Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Wu Tang Clan (4) vs Eazy E (13)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
When I first got into rap in middle school I was Westsiiiiiiiiiide til I die. Honestly I don't think I knew anybody who listened to anybody from the East Coast and Seattle radio stations sure weren't playing East Coast rap.

Then I got to HS and one of my new homies was a Wu Tang true believer. I was skeptical at first, yung DNC was nothing if not loyal to his hometown (#doog4lyf), but the more this dude made me listen to Wu the more I had to admit there was something to this East Coast shit. Not only was Enter the Wu Tang one of the GOAT albums of all time, but then all these dudes were putting out solo shit too. RZA, GZA, Raekwon, U-God, Method Man, Ghostface Killah and ODB (RIP) had opened up a whole new world to me.

Also, epic performances on some of Chappelle Show's greatest bits. Shoutout to Wu Tang Financial and the Racial Draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IUR4gkPIE

Eazy E is the founder and brain behind NWA which puts him alongside Ice T as the founders of West Coast rap that anyone gives a shit about. Like his biggest fan @NeGgaPlEaSe he's been dead a long time though. FBA is a bitch.

For my money Eazy was more brain than he was mouth. I never connected with his lyrical style like I did his understudies Ice Cube and Dr Dre, and he certainly didn't havethe solo career those guys did. What he did have was a solo career full of dis tracks aimed at those two and their Death Row contemporaries. Eazy is probably the only West Coast 90's rapper that spent all his time ranking on fellow West Coast rappers rather than turning his attention to the Atlantic. But let's be real, it's hard to fear someone with a jheri curl.

Besides founding NWA Eazy also discovered Bone (you can't make this shit up!), so his legacy is significant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuapp9SORA

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Wu Tang Clan (4) vs Eazy E (13) 29 votes

4. Wu Tang Clan
72%
whlinderThomasFremontRoadDawg55DeepSeaZgreenbloodYouKnowItGladstonedncbiak1PurpleThrobberBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinhuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowPitchfork51Doog_de_JourYellowSnowjhfstyle24DeepDawgRDR 21 votes
13. Eazy E
27%
SwayeMad_SonPurpleJ2001400exoregonblitzkriegNEsnake12El_KJoeEDangerously 8 votes

Comments