Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

At what point

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,940 Founders Club
Do we start to talk about firing Pete? Still hasn't won a major bowl or beaten any GOOD teams. It's year 5. Time to start WINNING something. This is WASHINGTON dammit.

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Water is wet. Bitch. You think you're going to get it done with Brownsocks and a team that gets pushed around by the SEC whenever you reach the bright lights of the big time? Oh wait, Pete's a top 5 coach. Never mind....
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    This might deserve own thread, but I think we? don’t meet expectations this year including a loss on the road to Oregon who has a bi the week prior when we? go to UCLA. Losses to Auburn, Oregon,Stanford and maybe UCLA will have us wanting Peterson’s head.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

This might deserve own thread, but I think we? don’t meet expectations this year including a loss on the road to Oregon who has a bi the week prior when we? go to UCLA. Losses to Auburn, Oregon,Stanford and maybe UCLA will have us wanting Peterson’s head.

Fuck
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Fuck
    Also Utah on the road isn’t a gimme
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

Yep this schedule sets up to be a potentially highly disappointing year. I don't think we lose to Furd at home though.

If we go only lose one in the regular season Pete did a damn good job.
    Naw let’s win it all....doog it up!!!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Yep this schedule sets up to be a potentially highly disappointing year. I don't think we lose to Furd at home though.

If we go only lose one in the regular season Pete did a damn good job.

While this is true, there has to be something to be said for having a roster that seems to be 99% seniors or multi year starting juniors.

If we run the ball and control the clock and tempo like we fucking SHOULD...this roster could win a natty. I'm serious.

If we play dink and dunk, pass on 1st and 3rd to go 3rd and out (Smith type BS)...we could lose 4 to teams we have no business not beating by 10+++
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,940 Founders Club
    Let's just fire him now if we're all in agreement. Why even play the games?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2018
    It's entertaining to see you guys act like you have the luxury of firing Pete when you're not one of the top football programs in America. Washington doesn't just sell itself like Oregon does. It won't just snap back. Might take 30 or 40 years. Get rid of Pete and you're going enter a period of extended coogery.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    PurpleJ said:

Let's just fire him now if we're all in agreement. Why even play the games?

Talked to Pat Hill yesterday. He wants the job. I told him we would let him know soon.