Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburn Vs Washington

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

AuburnFan said:

Not sure where to start ... In no particular order:

1. Food Scene - I guess chefs have logically thought "Hey Alabama is one of the most obese states in the country, let's go there". Several chefs from places like NYC have opened up some incredible restaurants in downtown Birmingham, it's becoming a food central. Just a couple of days ago, Highlands Bar and Grill was rated the #1 restaurant in the country by the James Beard Foundation. We love our BBQ down here and we have one of the best ... Saw's BBQ rated #1 in "Best 10 BBQ restaurants in the USA" from Paula Dean's Cooking with Paula" also rated #1 by a magazine Guns and Gardens. I could write a blog on food in Alabama. IF you stayed a week here, you'd leave at least 10 lbs heavier.

2. Beaches. The Gulf Coast has some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, maybe the world. In Orange Beach and Gulf Shores AL, the beaches are covered with white sand and such clear water it looks like the Caribbean.

3. Women. Good Lord the Women down here are incredible. Just Beautiful.

4. People in general. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet ...

Weather - Since we're talking about things to do ... here's a couple of things that make AL great:
    5. Hunting (Great for Whitetail Deer)
    6. Fishing (Lakes O' Plenty)
    7. Lake Life ... There are 2 or 3 lakes that are beautiful that we can enjoy for 9 months out of the year due to the weather (same could be said here for the beaches).

8. Tours of History - Civil Rights Museum (Rosa Parks, Civil War History (First White House of the Confederacy), USS Alabama etc.

9. Space and Rocket Center

10. Cousin' Grinding

& Tons and tons of stuff everyone else has like awesome State parks, great Zoos, Cool Caves (Including Neversink Pit which is more than 15 stories deep for the cave diving enthusiast)

I'd put golfing (Just got a "TopGolf" range overlooking the city) at #11 right behind grinding on a HAWT Cousin'

My FAV right now is Netflix & Chill with Cousin' Mitsy

I'm looking for a German Shepherd to protect my home when I'm away. I'm hearing Bama has some of the best breaders in the country. True?
    I’m actually in the market for an English Lab ... but one of my good friends got a crazy deal on a GS. This particular breeder normally charges $3000, but let my friend have him for $500.
    If there charging $3000, it better fly.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I’ve been to Muscle Shoals ... was looking forward to it ... then I got to the town and blah
    Yeah the Shoals sucks. Bham and the places around (Homewood, Mnt Brook, Vestavia & Hoover is where it’s at ... probably in that order)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @backthepack Just don’t look at our women & we’re all good
  • Options
    haie said:

Alabama is for the poors and unejucated

Damn! Looked for an error and ... nothing!
    Maybe next time!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AuburnFan said:

Tequilla said:

I’ve been to Muscle Shoals ... was looking forward to it ... then I got to the town and blah
    Yeah the Shoals sucks. Bham and the places around (Homewood, Mnt Brook, Vestavia & Hoover is where it’s at ... probably in that order)
    I actually liked the two golf courses on the RJT trail there and could see where the lake is beautiful. But no question there have to be better areas outside of the Shoals proper.