Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    Freaking hilarious article. This guy looks back at losses without mentioning our many wins of Top 10 matchups.

Most notably Beating #1 Bama and #1 UGA late last year .... but he did offer this nugget ....

"Auburn returns players in key positions from a 2017 campaign that saw the Tigers stand toe-to-toe with playoff contenders. The Huskies are coming back from a 10-win season of their own."

I guess beating the two number 1 teams who played in the NC game is "standing toe to toe"

Can't make this stuff up .... I see where that's an article from Opelika .... ran by bammers.
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    never mind ... I see where it is non conf.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

AuburnFan said:

never mind ... I see where it is non conf.

We didn't read your post anyway

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AuburnFan said:

Freaking hilarious article. This guy looks back at losses without mentioning our many wins of Top 10 matchups.

Most notably Beating #1 Bama and #1 UGA late last year .... but he did offer this nugget ....

"Auburn returns players in key positions from a 2017 campaign that saw the Tigers stand toe-to-toe with playoff contenders. The Huskies are coming back from a 10-win season of their own."

I guess beating the two number 1 teams who played in the NC game is "standing toe to toe"

Can't make this stuff up .... I see where that's an article from Opelika .... ran by bammers.

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    I wouldnt be too worried if I was Auburn.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

I agree BUT...Auburn is the only one of the SEC's 3 good teams UW can beat. Good scheduling for a girl. Now IF Dub just had a qb? Dammit I hate going into a pivotal game like this, for us, the pac12, everyone west of the Rockies with Browning. He just cant win this game. 18 other players can, but he cannot. Pisses me off because Pete knows it too and he's kicking himself.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club

I agree BUT...Auburn is the only one of the SEC's 3 good teams UW can beat. Good scheduling for a girl. Now IF Dub just had a qb? Dammit I hate going into a pivotal game like this, for us, the pac12, everyone west of the Rockies with Browning. He just cant win this game. 18 other players can, but he cannot. Pisses me off because Pete knows it too and he's kicking himself.
    If only there was a way to get other quarterbacks on your team by your 5th year that are ready to play

We could call it "recruiting"
    Well to Pete's credit he did create the best QB room in the Pac12, most of the country. Not his fault Eason went east.

He was just a year late recruiting a QB and a DL. Sucks too. There should be a good eligible jr and soph qb on the roster WITH some experience. KJ was a prayer. Gadd was a bad miss. Only 2 complaints I have of Pete.

The DL is going to get exposed. When JJ needs oxygen , and God forbid Gaines, we are in trouble stopping run. I dont think JJ is going to hold up, be really effective. We dont have a playoff dline, linebacking corps. Sorry!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club

Well to Pete's credit he did create the best QB room in the Pac12, most of the country. Not his fault Eason went east.

He was just a year late recruiting a QB and a DL. Sucks too. There should be a good eligible jr and soph qb on the roster WITH some experience. KJ was a prayer. Gadd was a bad miss. Only 2 complaints I have of Pete.

The DL is going to get exposed. When JJ needs oxygen , and God forbid Gaines, we are in trouble stopping run. I dont think JJ is going to hold up, be really effective. We dont have a playoff dline, linebacking corps. Sorry!

@StrongArmCobra ? True?
    Gladstone said:

Not his fault Eason went east.

Oh pup.

Not his fault that the consensus #1 QB recruit, NPOY, Gatorate POY, unanimous 5 star QB -- who was local -- went 3,500 miles away? If Eason committed here originally we wouldn't have our pants shitting problem right now.
    Uh, his dad helped him with that decision. Its on Jacob now, and good riddance. He is weight room lazy, he looks like John Minter coming out of high school as a fucking JR? (Only Steel2 and I know who that is, but whats new) He was 235lbs at Georgia, looked like a pro qb. Now he's a gangly, skinny-legged 215lb big bird.

Dont assume he's your starter unless he gets serious about lifting, football