Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Initial 247 rankings for class of 2021 are out

2021 will be special!

5 in state players in the initial top 100, all of them in the top 50. All are 4 stars at this point with at least two appearing likely to rate as 5 stars.

1. JT Tuimoloau
13. Sam Huard (offer him already!)
38. Emeka Egbua
45. My once and future avatar Julien Simon
46. Will Latu

Greatest in state class of all time incoming.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The failure will be exquisitely painful.

Poly Movement needs to pay the fuck off with Tui and Latu. Huard's a lock. Then it's a matter of pulling a couple FS receivers (Egbuka, Simon, Alexander, Tinae). My guess is they offer Huard by the end of this season, Latu fairly soon afterwards, and wait on the receivers as long as possible since there's so many of them.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    we won't offer them until 2020 so what's the point?
  • Options
    Meek said:

Tuimoloau already has an offer from UW
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    On a serious note I just hope the staff knows what the fuck they are doing. if they blow it with this class that's a huge loss because we aren't replacing these guys with out of state versions.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

On a serious note I just hope the staff knows what the fuck they are doing. if they blow it with this class that's a huge loss because we aren't replacing these guys with out of state versions.

They're not going to blow it with 2021. 2020 in state scares me a lot more. We're going to get Hatchett but not sure who else. Ringo being almost in state will help take a lot of the sting away f they can pull him.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

They're not going to blow it with 2021. 2020 in state scares me a lot more. We're going to get Hatchett but not sure who else. Ringo being almost in state will help take a lot of the sting away f they can pull him.
    I don't think they get JT or Egbua. Simon probably, Latu likely, and if we miss on Huard kms.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

dnc said:

I don't think they get JT or Egbua. Simon probably, Latu likely, and if we miss on Huard kms.
    I don't understand this. Why? Particularly for a DT, who has had more recent success than us in placing DTs high in the draft? Alabama. That's it. Not Clemson, not USC, not Ohio State. And if you want to go to Alabama you might as well be a ring-chasing bitch.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Meek said:

Tuimoloau already has an offer from UW
    And Bama.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    RealRhino said:

dnc said:

I don't understand this. Why? Particularly for a DT, who has had more recent success than us in placing DTs high in the draft? Alabama. That's it. Not Clemson, not USC, not Ohio State. And if you want to go to Alabama you might as well be a ring-chasing bitch.
    After this year it will be hard to argue against Clemson (and Bama), but I get your point.

It's too early to say we? won't get most of these guys. Most have been fairly quiet and have limited exposure to visits and what not. They will all be highly coveted so we? very likely won't get them all, but too early to tell for the most part. Outside of Egbuka saying he liked FSU and Stanford I haven't heard much of the other guys. Give Willie a year and a half to sink FSU and they won't be hot shit anymore for the FSP guys or players he met while at Oregon.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dawgs206 said:

RealRhino said:

dnc said:

After this year it will be hard to argue against Clemson (and Bama), but I get your point.

It's too early to say we? won't get most of these guys. Most have been fairly quiet and have limited exposure to visits and what not. They will all be highly coveted so we? very likely won't get them all, but too early to tell for the most part. Outside of Egbuka saying he liked FSU and Stanford I haven't heard much of the other guys. Give Willie a year and a half to sink FSU and they won't be hot shit anymore for the FSP guys or players he met while at Oregon.
    Bump. Escalated quicker than I thought. Willie only needed 2 weeks.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dipwad said:

Don't forget the true linchpin of 2021 class, safety Jake Smith. With graduation of crucial cog Ben Burr-Kirven will need another try hard white guy to anchor our defense.

Dumb ass. Should have gone low.