Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mad Son's Ramblings... UCLA WEEK

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageMad Son's Ramblings... UCLA WEEK

It's UCLA week, and Mad Son is back with his Ramblings. To his credit, he manages to only mention Myles Jack once in this article.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    great read as always
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I still can't believe they brought cake.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Mad Son, I would like to see your fairy tale come true. Objectively, Mora may not be the best qualified coaching candidate to replace Sark, but I believe Mora would excel as HC at WA, and only at WA, and quite possibly accomplish more at WA than a better qualified coach. I also think he would be a lifer, which is doubtful about many other candidates.

We may never get the opportunity to discover if these suppositions are accurate, which would be unfortunate.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Let me take wild guess. If Mora were the next Huskie coach he'd be just like Don James. When are you guys going to give up on the idea of Don James coming back by proxy.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,164

Let me take wild guess. If Mora were the next Huskie coach he'd be just like Don James. When are you guys going to give up on the idea of Don James coming back by proxy.

"He is clearly better than Sark although I am becoming skeptical he is THE best possible hire we could make. "

Clearly you didn't read or didn't comprehend the article.
    edited November 2013
    Mad_Son said:

"He is clearly better than Sark although I am becoming skeptical he is THE best possible hire we could make. "

There is only so much of this hire-Mora nonsense that I can read at once. True I didn't read the whole thing. What you guys need to do is just stop talking about him. He's not going to uproot himself from UCLA at this stage for starters. Most guys have to get beyond the ugh-me-cave-man attitude that associates an alum/player with the best candidate. The examples from recent history show that being an alum primarily serves to put a partially qualified candidate in the job. People that want the next Don James stupidly think that by hiring somebody who was associated with him at some point that will somehow bring back the era. What they always miss is that DJ himself was an obscure coach from nowhere not associated with any glory days at Washington. Try to remember this, because I'm not going to repeat it again (to the satisfaction I am sure of most of you who have heard it before and don't want to belive it).
    edited November 2013

Mad_Son said:

There is only so much of this hire-Mora nonsense that I can read at once. True I didn't read the whole thing. What you guys need to do is just stop talking about him. He's not going to uproot himself from UCLA at this stage for starters. Most guys have to get beyond the ugh-me-cave-man attitude that associates an alum/player with the best candidate. The examples from recent history show that being an alum primarily serves to put a partially qualified candidate in the job. People that want the next Don James stupidly think that by hiring somebody who was associated with him at some point that will somehow bring back the era. What they always miss is that DJ himself was an obscure coach from nowhere not associated with any glory days at Washington. Try to remember this, because I'm not going to repeat it again (to the satisfaction I am sure of most of you who have heard it before and don't want to belive it).

I literally stated that the Fresno State coach is probably the best candidate. You really need to stick to other topics. I look forward to not hearing you repeat this again.
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Hiring a coach just because he's an alum is stupid.

Not considering an excellent candidate just because he's an alum is also stupid.

Belive it.
    "This will mark the 52nd year since the coming of our Coach and savior Jim L. Mora." Look, I read carefully up to here and then skimmed after that. I mean, this sounds like you are keen to get Mora, "Jim L. Mora" even, no?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Not considering an excellent candidate just because he's an alum is also stupid.

Belive it.
    "This will mark the 52nd year since the coming of our Coach and savior Jim L. Mora." Look, I read carefully up to here and then skimmed after that. I mean, this sounds like you are keen to get Mora, "Jim L. Mora" even, no?
    I've been arguing for the better part of a decade that he'd make an excellent college coach. Nothing that's happened the past year and a half at UCLA has made me question that.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Belive it.
    I've been arguing for the better part of a decade that he'd make an excellent college coach. Nothing that's happened the past year and a half at UCLA has made me question that.
    mistake, I was intending to quote Mad Son

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Belive it.
    Sometimes the first line of a joke doesn't include the punchline. I encourage you to more thoroughly read articles you intend to comment on in the future. That is general advice for life and not just this forum.
  • I thought it was one of Mad_Sons better effort. It was a well written piece about how badly UW fucked up with Mora.

Any other spin than UW fucked up with Mora is complete horseshit.
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Belive it.
    Sometimes the first line of a joke doesn't include the punchline. I encourage you to more thoroughly read articles you intend to comment on in the future. That is general advice for life and not just this forum.
    Thank you for your advice. In the future I give you some general advice for life and not just this forum. Don't write articles like:

"I assert A and B............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................."

NOT.

Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

Belive it.
    Thank you for your advice. In the future I give you some general advice for life and not just this forum. Don't write articles like:

"I assert A and B............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................."

NOT.
    The article seems to have been generally well-received so if you are implying my article followed that form (which it doesn't really seem to have - the Mora section was more or less thesis-less until the end) then I am not sure your advice is sound.