Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking down what's left

Right now we will have 15 guaranteed open scholarships after the season. Let's assume an extra 5 open up due to players leaving early to the NFL, injuries, transfers, etc.

That gives us 20 scholarships. We currently have 14 commits (if you include Lolohea).

That means there are 6 spots left

QB: Done

RB: 0/1

Targets: Charbonnet or bust

WR: 0/1

Targets: Ngata, McCoy, or bust

TE: 0/1

Targets: Foskey or bust (I expect Wolfe to commit to USC)

OL: 1-3

Targets: Rhyan, Buelow, Vimahi, Fautanu

DL: 1-3

Targets: Wright, Tuitele, Bandes, Ika, Pepa (Mission kid)

OLB/BUCK: 0/1

Targets: Latu, Pakola, Jackson, Trice, Ma'ae

LB: 0/1
Targets: Heimuli, Tufono, Calvert, To'oto'o

CB: 0/1
Targets: Mykael Wright, McDuffie, Javin Wright, Chase (?)

S: Done

K/P: Done

Spots are getting tight. It doesn't surprise me that there are rumors that we are backing off of Chase. I think they load up in the trenches and take 4 more OL/DL this cycle. It wouldn't shock me if they are done with offensive skill position players. That would leave 2 more commits coming from the defensive side of the ball. My guess is 1 OLB/BUCK and 1 LB.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Buleow. Wright. Tufono. Trice and two JAGS. That’s your class.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    UW is still recruiting Mykael Wright? I'd say LPJ, maybe.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BlastDoor said:

UW is still recruiting Mykael Wright? I'd say LPJ, maybe.

Latest update I saw was that he was still planning on visiting UW.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    henry is playing tackle
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Where I'm concerned in 2019 forward:

RB: I could see Ahmed leaving as a Jr if he has a big 2019 year. The rest on the current roster fall more in the JAG category. Davis needs to be good. We despearately need a strong 2020 class here.

WR: After 2019 you lose a bunch of JAGs. If Ty Jones leaves after 2019 the depth gets VERY THIN very quickly. That's why I don't think it's smart for us to only take 1 in this class.

TE: Probably ok if we end up just not taking anybody this year. Puts a ton of pressure on landing DJ Rogers as part of the 2020 class.

OL/DL: We're going to be really talented here in 2019 but young. 2020 and 2021 will be special.

OLB/BUCK: We've got a lot of bodies here but despeately need some people to step up here. This feels like an area where we need to some people to either shit or get off the pot. Note that Warren likely needs to be moved to the FB/TE area.

ILB: After this year, we're stuck with a lot of youth and most likely some JAGs in Beavers/Wellington (both feel underwhelming to me at this point). The fact that we've moved Tevis inside isn't a vote of confidence. I think we take a good number here this year (room for a few more guys) and we'll be really young but talented in 2019 (sensing a theme).

DB: This is what balanced depth looks like. This and the QB position is where we've done things right in recruiting.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Where I'm concerned in 2019 forward:

RB: I could see Ahmed leaving as a Jr if he has a big 2019 year. The rest on the current roster fall more in the JAG category. Davis needs to be good. We despearately need a strong 2020 class here.

WR: After 2019 you lose a bunch of JAGs. If Ty Jones leaves after 2019 the depth gets VERY THIN very quickly. That's why I don't think it's smart for us to only take 1 in this class.

TE: Probably ok if we end up just not taking anybody this year. Puts a ton of pressure on landing DJ Rogers as part of the 2020 class.

OL/DL: We're going to be really talented here in 2019 but young. 2020 and 2021 will be special.

OLB/BUCK: We've got a lot of bodies here but despeately need some people to step up here. This feels like an area where we need to some people to either shit or get off the pot. Note that Warren likely needs to be moved to the FB/TE area.

ILB: After this year, we're stuck with a lot of youth and most likely some JAGs in Beavers/Wellington (both feel underwhelming to me at this point). The fact that we've moved Tevis inside isn't a vote of confidence. I think we take a good number here this year (room for a few more guys) and we'll be really young but talented in 2019 (sensing a theme).

DB: This is what balanced depth looks like. This and the QB position is where we've done things right in recruiting.

RB: I would say Daniyel Ngata or Sam Adams are our most likely at this stage if we ever stop smoking cock and offer our in state kids.

It’s time we offer our in state skill positions now that we’ve whiffed on all or best 19 targets, and if Lubick has any sense of urgency he will force the issue now to offer Gee.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wow, if Rapp leaves early next year's senior class is largely dreck. This is the c/o 2015 who redshirted or the c/o 16 who played as true frosh. If we replace this class with another top 15 class, 2020 is going to be special!