Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

pm to PLSS and Steel 2 electric boogaloo

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Panama is a great song

Jump needs to jump in a fire

Panama is a fucking insanely good song. And they are all pretty good except for the boring ones.

Priest is the real shit and Iron Maiden is for prog rock fags.

Not that there's anything wrong with prog rock fags. Styx is a band of prog rock fags. But still, it's true.

I once had a semi-famous musician tell me: rock has two traditions, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Don't be fucking Led Zeppelin.
    I understand the LZ hate these days but you had to be there. There was no AC DC back in the day

I bought a fancy new stereo with my paper route money to listen to Whole Lotta Love and the bridge bouncing between the speakers

Kids today
    I don't (understand the hate). I love 1974- 81 AC DC as much as a guy who didn't growing up in Pierce, Snohomish, or Thurston County can. But still, they can't hold LZ's jock strap in terms of overall talent and importance. AC DC was a one trick pony and perhaps the best one trick pony there ever was. LZ was a magical purple unicorn of greatness.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Panama is a great song

Panama is a fucking insanely good song. And they are all pretty good except for the boring ones.

Not that there's anything wrong with prog rock fags. Styx is a band of prog rock fags. But still, it's true.

I once had a semi-famous musician tell me: rock has two traditions, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Don't be fucking Led Zeppelin.
    I understand the LZ hate these days but you had to be there. There was no AC DC back in the day

I bought a fancy new stereo with my paper route money to listen to Whole Lotta Love and the bridge bouncing between the speakers

Kids today
    I don't (understand the hate). I love 1974- 81 AC DC as much as a guy who didn't growing up in Pierce, Snohomish, or Thurston County can. But still, they can't hold LZ's jock strap in terms of overall talent and importance. AC DC was a one trick pony and perhaps the best one trick pony there ever was. LZ was a magical purple unicorn of greatness.
    You shut your whore mouth about the bad boys from down under.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I rank Jimmy Page as a top three guitarist ever

But I enjoy the raw genius of Young and AC DC. He's top 5

I love them both too
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Could you have picked an image of Halford and the boys from a relevant time frame? 'Defenders of the faith ' was last good album and was released in ' 82ish and has one of best songs ever written by JP. Turbo was HORRIBLE, unfortunately I saw them live on that tour as i was young (8th grade). 95% of you here have pussy parents who wouldnt have let you go anyway, or even buy the album.

Parents were cool then. Your parents BARELY let you go see Hannah Montana. Fitting you dipshits would muck up JP....btw, arguably the best husky defense ever was that year too...and Van Halen BITTERLY DISSAPOINTED me on new years eve with Eddy playing a keyboard on ' 1984.' Biggest album disappointment in rock music history was that release. Turbo was my 2nd biggest. Van Halen rocked like no other band in their 70's prime, early 80's. Van Halen's best album might have been diver-down..like Priest, the predecessor to their worst

The Defenders tour came to Tacoma in May of 84. That was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. They closed the show with You've Got Another Thing Coming and the crowd went nuts. I was glad I saw that show because you're right - Turbo was such a piece of shit that it was all downhill from there.

Also agree on VH's 1984. What a fucking disappointment that pile of crap was. Their albums leading up to that abomination were great, but someone should have taken that keyboard and hit Eddie upside his fucking head with it.

Screw you guys!! 1984 is a fucking fantastic record. All of the Diamond Dave ones are but 1984 is prolly 2nd or 3rd best at worst. Drop Dead Legs is easily one of VH's best recordings.
    1984 is to Van Halen what the black album is to Metallica, what Turbo is to Judas Priest, and what Hysteria is to Def Leppard.

All of them could and should have done better.
    Disagree
  • Options
    Baseman said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Could you have picked an image of Halford and the boys from a relevant time frame? 'Defenders of the faith ' was last good album and was released in ' 82ish and has one of best songs ever written by JP. Turbo was HORRIBLE, unfortunately I saw them live on that tour as i was young (8th grade). 95% of you here have pussy parents who wouldnt have let you go anyway, or even buy the album.

