrast those who embrace change and understand that we could get a dud but you have to take the risk irregardless. Then you have the faction who says change will be disastrous and detrimental to recruiting and those who are already committed. We have had a decent number of 4 stars mixed with a few five stars, linemen who are falling out or not developing, and there's no need to rehash W/L and on field performance. I don't understand how that faction can't at least listen while their heads are crammed clean up their own asses.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    loadsock said:

It's interesting to contrast those who embrace change and understand that we could get a dud but you have to take the risk irregardless. Then you have the faction who says change will be disastrous and detrimental to recruiting and those who are already committed. We have had a decent number of 4 stars mixed with a few five stars, linemen who are falling out or not developing, and there's no need to rehash W/L and on field performance. I don't understand how that faction can't at least listen while their heads are crammed clean up their own asses.

It's 2007 all over again.

Deathwatch 2014 is going to be special.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

How did Baird escape being fired by DJ?

• 3-11 vs top 25 teams the last 3 seasons. Thats after starting 5-7 the first two years. Pathetic.

Like you said in your firesark blog the 0-12 excuse didn't start coming up until 2011. I don't recall them bringing up 0-12 the first two years when that could have been used.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Fact: I gave a few hundred dollars to Wisconsin (my other alma mater) today and none to Washington. That is much more meaningful than any football related statistic I could dig up.