Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Carson Bruener, 4* 2020 LB, Redmond (HS), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

So wait did we drop Herbig then in order to not take an LB’s this year or did we hold off on offering to in fact keep space open for Herbig?

Your answer is in the Herbig thread. If an ILB offer followed shortly thereafter, he was a miss.
    It’s obviously a facetious question.

Damn BTP, I didn’t know you knew those kind of words! Bravo!

(And no I am not being facetious, I’m really impressed)
    Facetious was a vocabulary word for us in 8th grade English. And I went to middle school in the hood.

Fuck our ever society and it’s ever lowering standards.
    #MeToo but in the burbs it was 6th grade
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

lawsandl said:

So wait did we drop Herbig then in order to not take an LB’s this year or did we hold off on offering to in fact keep space open for Herbig?

Your answer is in the Herbig thread. If an ILB offer followed shortly thereafter, he was a miss.
    Big loss for Oregon if UW offers their top realistic ILB target. Who's Oregon gonna get?
    Acknowledge we didn’t drop Herbig or die.
    If they wanted him. They would've brought him in for an OV. We'll never know why they didn't. Kid was in love with UW.
    How do you know he didn't turn down an OV to Seattle to go to Madison instead? He visited the Badgers the same weekend as St Pete's Day Massacre.
    Because UW has another big OV visit weekend this weekend. Duh. They were in position to get his last OV before he made a decision if they wanted to. They took themselves out of the race for whatever reason. We'll never know why.
    So either he turned them down on an OV visit on the 6/7 weekend or he was planning to visit the 6/21 weekend. Either way, he ended up committing to Wisconsin and a week later we're about to offer Bruener who is probably the next ILB on our board after Herbig came off. This theory makes way more sense than your "we cooled on him cause we're not taking any ILBs this class" theory.
    I was wrong about not taking any ILB's this class. I will concede that.

Herbig said himself that he was for sure taking an OV to UW back in March and yet it was never scheduled. He didn't turn them down. If he had scheduled an OV with them for 6/7 or 6/22, we would have heard about it. UW didn't offer to visit him when it was obvious they needed to.

Nobody knows everything that goes on behind the scenes. The kid could have posted something on snapchat that was dumb and got his offer pulled from UW. We don't know. But common sense says UW was enough of a favorite to get an OV if they wanted one before he made his decision.
    This will be my last post on this topic as I have no interest going around in circles for 10 pages with you. You're right that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes but the most obvious and clear sign that we missed on him is right in front of us. Herbig committed to Wisconsin and a week later we're offering Bruener. Even a retard like Eklund can connect the dots here.
    Bruener could have been in line for an offer this Summer regardless of Herbig's commitment to Wisconsin tho. We don't know with 100% certainty the two are related.
    This lesson in coincidences brought to you by the purveyor of the idea that "100% chance Cristobal had Shipley announce to reduce impact of Rosengarten" based solely on the timing.
    One guy could be a coincidence. But three is a pattern.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

Big loss for Oregon if UW offers their top realistic ILB target. Who's Oregon gonna get?
    If they wanted him. They would've brought him in for an OV. We'll never know why they didn't. Kid was in love with UW.
    How do you know he didn't turn down an OV to Seattle to go to Madison instead? He visited the Badgers the same weekend as St Pete's Day Massacre.
    Because UW has another big OV visit weekend this weekend. Duh. They were in position to get his last OV before he made a decision if they wanted to. They took themselves out of the race for whatever reason. We'll never know why.
    So either he turned them down on an OV visit on the 6/7 weekend or he was planning to visit the 6/21 weekend. Either way, he ended up committing to Wisconsin and a week later we're about to offer Bruener who is probably the next ILB on our board after Herbig came off. This theory makes way more sense than your "we cooled on him cause we're not taking any ILBs this class" theory.

Herbig said himself that he was for sure taking an OV to UW back in March and yet it was never scheduled. He didn't turn them down. If he had scheduled an OV with them for 6/7 or 6/22, we would have heard about it. UW didn't offer to visit him when it was obvious they needed to.

Nobody knows everything that goes on behind the scenes. The kid could have posted something on snapchat that was dumb and got his offer pulled from UW. We don't know. But common sense says UW was enough of a favorite to get an OV if they wanted one before he made his decision.
    This will be my last post on this topic as I have no interest going around in circles for 10 pages with you. You're right that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes but the most obvious and clear sign that we missed on him is right in front of us. Herbig committed to Wisconsin and a week later we're offering Bruener. Even a retard like Eklund can connect the dots here.
    Bruener could have been in line for an offer this Summer regardless of Herbig's commitment to Wisconsin tho. We don't know with 100% certainty the two are related.
    This lesson in coincidences brought to you by the purveyor of the idea that "100% chance Cristobal had Shipley announce to reduce impact of Rosengarten" based solely on the timing.
    One event occurring at similar time to two unrelated events in a different program= THREE and a pattern.

