Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I know we like to give the Ducks a hard time around here, but #19 is really impressive

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sweet! Why do all four of the top teams underachieve like clockwork?

Asking for a fren.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

I'll help your fren. Michigan (#3, #13) , LSU (#12, #14) , and UW (#8, #5) all finished in the top 15 in total defense and scoring defense last year. I'll give you USC, so 1/4. Michigan and LSU were top 10 in passing efficiency defense, while UW was #29.

Interested to see what you say about Oregon achieving their preseason ranking after this year if those teams are underachieving.

You are either a world class whoosher or like throwing shit at a wall to see if anything will stick (hint - 90% of the time it doesn't).
    dawgs206 said:

Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

I'll help your fren. Michigan (#3, #13) , LSU (#12, #14) , and UW (#8, #5) all finished in the top 15 in total defense and scoring defense last year. I'll give you USC, so 1/4. Michigan and LSU were top 10 in passing efficiency defense, while UW was #29.

Interested to see what you say about Oregon achieving their preseason ranking after this year if those teams are underachieving.

You are either a world class whoosher or like throwing shit at a wall to see if anything will stick (hint - 90% of the time it doesn't).
    My comment meant your secondary being amazing doesn't equal team success at all, like not ever a little. Michigan sucked, LSU sucked, UW was UW, and SC couldn't make the playoffs with an all-world QB.

Oregon has a sophomore, a sophomore, a sophomore, and a senior that played a different position three years prior starting in their secondary this year. I agree they are very talented but don't have a ton of experience so 19 would be a fair ranking for the position group. They won't make the team good or bad.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flagged for preseason rankings bullshit
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Mosster47 said:

dawgs206 said:

Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

My comment meant your secondary being amazing doesn't equal team success at all, like not ever a little. Michigan sucked, LSU sucked, UW was UW, and SC couldn't make the playoffs with an all-world QB.

Oregon has a sophomore, a sophomore, a sophomore, and a senior that played a different position three years prior starting in their secondary this year. I agree they are very talented but don't have a ton of experience so 19 would be a fair ranking for the position group. They won't make the team good or bad.
    Uhh.... What? They sure made the team bad two years ago.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Mosster47 said:

dawgs206 said:

Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

Nope, not at all. Brady Hoke defending seven gaps with five guys made the team bad.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Every year, without fail, the so called analysts and experts overrate Utah. I’ll never get it.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

dawgs206 said:

Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

Nope, not at all. Brady Hoke defending seven gaps with five guys made the team bad.
    They’ll get it fixed this year!
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

dawgs206 said:

Mosster47 said:

Asking for a fren.

Run the two-hole.
    Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

Every year, without fail, the so called analysts and experts overrate Utah. I’ll never get it.

It's because Utah is the best coached team minus UW and Stanford.

We're lucky he shits the bed against us every year, but Utah is the safest bet to go 8-5/9-4 every year.
    No they aren't. They got ass raped by Braxton Burmeister last year. The original Doog legend couldn't even stoop that low on his farewell tour.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

We're lucky he shits the bed against us every year, but Utah is the safest bet to go 8-5/9-4 every year.
    No they aren't. They got ass raped by Braxton Burmeister last year. The original Doog legend couldn't even stoop that low on his farewell tour.
    One game data samples always lead to great conclusions
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Herbert seems like your Locker, the intoxicating Quixotic windmill that will never save you.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

How much does he bench though?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Herbert seems like your Locker, the intoxicating Quixotic windmill that will never save you.

Shut the fuck up you stupid motherfucker.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Mosster47 said:

Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

Not even one of your worst efforts, but still. lol