Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tony Wroten >>> Goss

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
And it's not even close

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    If you mean freshman Wroten versus freshman Goss, I categorically disagree
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    dnc said:

I haven't watched any games. Does Goss look legit?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Awfully early for March.
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

He looks a little slow on defense, and his long range shooting is a little below average like Gershon had said.

Otherwise, he looks very good. It's obviously very early, but so far he's showed a great ability to create his own shot. For someone lacking quickness he's very good at putting it on the floor and creating a good look. He finishes well, and plays incredibly under control. His TO totals are very low for how much he handles the ball. And while his passing hasn't been jaw dropping, it's been solid. He looks like a top 3 point guard in the conference to me.

He has his flaws, and is almost assuredly not a one and done and probably not even a two and done. But he looks like an all conference player by next year to me.

And yes, I know, LIPO. He could be terrible in December and I'll be regretting this. But if the question is frosh Wroten or frosh Goss, based on what I've seen so far, I'm taking Goss with zero hesitation.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

He looks a little slow on defense, and his long range shooting is a little below average like Gershon had said.

Otherwise, he looks very good. It's obviously very early, but so far he's showed a great ability to create his own shot. For someone lacking quickness he's very good at putting it on the floor and creating a good look. He finishes well, and plays incredibly under control. His TO totals are very low for how much he handles the ball. And while his passing hasn't been jaw dropping, it's been solid. He looks like a top 3 point guard in the conference to me.

He has his flaws, and is almost assuredly not a one and done and probably not even a two and done. But he looks like an all conference player by next year to me.

And yes, I know, LIPO. He could be terrible in December and I'll be regretting this. But if the question is frosh Wroten or frosh Goss, based on what I've seen so far, I'm taking Goss with zero hesitation.
    Thanks.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Was this poast made during or after the game last night? The jury is still out on this one, but NWG has looked pretty decent. Tony Wroten was way more explosive no doubt but also had moments in games where he went full blown retard. I don't see NWG having those kind of lapses.

Different players, would be glad to have both.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I defer to DawgInNorthCarolina for my hoops, but TW was a once in a lifetime player. He took over games
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

I defer to DawgInNorthCarolina for my hoops, but TW was a once in a lifetime player. He took over games

Once in a lifetime players make the NCAA tournament.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Not with a coach like Romar APG

Not with a coach like Romar APG
    Romar's been to the tournament 5 of the last 10 years, no? If Wroten was once in a lifetime he would have been good enough to carry Romar there again.

He was a great talent but a subpar college basketball player.