Parents were cool then. Your parents BARELY let you go see Hannah Montana. Fitting you dipshits would muck up JP....btw, arguably the best husky defense ever was that year too...and Van Halen BITTERLY DISSAPOINTED me on new years eve with Eddy playing a keyboard on ' 1984.' Biggest album disappointment in rock music history was that release. Turbo was my 2nd biggest. Van Halen rocked like no other band in their 70's prime, early 80's. Van Halen's best album might have been diver-down..like Priest, the predecessor to their worst

The Defenders tour came to Tacoma in May of 84. That was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. They closed the show with You've Got Another Thing Coming and the crowd went nuts. I was glad I saw that show because you're right - Turbo was such a piece of shit that it was all downhill from there.

Also agree on VH's 1984. What a fucking disappointment that pile of crap was. Their albums leading up to that abomination were great, but someone should have taken that keyboard and hit Eddie upside his fucking head with it.

Screw you guys!! 1984 is a fucking fantastic record. All of the Diamond Dave ones are but 1984 is prolly 2nd or 3rd best at worst. Drop Dead Legs is easily one of VH's best recordings.
    1984 is to Van Halen what the black album is to Metallica, what Turbo is to Judas Priest, and what Hysteria is to Def Leppard.

Disagree
    I was pretty sure my opinion wouldn't be unanimous.

Music is like that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    As a kid I was too busy listening to KISS to get into either of those bands. Nothing special, I'd say.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Baseman said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Disagree
    I was pretty sure my opinion wouldn't be unanimous.

Music is like that.
    I've tried to come up with ways to argue music by objective means. It's an exercise in futility.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Panama is a great song

Fuck off, Maiden is awesome. I like my Brit-met with Egyptian mythology schlock over gay biker leathersex schlock.

On further review, I can see why you take JP over Maiden.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a kid I was too busy listening to KISS to get into either of those bands. Nothing special, I'd say.

My high school girlfriend had a younger sister (IKW) who was really into KISS. This was mid 70's when they broke and grade school girls went for them big time

My girlfriend and I would park and make out with Neil Young in the cassette deck. We were concerned for the mental health of her sister

Sure we liked hard rock but not some fags doing schlock rock. Concerts were for a area rug to be rolled out and the band to set up and play. Lights and smoke and all that would soon be the norm
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My high school girlfriend had a younger sister (IKW) who was really into KISS. This was mid 70's when they broke and grade school girls went for them big time

My girlfriend and I would park and make out with Neil Young in the cassette deck. We were concerned for the mental health of her sister

Sure we liked hard rock but not some fags doing schlock rock. Concerts were for a area rug to be rolled out and the band to set up and play. Lights and smoke and all that would soon be the norm
    Seriously. Look at the Stones at MSG in 1969. Just a big area rug some guitars, amps and drum kit and fucking rock n' roll. By their 1975 US Tour they had started embracing all the schlock.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

When I was 9 years old I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween. Enough said on that.
  • Options

Panama is a great song

Fuck off, Maiden is awesome. I like my Brit-met with Egyptian mythology schlock over gay biker leathersex schlock.

On further review, I can see why you take JP over Maiden.
    I thought the movie "Flight 666" about Maiden's tour of South America was pretty fucking awesome. It looked like they hadn't lost much in the last 30 years. Plus, seeing Bruce Dickinson in a pilot's uniform always cracks me up.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

When I was 29 years old I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween. Enough said on that.
  • Options
    yobatesyobates Member Posts: 90
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    3 pages in and no one mentions Sabbath - close the fuckin gates - maybe rock radio has ruined my enjoyment of LZ and I always like when bon scott acdc comes on but even 30 years later I could still listen to dio era Sabbath front to back and just marvel at how good it still sounds
  • Options
    yobates said:

3 pages in and no one mentions Sabbath - close the fuckin gates - maybe rock radio has ruined my enjoyment of LZ and I always like when bon scott acdc comes on but even 30 years later I could still listen to dio era Sabbath front to back and just marvel at how good it still sounds

Heaven and Hell gets played at deafening volume in my truck on a regular basis. It's a fantastic album and measures up pretty well against Ozzy's work with Sabbath.