Three events logically leading directly to a fourth event= coincidence we don't know whats happening behind the scenes.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

Sure but you even said “if the coaches offer another LB, then your argument is valid.” You know how stupid you sound but you’re trying to find anything to hold onto like “we don’t really know what’s going on behind the scenes”. Just fucking say Bob Gregory sucks and couldn’t even talk kids into a free all expenses paid trip to visit us.

I’m done on this because I think Bruener is a good player who should’ve had an offer all along, but JFC SAC you’re lowering the standards soooooo much when you find every excuse in the world to not land your first offers AND GO DOWN THE LIST.
    I said you would have reason to bitch and you do. I think Bruener is pretty good, but he's not as talented as any of the 2021 kids they've offered because he's likely gonna struggle keeping good weight on in college, whereas all of those 2021 guys are already in the 220's and holding that weight with ease and moving well. That's what the bitching should be about. Taking a guy who's less talented than the 2021 guys and going to be buried behind the 2019 class. It makes no sense.

Herbig said he loved Bob Gregory so I don't know what happened. I think Bob Gregory sucks at recruiting in general, but that was the one recruitment in which the kid actually really liked him. It still makes zero sense for UW to be such a strong favorite and leader for him at one point and just a few months later not get an OV, unless they backed off of him.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

lawsandl said:

Sure but you even said “if the coaches offer another LB, then your argument is valid.” You know how stupid you sound but you’re trying to find anything to hold onto like “we don’t really know what’s going on behind the scenes”. Just fucking say Bob Gregory sucks and couldn’t even talk kids into a free all expenses paid trip to visit us.

I’m done on this because I think Bruener is a good player who should’ve had an offer all along, but JFC SAC you’re lowering the standards soooooo much when you find every excuse in the world to not land your first offers AND GO DOWN THE LIST.
    I said you would have reason to bitch and you do. I think Bruener is pretty good, but he's not as talented as any of the 2021 kids they've offered because he's gonna struggle keeping good weight on in college whereas all of those guys are already in the 220's and holding that weight with ease. That's what the bitching should be about. Taking a guy who's less talented than the 2021 guys and going to be buried behind the 2019 class. It makes no sense.

Herbig said he loved Bob Gregory so I don't know what happened. I think Bob Gregory sucks at recruiting in general, but that was the one recruitment in which the kid actually really liked him.
    You seriously can't reconcile those statements? You think thats a contradiction?

99% of the time the kid likes all the people recruiting him from his finalists or will at least say so to the recruiting "press" otherwise why would they be finalists?

He still has to choose one coach/staff to commit to and we all know Gregory can't close.

Not that complicated. Gregory is a good friend and mentor to Herbig. Not a closer.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

I said you would have reason to bitch and you do. I think Bruener is pretty good, but he's not as talented as any of the 2021 kids they've offered because he's gonna struggle keeping good weight on in college whereas all of those guys are already in the 220's and holding that weight with ease. That's what the bitching should be about. Taking a guy who's less talented than the 2021 guys and going to be buried behind the 2019 class. It makes no sense.

Herbig said he loved Bob Gregory so I don't know what happened. I think Bob Gregory sucks at recruiting in general, but that was the one recruitment in which the kid actually really liked him.
    You seriously can't reconcile those statements? You think thats a contradiction?

99% of the time the kid likes all the people recruiting him from his finalists or will at least say so to the recruiting "press" otherwise why would they be finalists?

He still has to choose one coach/staff to commit to and we all know Gregory can't close.

Not that complicated. Gregory is a good friend and mentor to Herbig. Not a closer.
    He has closed bigger ILB recruits than Herbig and beaten better programs than Wisconsin for kids. I think that was mostly the program and defense recruiting itself, but your argument doesn't hold water when Gregory closed Daniel Heimuli as well as Kaho and To'oto'o before money got involved with both of their fathers selling them to SEC schools.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lol why didn’t he come on a visit? Maybe because other schools did a better job of prioritizing his visit and contact above spring ball. When you have a question as glaring as “why didn’t he come for an official” it usually leads to an answer just as if not more glaring of, “we didn’t recruit him hard enough”

Why didn’t Botelho OV when he was a silent?

