Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    Our D is going to crush those fucks
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    That game was played at a time where Stidham, Malzahn and first-year offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey were still feeling each other out and getting on the same page.

There's some Deliverance shit going on down there.
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173

You really think so?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    AuburnFan said:

You really think so?
    The Husky defense is legit gonna give Auburn a lot of problems. Stidham is the best QB in the SEC, but he hasn't had to face a lot of secondaries like Jimmy's.

Of course, the Auburn D is gonna wreak havoc for UW too. First team to 21 probably wins.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Just when I was starting to like W's chances in this:

The Huskies return a quarterback in Jake Browning who completed 68.5 percent of his passes foe 2,719 yards and 19 touchdowns last season, a running back in Myles Gaskin who has rushed for at least 1,300 yards and 10 touchdowns in three consecutive seasons, and nine starters on a defense that ranked top-10 in both total and scoring defense last year.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    AuburnFan said:

You really think so?
    Our defense is called Harley ****ing Davidson, is made in America and is going to roll over your ASS!!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
  • AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    TTJ said:

AuburnFan said:

You really think so?
    The Husky defense is legit gonna give Auburn a lot of problems. Stidham is the best QB in the SEC, but he hasn't had to face a lot of secondaries like Jimmy's.

Of course, the Auburn D is gonna wreak havoc for UW too. First team to 21 probably wins.

I disagree with this statement (while acknowledging that your DBs are elite) .... Stidham has faced a multitude of NFL caliber DBs most notably UGA and Alabama (Who he had no trouble with until our best blocking back was injured)

Our offensive cohesiveness will depend on if our Offensive line gels quick enough for the opener (they didn't last year and we had an entirely different OL by week 3 or 4.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    AuburnFan said:

I disagree with this statement (while acknowledging that your DBs are elite) .... Stidham has faced a multitude of NFL caliber DBs most notably UGA and Alabama (Who he had no trouble with until our best blocking back was injured)

I don't mean to suggest Stidham hasn't seen NFL caliber DBs. The SEC is full of them, no question.

What makes UW's secondary a little different from most, IMO, is the top-to-bottom quality. So long as Myles Bryant plays sparingly (as I expect), there really isn't a weak link to go after.
    AuburnFan said:

Our offensive cohesiveness will depend on if our Offensive line gels quick enough for the opener (they didn't last year and we had an entirely different OL by week 3 or 4.

This describes UW's offense as well.

I've only been daydreaming of a UW-Auburn matchup since the days of Brent Fullwood and Rick Fenney. Too bad it's not a home-and-home series. Still, seems like it's shaping up to be a pretty decent game.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Another big game on the big stage and UW will get crushed. Seen it a million times.