Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Imagine a world...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Where the last 6-8 spots we have are taken by...

Heimuli - LB
Buelow - OL
Vimahi - OL
Bandes - DT
Tuitele - DT
Wright or Ika - DT (Fuck only taking 2 more DT's if one of these kids wants in LOAD THE FUCK UP NOW)
Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
Some DB that's good?????

Imagine that world. Only holes are at WR and TE for the class (and could have used a second RB but whatever) in this scenario I think, and OL and DL recruiting would be so fucking good I'd accept it.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2018
    dnc said:

Agreed.

I don't think this is that far from realistic either. The interesting question will be whether Vimahi actually Moreman missions or not.

Yeah, even if you drop Vimahi and Ika/Wright, that is still a bringing the lumber type close. I think on balance that is nearing "great class" territory. If there is any big surprise added to that list of 5 like a good DB, or flipping Ngata or adding a top end TE or something, this class is firmly in the "great" segment.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Wright or Ika - DT (Fuck only taking 2 more DT's if one of these kids wants in LOAD THE FUCK UP NOW)
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Imagine that world. Only holes are at WR and TE for the class (and could have used a second RB but whatever) in this scenario I think, and OL and DL recruiting would be so fucking good I'd accept it.

That's actually not too far-fetched if we are to believe the Twitter tea leaves and the reports from TBSers. At a minimum, it sounds like we currently lead for Heimuli, Buelow, and Tuitele. We did lead for Wright at one point and are probably still high on his board, Bandes' mom wants him here, and Vimahi and Ika seem to like us. I think Lake feels good about either flipping Mychael Wright or landing McDuffie (or both?) since he's slow playing Chase with no pure CBs on board yet.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

That's actually not too far-fetched if we are to believe the Twitter tea leaves and the reports from TBSers. At a minimum, it sounds like we currently lead for Heimuli, Buelow, and Tuitele. We did lead for Wright at one point and are probably still high on his board, Bandes' mom wants him here, and Vimahi and Ika seem to like us. I think Lake feels good about either flipping Mychael Wright or landing McDuffie (or both?) since he's slow playing Chase with no pure CBs on board yet.
    Where is this idea that we can flip Mychael Wright coming from?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Stephon Wright methinks
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Ballz planted the inception in my head
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Everything except the mychael wright seems legit...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

He's supposedly still taking visits and UW will get one. We'll see if it happens.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think we still pull a DB and a TE purely based on what the big boared says target wise. As DNC stated if we we whiff we could still flip Chase. No idea who the TE will be unless it's someone we are counting as playing a different position.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Jesus you dream about ballz, u need walk for perspective
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Jesus you dream about ballz, u need walk for perspective
    @WhatshouldIdreamabout?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC, UW and Stanford are not the programs we're building this team for. Those teams are regional contenders for the most part, with the exception of USC, who's occasionally great but mostly mediocre. Once Oregon gets rolling again, those teams should largely become an afterthought. To an SEC caliber team lead by a coach from the Saban tree, those are the types of teams you through the motions with and still beat them rather easily (say 34-17?) with ample trash time left at the end of the games to give the backups some playing time. This team is being built to compete with the much skronger southern blue bloods in the SEC/ACC. HTFH.

I'm going to get a lot of use out of this with all you quook trolls here...

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited August 2018
    Swaye said:

Heimuli - LB
    Buelow - OL
    Vimahi - OL
    Bandes - DT
    Tuitele - DT
    Trice - BUCK (lolwut)
    Some DB that's good?????

Best Chance - Buelow and Heimuli seem to br trending our? way. Get them in the boat ASAP.

Good Chance - Bandes - His mom is in our corner. Recent Clemson offer scares me.

Decent Chance Tuitele and Trice - We? are the only west coast school in Tuitele's top 5. OSU is also in there... recent news can't help. Indifferent on Trice, but who else do we? have a shot at for BUCK that has his offer list. Need to close.

In the Hunt - Wright, Ika, and Vimahi - Seemed to be the leader with Wright for months, but we? didn't close. Maybe we? cooled? Ika seems to be favoring BAMA. The question is is his offer commitable? They have two DT commits and 20 total commits. He seems to be the 2nd or 3rd highest rated DT they are still in the mix with. BAMA also made Tuitele's top 5. We made Vimahi's top 8. USC and UCLA are the only west coast schools (no Utah or BYU). It would be very pleasing to beat Notre Dame head to head again.

DB - We'll? take at least one more, but hard to guess who we are after most.

Doog Wishes - Ngata and Charbonnet - Can we? get Ngata to visit? Probably not, but I can dream. Ship has likely sailed on Charbonnet, but I don't like the depth at RB after this year, so stay on him.

One to watch - Quentin Moore, TE Inglemoore - If we? really want a TE in this class and miss out on our? other prospects (seems likely), he may be a late offer. I'd rather take two RB's than reach on a TE with our? lack of depth after this year, but that's just me.