Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Weakarm follows Pettis to NFL

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Early reports are hinting at Pettis being a damn good NFL WR.

Though his rookie season was a complete bust, Ross wasn't useless in the first preseason game either.

We may look back at 2016 as the best WR tandem at UW.
    Who even compares? I loved Mario Bailey and liked Orlando McKay but Ross/Pettis > rather easily. Reggie/ET or Reggie/PA are in the discussion because Reggie but neither of his counterparts held up their end of the bargain. Fred Coleman wasn't good enough to get Pathon into the discussion. Only a complete slow strategy cracka would take Anthony Allen/Paul Skansi here. Hill/Slater will always have a special place in my heart because they were the first UW receiver duo I remember but no way they were better.

Unless I'm overlooking somebody I think Ross-Pettis take this rather easily.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

for fuck sake can someone get this kid a qb with an arm? WTF?

I understand the sentiment but it didn't look like that was all the arm he had. He just let up too much because he didn't want to over throw it over lead a guy that was open by 10 yards.
    maybe or maybe not, but all i know he made his WR slow down and wait for the ball. dante got great hands he can track it. watching him play last year made me realize, that browning was going to cost dante some money. lucky for dante 49 gradated him properly. caz i dont think anyone was going to draft him that early or even 3rd round
    Really good scouting for sure. Guy doeant jump out but is really good.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Though his rookie season was a complete bust, Ross wasn't useless in the first preseason game either.

Who even compares? I loved Mario Bailey and liked Orlando McKay but Ross/Pettis > rather easily. Reggie/ET or Reggie/PA are in the discussion because Reggie but neither of his counterparts held up their end of the bargain. Fred Coleman wasn't good enough to get Pathon into the discussion. Only a complete slow strategy cracka would take Anthony Allen/Paul Skansi here. Hill/Slater will always have a special place in my heart because they were the first UW receiver duo I remember but no way they were better.

The Reggie Williams/Charles Frederick/Paul Arnold duo is close from a talent perspective, but you're right that those guys never backed up Reggie as much, it was often a one man Show.

Even Bearswiin thinks Ross and Pettis are special.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

I'm hearing the 2018 WRs have a higher ceiling than Dante fuckin Pettis and John Ross :P
    Not exactly what I said but yeah, it was still FS
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    i know what you said and even with an amazing 3rd option etc it isn't remotely close

just fuckin with ya bud

20 days....... ;|
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Dante is going to give up and pursue Baseball soon

Probably my fav moment of last year, he broke the record and gave his pops a S/O. Listed to couple of interviews of Garry he was so proud of his boy. The dooog in me was in tears.
    Also...Could you think of a better group of douchebags to do it against?
    Cougs?
    Yeah maybe 10 years ago. I think the Douchebags and their Douchebag fan base have earned it though
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HoYTL4LvgY

@Dennis_DeYoung you will enjoy this guys commentary on brownsox lolz
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

"how the heck do you miss a guy this wide open?" lol
    Gladstone said:

"how the heck do you miss a guy this wide open?" lol
    Jake browning lives for moments like this
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was Browning's best game of the season too. I can't doog out anymore after watching Browning miss so many throws.

That was Browning's best game of the season too. I can't doog out anymore after watching Browning miss so many throws.
    Fuck, roaddawg going for the kill
    He got his money