Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on Mario Cristobal...

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited July 2018 in Duck Refuge
He's a damn good recruiter. In his first full season, he's on pace for Oregon's best recruiting class ever. But, I kind of have a problem with his recruiting method. Mainly, the amount of ass kissing that goes to these recruits concerns me. I feel it attracts soft, and attention seeking primadonnas. You don't see Pete doing that shit. That's the kind of shit Sark did. I think we'll learn pretty quick if Mario recruits talkers or walkers.

He needs to show me something on the field. His one and only game as head coach at Oregon was a disaster. That loss was much worst than what the 10 point spread showed. I will give him some slack however, given that he had only been the head coach for 10 days, and his number one offensive weapon made the smart choice of not playing. Still though...that game was almost as bad as the 2006 Vegas Bowl. It could be used as the definition of a shit show.

That is all

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Rick recruited the same way and we got soft as fuck

That's what I'm afraid of
    How could you possibly go soft with this guy in charge?

#FagFriday
    Cristoball's failure on the field is going to be #FASTandLOUD
  • Options
    edited July 2018

He's a damn good recruiter. In his first full season, he's on pace for Oregon's best recruiting class ever. But, I kind of have a problem with his recruiting method. Mainly, the amount of ass kissing that goes to these recruits concerns me. I feel it attracts soft, and attention seeking primadonnas. You don't see Pete doing that shit. That's the kind of shit Sark did. I think we'll learn pretty quick if Mario recruits talkers or walkers.

He needs to show me something on the field. His one and only game as head coach at Oregon was a disaster. That loss was much worst than what the 10 point spread showed. I will give him some slack however, given that he had only been the head coach for 10 days, and his number one offensive weapon made the smart choice of not playing. Still though...that game was almost as bad as the 2006 Vegas Bowl. It could be used as the definition of a shit show.

That is all

him letting freeman travel with team and give a pre-game speech after saying he would sit out the game to 'rest up and avoid injury to be a first third round pick" was truly icing on the cake.

but, the players LOEV mario.
    I almost forgot about that. I originally thought it was bol shit, but then I realized it was the Vegas Bowel, and teams playing in these bowel games is also bol shit. So I chopped it up as a draw.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    dnc said:

That is all

him letting freeman travel with team and give a pre-game speech after saying he would sit out the game to 'rest up and avoid injury to be a first third round pick" was truly icing on the cake.

but, the players LOEV mario.
    Oregon football is dead. No one gave a fuck about the Vegas Bowl, not the team, not the fans. HTH. No one showed up to play. No one wanted to see faggot Freeman give a motivational speech while his fat ass sat on the bench. No one wanted to see the debut of Knight's discount aisle head coach. Only ultra quooks changed previously scheduled plans to watch that shit. HTFH.
    Disagree with the bold section. Correct analysis, but wrong thesis. If the fan base had actually cared about the Vegas Bowl then the program would be dead.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I hate making fun of that faggot because I was the biggest frat bro buff douch ever. So it hits all my insecurities.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018

Wow I don't think I've ever seen you admit that before, though I could have missed it.

But agreed. When I think of Rick's WR guys other than Reggie, I think of Charles Frederick (who refused to learn how to block downfield) and that JC guy that wound up transferring to to Virginia or North Carolina or someplace like that.

I even remember some Husky fans defending Frederick and saying it isn't a WR's job to block downfield for other guys... damn I'm glad those days are over.

Isn't Frederick also the guy that Jeremy Stevens nearly beat the shit out of because Frederick pissed in his locker after Jeremy yelled at him for not wearing his helmet in practice.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baphomet said:

Wow I don't think I've ever seen you admit that before, though I could have missed it.

But agreed. When I think of Rick's WR guys other than Reggie, I think of Charles Frederick (who refused to learn how to block downfield) and that JC guy that wound up transferring to to Virginia or North Carolina or someplace like that.

I even remember some Husky fans defending Frederick and saying it isn't a WR's job to block downfield for other guys... damn I'm glad those days are over.

Isn't Frederick also the guy that Jeremy Stevens nearly beat the shit out of because Frederick pissed in his locker after Jeremy yelled at him for not wearing his helmet in practice.
    Eddie Jackson

I’d give up three schollies to have Reggie Williams again. Those guys weren’t the RN receivers people are referring to. They mean the 7 receiver class with Bobby Whithorne and @SonnyShackelford and Craig Chambers and Charles Smith and Anthony Russo and Corey Williams and I don’t remember the other one.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

I didn't know you'd been born yet......

I saw Fredrick beat the King's yardage record at Oregon State. What a game. And Alexis took it to the house against the Canes

Rick took Lambos tuff guys to a Rose Bowl win something Lambo couldn't do

I said Rick shouldn't have been fired when he was and I was right

I also taunted doogs for years that Gilby, Ty, and Sark couldn't match the guy they couldn't wait to fire

He should have been fired after the season
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,927
    Founders Club

Baphomet said:

I saw Fredrick beat the King's yardage record at Oregon State. What a game. And Alexis took it to the house against the Canes

I also taunted doogs for years that Gilby, Ty, and Sark couldn't match the guy they couldn't wait to fire

... unless he won a Rose Bowl
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Rick is just soft as fuck by nature. I don't see a lineman from Miami in their heyday being soft.

I could see him being painfully stubborn, but not soft.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Rick is just soft as fuck by nature. I don't see a lineman from Miami in their heyday being soft.

I could see him being painfully stubborn, but not soft.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Baphomet said:

Bingo. Husky doog simplots like to remember RN as a shit coach. He really wasn't. Just flawed.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782

You'd think Mario would have a clue when it came to tuff guys heading up recruiting.