Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Day Ten for you fucks

Edited per Stalin's request.

- The offense was put at the 1-yard line. Shane Bowman to force a safety first. Then Browning drove the team to a 99-yard touchdown that was capped off by a short Sean McGrew run. He had to convert a couple fourth down plays and also scrambled for a few first downs to keep the chains moving. The drive took 20 plays.

- DJ Beavers seems to be taking on an enforcer role, and is hitting guys through the whistle even when it is Cut-Tempo (no taking ball carriers to the ground).

- Washington's offense gave up three safeties during their final scrimmage period. Shane Bowman, Keith Taylor and Myles Rice all had the tackles that put up points for the defense, and two of them came on back-to-back series with Jake Haener at QB.

- For all intents and purposes, Peyton Henry has won the kicking job. He made all four of his kicks Monday, ranging from 35 to 40 yards, and from various hash marks. Van Soderberg, the other kicker vying for the spot, was 1-2 on the day with a long of 35. The ball explodes off Henry's leg and he has the biggest leg of anyone in camp. He'll likely do kickoffs too, although I doubt that's been finalized. No one else is close to beating him out for the job.

- Levi Onwuzurike had two sacks, a tackle-for-loss and a couple of quarterback hurries.

- Marquis Spiker seems to be picking things up quickly and he had a couple of nice grabs to extend drives by the third offense during the team session.

- Sam Taimani and Joe Tryon accounted for a sack of Jacob Sirmon and the freshman even got a few plays with the second team defense.

- Cole Norgaard makes the list for the worst reason possible. His snaps continue to come back either too low or off target. Jesse Sosebee took some snaps at center and showed much more consistency and accuracy.

- MJ Tafisi came in on a blitz and sacked Haener. He's been one of the most consistent freshmen over the past couple of days, flashing his potential.

Oh and just a reminder, his kid is 360 lbs and a freshman:

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Chinteresting development at kicker. I hope the kid has what it takes.

Three safeties is kind of crazy but they must have been giving the offense the ball at their own one consistently.

Levi makes me NTD, BB. I don't know if he gets enough attention. He's a monster.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

- For all intents and purposes, Peyton Henry has won the kicking job. He made all four of his kicks Monday, ranging from 35 to 40 yards, and from various hash marks. Van Soderberg, the other kicker vying for the spot, was 1-2 on the day with a long of 35. The ball explodes off Henry's leg and he has the biggest leg of anyone in camp. He'll likely do kickoffs too, although I doubt that's been finalized. No one else is close to beating him out for the job.

Awfully warm for September 1. I hope this kid fills the yawning chasm that has been the kicking game, but there's a big difference between kicking at camp and kicking under pressure.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    fuck, i am getting old and soft. kirkland wearing his father's # is pretty fucking cool
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Awfully warm for September 1. I hope this kid fills the yawning chasm that has been the kicking game, but there's a big difference between kicking at camp and kicking under pressure.
    Yeah but our other kickers can't even do that...
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yeah but our other kickers can't even do that...
    Oh, no doubt. It’s just that he might suck during games too. I hope not, but the kicking game sucks until it doesn’t.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    How long is it going to take Norgaard to realize he can’t roll the ball back to the QB?
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

How long is it going to take Norgaard to realize he can’t roll the ball back to the QB?

He’s a Viking, he will get.