Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Bush Hamdan effect

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
When he was named WRs coach in 2016, the production at that position group was significantly and immediately elevated. Ross could suddenly run routes and play intelligently. Pettis took a huge leap. Fuller looked like a future star in the slot. They all became very good blockers etc.

Might we see another bump in 2018? Not only in WR play but QB (ha ha)? Can he at least scheme and playcall to our strengths (RBs, OL, TEs) instead of the grabbag sack of shit Smith gave us? Can he neuter Browning's audible ability?

I think the Smith-->Bush transition will be more obvious than the Kawasaki-->Noballs one.

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I secretly came when I heard he was coming back. This is going to be a good 2-4 years
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

with sark gone, i dont see much hope for the O

Sark will end up in Tempe before the next presidential election. OC, Sumlin recruiting neutralizer, coach in waiting.

Sark v. Sark
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601

Peterman owes his success to sarks recruiting
    true
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Peterman owes his success to sarks recruiting
    Jake Browning wouldn't have happened without Sark. Think about it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I have a shitty feeling the offense is going to be called the same. Will make for fun time on the boreds though.

At least we will make more terrorist jokes
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I have a shitty feeling the offense is going to be called the same. Will make for fun time on the boreds though.

Criticism in that case goes to Pete not bush.
    what? they both should be blamed if they have same abomination of an offense they did last year
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I rarely criticize Bush
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

what? they both should be blamed if they have same abomination of an offense they did last year
    my point being that will confirm beyond all modicum of doubt that pete has a tight grip on the scheme/playcalling and any OC in place is merely running his system and doesn't have much in the way of originality/variance
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

my point being that will confirm beyond all modicum of doubt that pete has a tight grip on the scheme/playcalling and any OC in place is merely running his system and doesn't have much in the way of originality/variance
    He certainly does. Pete was quoted on day one of Spring Ball saying they like their offense and talking about how cool it was that Bush was familiar with it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

He certainly does. Pete was quoted on day one of Spring Ball saying they like their offense and talking about how cool it was that Bush was familiar with it.
    I mean more for situational playcalling. But yeah you're right. Fuck.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Petersen tried handing the full reigns of the offense over to an OC at Boise State. Robert Prince was the OC for two seasons and he pretty much junked the "classic" BSU offense and went to a very simplified up-tempo pistol system. They were easily the two worst offenses of Petersen's tenure there.

So he probably learned a lesson from that. Unfortunately maybe the wrong lesson.

While I would love to see UW run a different offense that is easier to learn and can be played at tempo, it isn't happening now. And probably never will.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,075
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Maybe he’s playing mind games with the rest of the conference???!?!!!?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Petersen tried handing the full reigns of the offense over to an OC at Boise State. Robert Prince was the OC for two seasons and he pretty much junked the "classic" BSU offense and went to a very simplified up-tempo pistol system. They were easily the two worst offenses of Petersen's tenure there.

So he probably learned a lesson from that. Unfortunately maybe the wrong lesson.

While I would love to see UW run a different offense that is easier to learn and can be played at tempo, it isn't happening now. And probably never will.

Or it could be argued that if he was willing to do it once he could do it again- just with the right OC.

Obviously not Smith.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment