Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which Huskies were you not excited about that actually panned out?

1235»

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961 Founders Club

TheHB said:

AIRWOLF said:

I generally hate the players so once I hate a player it's hard for me to un-hate them...

On the current team Jordan Miller is a really pleasant surprise. Looks like an alien and got lit up by Brownshorts in the last game Jake ever played that meant something to Jake. From San Diego? Lightly recruited? It's not a recipe for success... but fuck if he doesn't look damn good.

Princeton Fuimaono is a guy who I thought was a really good player for us. The Sark stench is skrong, but he was good.

Really impressed by Bull Johnson all around.

@SonnyShackelford was a lot better than I expected him to be (given that I expected a kid named Sonny from Bev Hills High to be worthless).

I thought Elliot Silvers would be a bag of trash, but he ended up being good and that was fun to the extent that rooting for a prematurely balding black guy named Elliot can be fun.

I was honestly shocked by how good David Richie was before he got injured. He was tearing people the fuck up. And he was a 6-5, 230 kid from fucking Kelso. Never liked the fact that we had a guy named David Richie and a guy named Richie Chambers.

It was also pretty surprising to me how good our OLBers in 91 were. I'm not sure I expected Andy Mason and Donald Jones to do anything interesting. Turns out they were good.

CSB time...David Richie used to be my step brother before my mom and one of his dads got divorced 15-ish years ago. Andy Mason also went to my high school, and I went to school with his younger sister (no pics, flag me). He also gave our high school football team a tour of the locker room after the spring game in 1993.
    A Mark Morris Monarch, I presume.

Our colors were "Columbia blue and scarlet" aka powder blue (think Houston Oilers) and red. So...yes!
    Still better than the shithole school I went to across town. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