Why didn’t Flowe UV when he has Oregon and ASU in his top 12?

Because uhhh the coaches just didn’t want them randomly. Yeah makes sense. They wanted Bruener this whole time and did all that work to “EXCLUSIVELY” offer those three guys before everyone else just to drop them all cuz they suck.

This will make me sound really Doogish, but what if Malloe/Gregory did go all out on Botelho/Herbig, but ND and Wisco just out-recruited them and those dudes just liked the situations at ND and Wisco better? After all, Herbig is on record saying how much he liked how Wisconsin used TJ Watt. I mean, I guess Gregory could have sold him harder so he could say "I love how they used BBK," but it's less likely.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon see Sewell as an ILB. Btw, Georgia recruitniks are saying the same thing.

Also, Oregon feels good about Jackson LaDuke.
    Sewell too fat for ILB. Georgia coaches are dumb just like yours. They only win because they get way more talent than most of the teams they play.

Who?
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

One event occurring at similar time to two unrelated events in a different program= THREE and a pattern.

Three events logically leading directly to a fourth event= coincidence we don't know whats happening behind the scenes.
    I am not sure how Faaope was to cushion the blow either. Rosengarten was still being recruited and in play.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

I'm not worried if we sign any ILBs this year... because Bob Gregory, one of the shittiest recruiters in the entire conference, is going to sign four of the best ILBs on the west coast next year. Ballz told me so.

Once again... Bob Gregory and Pete Kwiatkowski's recruiting is preventing this program from being elite.

Lol.

Browning and the offense has prevented the prgram from being elite. The defense has been good enough for 3 straight years, especially when healthy.

This is grade A TBS delusion. No one is saying they cant recruit better, but Browning, the play calling, and field goal kicking are way bigger issues
    That's why I used the word 'elite', dude. Our defense has been pretty damned good... certainly good enough to be the best in a dogshit conference. But I guess you weren't watching the Fiesta Bowel when Penn State converted third down after fucking third down and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB. Or the Rose Bowel, when Haskins did the same to us for the first three quarters. We can continue to be the best in our horse shit conference with little to no pass rush... but with a strong outside rush, plus what Lake gives us in the back, combined with how Malloe's been recruiting the DL lately... it allow us to actually beat blue blood teams.

And yeah, or course Browning and Pete's shitty mensa offense are a huge issue too. But they can all be issues, can they not? And since this is the recruiting board, and it's a discussion about LB recruiting, it seemed like the most appropriate place to bring it up. If you want to start a thread about how shitty Browning was and how fucked our field goal kicking was... then by all means, have at it. I won't disagree.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

I'm not worried if we sign any ILBs this year... because Bob Gregory, one of the shittiest recruiters in the entire conference, is going to sign four of the best ILBs on the west coast next year. Ballz told me so.

Once again... Bob Gregory and Pete Kwiatkowski's recruiting is preventing this program from being elite.

Lol.

Browning and the offense has prevented the prgram from being elite. The defense has been good enough for 3 straight years, especially when healthy.

This is grade A TBS delusion. No one is saying they cant recruit better, but Browning, the play calling, and field goal kicking are way bigger issues
    That's why I used the word 'elite', dude. Our defense has been pretty damned good... certainly good enough to be the best in a dogshit conference. But I guess you weren't watching the Fiesta Bowel when Penn State converted third down after fucking third down and we couldn't get any pressure on the QB. Or the Rose Bowel, when Haskins did the same to us for the first three quarters. We can continue to be the best in our horse shit conference with little to no pass rush... but with a strong outside rush, plus what Lake gives us in the back, combined with how Malloe's been recruiting the DL lately... it allow us to actually beat blue blood teams.

And yeah, or course Browning and Pete's shitty mensa offense are a huge issue too. But they can all be issues, can they not? And since this is the recruiting board, and it's a discussion about LB recruiting, it seemed like the most appropriate place to bring it up. If you want to start a thread about how shitty Browning was and how fucked our field goal kicking was... then by all means, have at it. I won't disagree.

Jesus. You said the biggest issue with the program is Gregory and Kwat recruiting. Which is wrong.

Yes the defense didnt play it's best in the Fiesta Bowl. The offense NEVER helps them out in big games. Defense played good enough to win Peach Bowl and Rose Bowl but the offense completely shit itself
    If the offense can’t score more than 24-28 points in games like those, we? don’t deserve to win
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Are we sure he isn’t gonna grow his way out of playing inside?