Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why the coaches take their time evaluating and making offers...

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
This is why I get irritated when people freak the fuck out about the coaches not offering some in-state guys before their Junior seasons which for most of them would mean taking their commitments immediately as Freshman or Sophomores. There are always fucking amazing hidden gems that come out of the fucking woodwork down the road after their Junior season or even their Senior season and sometimes they're way more fucking talented than other guys at their position who are highly rated as Freshman and Sophomores.

Case in point this motherfucker: Ethan Zemla, ILB, Valor Christian, Littleton, CO, 6'3 220, 3*:

This kid has the frame that everybody wants, sideline to sideline speed, and great instincts. He's still under the radar and doesn't have any big offers (at least none that show up in the 247 database). Looks like Nebraska and UCLA are recruiting him under the radar. He's also smart and has Ivy league offers. Just a total stud with NFL talent but is rated a lowly 3* whereas Maninoa Tufuno was rated damn near a 5* at one point and looks like hot shit now and some of you wanted the coaches to take him badly a couple weeks ago. Zemla reminds me of Leighton Vander Esch and if I'm being honest and objective I would take him over Miki Ah You in a heart beat and I like Ah You.

https://247sports.com/player/ethan-zemla-46047851

https://hudl.com/video/3/3104800/59de4dee7bd2d011dc78d294

You also have a guy like OT Cal Frank, 6'7 285, Oaks Christian, CA, 3*:

Frank is a really good looking athlete and a high upside LT prospect. He's new to the sport of football but a stud rugby player. Schools like Cal, UCLA, and Nebraska are on him and he's visited UW so our coaches are aware of him as well. When I said Buelow waiting till the Poly bowl to commit could cost him his spot with UW I wasn't bullshitting. A high upside guy like this is why I said that. Frank is easily a better athlete than Buelow right now. If he has a big Senior season UW could pull the trigger on him and take him over Buelow.

https://hudl.com/video/3/4877585/59b81a5dff0bca0d80f431c2

I also still love this kid Ryan Franke, OLB, 6'4 210-220, Oaks Christian, CA, 3*, Oregon State commit:

https://hudl.com/video/3/5414559/5a73fa3532dc5f0d1442e8fa

If the coaches did what some of you wanted them to do we'd have Justus Legg (in-state kid, rated a 4* as a Sophomore) and Maninoa Tufuno (UW legacy, rated a 4*) committed right now and we'd all be pissed and wanting them to be dropped. The coaches have to take their time offering guys so they don't fuck up and A. take a kid who turns out to be shit or B. miss out on an NFL talent who's under the radar and better than other more highly rated guys in consideration.

This is also why I get fucking irritated when the stupid stars debate comes up or all these idiot quooks beat their chests over star ratings. College football recruiting is not about recruiting as many stars as possible. It's about bringing in NFL TALENT! Sometimes that NFL talent is accurately rated as 4 or 5 stars. Sometimes it's not and it's rated 3 stars. Sometimes guys are massively overrated and are not NFL talents at all but are inaccurately rated 4 stars (most of Oregon's 4-star commits). Alabama is winning the national title every other year not because the guys they're signing are rated 4 and 5 stars. But because those guys have NFL talent and are ACCURATELY rated as 4 and 5 stars. I don't give a fuck how many stars a guy has. I just want NFL talent.

That Zemla kid needs to be offered right fucking now. His film is amazing.

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why do you say Tufuno sucks ass now?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This argument would be more compelling if we? didn’t actually offer Tufono early. It didn’t hurt us.
  • Options
    dnc said:

This argument would be more compelling if we? didn’t actually offer Tufono early. It didn’t hurt us.

Except Tufuno is an out-of-state kid. If he was an in-state kid, rated as one of the top ILB out West, playing at Eastside Catholic, and an FSP guy, it would be a really bad look for him to not have a committable offer at this point. I'm sure that would rub his high school coach and Tracy Ford the wrong way. Granted Darien Chase is technically an in-state kid without a committable offer right now but he's all the way down in Vancouver and he's originally from Oregon.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No one is reading that many words from StrongBad.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mosster47 said:

WOOOOO Jacob Bandes is an OKG BABAAAAAY! YEAAAAAH BUUDAAAAY! #1 rated DT out West and the DL MVP at the Opening! WOOOOOOO GET YOU SOME OF THAT! TAIMANI, LETULIGASENOA, PA'AMA, and BANDES! D-LINE HOGS WOOOOO! More to come!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i might need a walk for some perspective caz ballz making too much sense right now
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fuck Oaks Christian. Pussy church school, pussy football players.
  • Options

Three white guys?

Zemla looks at least half Asian. He's the Taylor Rapp of inside backers.
  • Options

Zach Charbonnet? Kayvon Thibadeaux? Joshua Calvert?
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Zach Charbonnet? Kayvon Thibadeaux? Joshua Calvert?
    Pussy, Pussy, Pussy. I love pussy.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    Founders Club

Three white guys?

This thread was his roundabout way of answering the question of What's an OKG?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Three white guys?

his?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Three white guys?

his?
    OP
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

WOOOOO Jacob Bandes is an OKG BABAAAAAY! YEAAAAAH BUUDAAAAY! #1 rated DT out West and the DL MVP at the Opening! WOOOOOOO GET YOU SOME OF THAT! TAIMANI, LETULIGASENOA, PA'AMA, and BANDES! D-LINE HOGS WOOOOO! More to come!
    Mosster is legitimately bothered by this post even though Bandes would never even think about going to Arizona.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster is legitimately bothered by this post even though Bandes would never even think about going to Arizona.
    You're about three steps below StrongBad.

Do better.