Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CBS Sports ranked every college football coach in the Power Five conferences from 1-65

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ranking-the-top-25-power-five-college-football-coaches-entering-the-2018-season/

"Who is the best coach in the Power Five conferences? Well, unless you've been living under a rock for the last 20 years, odds are you know who checked in at No. 1. But what about the rest?"

Comments

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Jimbo Fischer at #4???
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club
    Shaw should still be ahead of Petermen but suck it @AuburnFan and your second division head coach. Second best in his own state
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Helton probably a 26, right?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Jimbo won a ship. People can (justly or unjustly) debate the merits of that particular accomplishment for him, but he won a ship.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

Jimbo won a ship. People can (justly or unjustly) debate the merits of that particular accomplishment for him, but he won a ship.

He also chose TAMU over FSU which makes his judgement suspect, but I agree he’s above Pete.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,973 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok but what would it look like if a real sports service ranked all the coaches 1-65?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

He also chose TAMU over FSU which makes his judgement suspect, but I agree he’s above Pete.
    He took a fuckton of money. Not sure how suspect his judgement is...
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

You are one of my favorite posters on here, but that is just ridiculous.

Fisher has a better resume than Petersen, but that is not the same thing as being a better coach.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Fisher has a better resume than Petersen, but that is not the same thing as being a better coach.

That's fair. I don't think he's actually a better coach than Pete. I do think for these types of rankings I'm weighing resume more heavily. If the question is simply "who would you rather have as your coach" I'd weight things differently.

Accomplishments - Jimbo
    Who I'd hire first - Pete
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,973 Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

That's fair. I don't think he's actually a better coach than Pete. I do think for these types of rankings I'm weighing resume more heavily. If the question is simply "who would you rather have as your coach" I'd weight things differently.

Accomplishments - Jimbo
    Who I'd hire first - Pete
    Fisher is a slightly more astute version of Mack Brown.
    This is an apt comparison- i.e., coaches that have won a natty, but never really dominated the way a truly elite coach would have given the MONEY, TRADITION and LOCATION of their respective schools. Dabo's natty is a heck of a lot more impressive than JimBob's.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

You are one of my favorite *classy posters on here and I always read your posts first, but that is just ridiculous.

Callback to an oldie but goodie
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

Yep. Returned to the playoff the next year. I don’t think he’s ever had an actually bad season besides last year.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    JIMBO FISHER?!?!

Lol.

The modern day Mack Brown.

He rode a great QB to a Natty after taking over a team that needed an attitude adjustment. Slightly above Gene Chizik, but in the same class.

They were a losing BCS team last year in his 8th year - and every year he’s been there they’ve been in the top 10 in recruiting. They averaged 5th!!!

LOFL.

He sucks so bad.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    GENE CHIZIK WON A NATTY YOU MORONS.

If you have a cheat code QB and a roster full of talent you can sometimes make it happen.

FSU WENT 5-6 against BCS comp last year.

They averaged the 5th best recruiting class in the prior 5 years!

Holy Fuck you guys are dumb.