Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SECCountry: Season-opener preview: Beating Washington would be great start, but won’t be easy

Comments

• Options
    AuburnFanAuburnFan Member Posts: 173
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

You keep unironically citing their HS stars in your scouting reports. Are they fucking good or not

Yes they’re good. Our OL coach who is not big on giving praise thinks Tega will be an ALL SEC OT/NFL OT before he leaves.
    Grad transfer? I think he’ll provide depth, not start.
    Ashley, he’ll start when Tega leaves.
    Tega & Ashley are good ... grad transfer meh
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

You keep unironically citing their HS stars in your scouting reports. Are they fucking good or not

Yes they’re good. Our OL coach who is not big on giving praise thinks Tega will be an ALL SEC OT/NFL OT before he leaves.
    When you cite stars and not actual preformance on the field, then they suck.

I look forward to Jaylen, Levi, Greg, and Josiah eating your interior OL. While Bowman and Benning get buttfucked on the edge.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

I look forward to Jaylen, Levi, Greg, and Josiah eating your interior OL. While Bowman and Benning get buttfucked on the edge.
    benning at least sets the edge...., i know sark>ty. I will excuse myself now
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So...? Browning threw for 93 TDs his senior year, and has 4 years of HS ball under his belt.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    AuburnFan said:

Interesting read. I didn't know you guys had an elite LT. That will be an exciting matchup as AU has one of the best DL in the country.

Super.

Can he read?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Gladstone said:

Our? D line is going to destroy Auburn

We? will lose on Browning turnovers in our own endzone

Its too early in the season for Browning to be in choke mode.

That has nothing to do with Browning other that it is very impressive he didnt die
    Other than he was coming from the side from which Brownlee could easily see him and chose to not move an inch, I agree.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

That has nothing to do with Browning other that it is very impressive he didnt die
    Other than he was coming from the side from which Brownlee could easily see him and chose to not move an inch, I agree.

Yeah there is no reason left tackles get paid a fuckload more than right tackles youre right as always creep
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Yeah there is no reason left tackles get paid a fuckload more than right tackles youre right as always creep
    creepy is my all-time favorite quook/cane poaster.
  • Options

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

Ehh, the interior is not what Im worried about on AUs OL. We’re good Guard to Guard.
    I worry about Browning having a good day vs a couple of new faces in AUs secondary.

Is Browning a DT QB? I feel confident in saying our DL will get pressure on him. How does he do on the run?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

Ehh, the interior is not what Im worried about on AUs OL. We’re good Guard to Guard.
    I worry about Browning having a good day vs a couple of new faces in AUs secondary.

Is Browning a DT QB? I feel confident in saying our DL will get pressure on him. How does he do on the run?
    When Brownsocks starts running he's the posterchild for Depends protective undergarments. Does that answer your question?

We're hoping he's improved ... but we'll believe it when we see it.
  • Options
    AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

Browning was a 4-star and has 4 years of HS ball under his belt. He threw for 93 TDs his last year, many on the run.

He's ready to rumble.

• Options
    MisterEm said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

Browning was a 4-star and has 4 years of HS ball under his belt. He threw for 93 TDs his last year, many on the run.

He's ready to rumble.

Do y’all do any zone read or designed QB runs?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    AuburnFan said:

MisterEm said:

AuburnFan said:

AuburnFan said:

Gladstone said:

He's ready to rumble.

Do y’all do any zone read or designed QB runs?
    Only with Gaskin in the Wild Doog (shout out to the TSIO gang)

• Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Yeah, nothing to do with him!!! Why avoid a pass rusher coming from your non-blind side?!?! Just hold the ball waiting for someone to get open, then get blasted and fumble.

Was there a break-down? Yes. Sure, that is probably not Browning's fault... however, part of a QB's job is to know where the D is going to be (this is supposed to be what Jake is good at) and exploit its weaknesses.

The bar here is so fucking low. Only Doogs ever defend Browning.

The correct response to that gif is - 'if only he had been knocked out for the season, we'd have been in the playoffs!'

We wouldn't have made the playoffs with carta or gadd. That is the ultimate doog response
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Gladstone said:

Yeah, nothing to do with him!!! Why avoid a pass rusher coming from your non-blind side?!?! Just hold the ball waiting for someone to get open, then get blasted and fumble.

Was there a break-down? Yes. Sure, that is probably not Browning's fault... however, part of a QB's job is to know where the D is going to be (this is supposed to be what Jake is good at) and exploit its weaknesses.

The correct response to that gif is - 'if only he had been knocked out for the season, we'd have been in the playoffs!'

We wouldn't have made the playoffs with carta or gadd. That is the ultimate doog response
    I love that you Doog for Jakey B! Keep going. He is secretly great. You're right!!! Jake won us the _______ games (which we wouldn't win without his amazing steady hand at QB!) and didn't shrivel-dick his way to us having no shot against ASU, Stanford and PSU. Great points as always!!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

I love that you Doog for Jakey B! Keep going. He is secretly great. You're right!!! Jake won us the _______ games (which we wouldn't win without his amazing steady hand at QB!) and didn't shrivel-dick his way to us having no shot against ASU, Stanford and PSU. Great points as always!!

Except I dont doog for him at all.

Pressing.