Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's the deal with Gaines?

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

lol you couldn't have a more devastating injury to this team than gaines

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

Losing Black Beast is worse.

Good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore!
    losing hunter bryant is not worse than losing greg fucking gaines.
    I know it's going to be an unpopular take but hear me out.

Right now Aaron Fuller is our best pass catcher. I like Fuller and think he's underrated here but he's best suited as a #3, at best.

Bryant would be by far our best threat in the passing game, at least out of the gate. We have no BTEs behind him who can stretch the defense unless Culp is far more ready than I expect.

I think the people behind and around Gaines are more ready to fill in for him than the people and around behind Bryant.

I'm not saying for the whole season but for the Auburn game, which basically is the season.

I think our receiving core will be very good by the end of the year but like Auburn's OL I don't think they'll be good out of the gate. For this game I think we can handle Auburn's OL without Gaines. I think Bryant would be a bigger difference maker.
    I think much like a lot of our "talent" our receivers will be good against lesser talent but inadequate against the big boys. I'm hoping that at the end of the year getting Hunter back and maybe being able to burn those four games for a redshirt freshmen will give us the talent depth needed in the Pac championship and our bowel game.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,979
    AuburnFan said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

Who is the black beast?

Fuck you fat ass. Nobody cares what you think. You're a WSU fan on a UW board.

At this point in his career they're going to hold him out if he gets a paper cut. Not worried about him. He'll be ready to go. It's good that some other guys behind him are getting more reps in practice.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

Right now Aaron Fuller is our best pass catcher. I like Fuller and think he's underrated here but he's best suited as a #3, at best.

Bryant would be by far our best threat in the passing game, at least out of the gate. We have no BTEs behind him who can stretch the defense unless Culp is far more ready than I expect.

I think the people behind and around Gaines are more ready to fill in for him than the people and around behind Bryant.

I'm not saying for the whole season but for the Auburn game, which basically is the season.

I think our receiving core will be very good by the end of the year but like Auburn's OL I don't think they'll be good out of the gate. For this game I think we can handle Auburn's OL without Gaines. I think Bryant would be a bigger difference maker.
    You explained your rationale well, but I still think it is wrong.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

Reasonable people can disagree!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Gaines is a much bigger loss
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

get fucked.
    Appreciate you
    If I hadn't already spazzed on this thread, I'd have gone with Yogi's "thanks dude. nice language." here
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    Believe me now or hear me later, but walk-on lefty kicker is the one guy we can't replace this year.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    Not an injury. Gaines is just trying to get his reads down. Once he does, watch out!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

amazing

Disagree, slightly.

get fucked.
    Go fuck yourself
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited August 2018
    I said the end