Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noah Nelson, 2020, 3* OT, Gilbert (Williams Field) AZ (OFFERED 5/8/2018)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I know WDWHA but I'm starting to fucking hate Oklahoma. Fucking WSU knockoff think they can come out West and take whoever they want. I would very much like UW to play them soon.

WSU knockoff, the fuck are you talking about? Oklahoma is on the Mount Rushmore of CFB programs. They're nothing like WSU. And Norman is nothing like Pullman.
    Yeah, it's worse than Pullman.
    I hate Oklahoma with a passion but no.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I know WDWHA but I'm starting to fucking hate Oklahoma. Fucking WSU knockoff think they can come out West and take whoever they want. I would very much like UW to play them soon.

WSU knockoff, the fuck are you talking about? Oklahoma is on the Mount Rushmore of CFB programs. They're nothing like WSU. And Norman is nothing like Pullman.
    Yeah, it's worse than Pullman.
    I hate Oklahoma with a passion but no.
    I like the Palouse. Good turf. Moscow>Pullman, but I don't think Pullman is bad at all.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Yeah, it's worse than Pullman Reno.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AlCzervik said:

Yeah, it's worse than Pullman Reno.
    Everything's worse than Reno!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm starting to question if you even follow college football. Also Oklahoma would cave our assholes in right now.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019

Lol Mount Rushmore of college football? Fuck outta here. They are not a top-4 program of all time. And yes, they run a knockoff Mike Leach air raid offense so they are a Texas Tech/WSU knockoff with better talent but I would still like UW if they were to play them this season or any season in the near future.
  • Options

Lol Mount Rushmore of college football? Fuck outta here. They are not a top-4 program of all time. And yes, they run a knockoff Mike Leach air raid offense so they are a Texas Tech/WSU knockoff with better talent but I would still like UW if they were to play them this season or any season in the near future.
    They're 100% in the top 5. I suppose we can argue which 3 of the other 4 belongs alongside Bama. But they're right there with anybody. Longest win streak in history. Historical excellence and recent relevance. Championships, draft picks, Heismans.

I fucking hate OU but they're in the handful of best programs ever rather easily. And they're better than UW right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Only three national championships under Barry Switzer in the 70's and 80's and one under Stoops in 2000. The rest has been mediocre relative to their talent level and weak conference. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State are ahead of Oklahoma in all-time success and greatness. There's more to it than just championships. There's also all-time win/loss records, bowls games, dominance during their peak eras, length of their peak eras, and number of prominent NFL players over the years which itself gives a program more prestige.
  • Options

Only three national championships under Barry Switzer in the 70's and 80's and one under Stoops in 2000. The rest has been mediocre relative to their talent level and weak conference. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State are ahead of Oklahoma in all-time success and greatness. There's more to it than just championships. There's also all-time records, bowls games, dominance during their peak eras, length of their peak eras, and number of prominent NFL players over the years which itself gives a program more prestige.
    Texas?

You're not even fucking trying.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Only three national championships under Barry Switzer in the 70's and 80's and one under Stoops in 2000. The rest has been mediocre relative to their talent level and weak conference. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State are ahead of Oklahoma in all-time success and greatness. There's more to it than just championships. There's also all-time records, bowls games, dominance during their peak eras, length of their peak eras, and number of prominent NFL players over the years which itself gives a program more prestige.
    Texas?

Yes, before they let black people play, Texas was the baddest program in the country for a long time. If we're talking all-time and not just recently, Texas still trumps Oklahoma. Nobody is putting Oklahoma on the Mount Rushmore of college football over Texas.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Texas?

Yes, before they let black people play, Texas was the baddest program in the country for a long time. If we're talking all-time and not just recently, Texas still trumps Oklahoma.
    Ballz, you read the bar graph... of all time for most of us doesn’t pre-date 1936 unless you’re race.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Texas?

Yes, before they let black people play, Texas was the baddest program in the country for a long time. If we're talking all-time and not just recently, Texas still trumps Oklahoma.
    Ballz, you read the bar graph... of all time for most of us doesn’t pre-date 1936 unless you’re race.
    I don't care about just fucking national championships. 90-95% of the all-time history of these top programs are seasons in which they didn't win national championships. So who had more success longer? Who has the highest overall win percentage? Who was dominant for longer? Who put more prominent players in the NFL? The Mount Rushmore of college football is Bama, USC, Texas, and Ohio State and I'd put Miami at #5 due to their dominance during peak eras and ridiculous amount of top NFL players they produced. Miami was also just way more swaggy than everybody else and changed college football culture so those great Miami teams will always be remembered as more legendary than any others in college football. Fuck Oklahoma.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Texas?

I don't care about just fucking national championships. 90-95% of the all-time history of these top programs are seasons in which they didn't win national championships. So who had more success longer? Who has the highest overall win percentage? Who was dominant for longer? Who put more prominent players in the NFL? The Mount Rushmore of college football is Bama, USC, Texas, and Ohio State and I'd put Miami at #5.
    Welcome back ballz. You had a solid few week run.

https://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/rapid-cycling-bipolar-disorder
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    And fuck you for making me stan for the team I hate more than any team in any sport that doesn't wear grellow or pinstripes.
  • Options

Texas?

Yes, before they let black people play, Texas was the baddest program in the country for a long time. If we're talking all-time and not just recently, Texas still trumps Oklahoma. Nobody is putting Oklahoma on the Mount Rushmore of college football over Texas.
    Bullshit. OU beats Texas at 10 out of 12 categories on winsipedia.

Better all time record.
    Almost double the natties.
    18 more conference titles.
    Better bowl record.
    21 more all americans.
    5 more Heisman winners.
    More draft picks.
    More first round picks.
    110 more weeks ranked.
    Over double the weeks at #1.

Texas wins 2 categories - they've been to 3 more bowl games and have 12 more total wins. You can be generous and add head to head record and Texas gets 3 out of 13.

That's it. OU is just far more historically significant. It's. Not. Even. Close.

FOH.

Texas is Texas baby. Oklahoma will always be their little brother. Texas has won more games than Oklahoma? That settles it then. Hook 'em.