Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Basnight reminder

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

All that needs to be known is that Hopkins > Romar by a wide margin. Romar probably wins 7 games with this roster

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

All that needs to be known is that Hopkins > Romar by a wide margin. Romar probably wins 7 games with this roster

Yeah, if he won 9 with Fultz there's no way he approaches that with this team
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Last season I had some hope for the team, 100% of that was because of Fultz.. I watched maybe 10 minutes of one of the first games and quickly realized that it was the same bullshit coaching. No identity whatsoever, terrible free throw shooting, no clue on inbound plays, and zero defensive intensity... all things that basic coaching would improve. The lineup that Basnight BRB,JO's to would have suffered from the exact same issues.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

How does he get to seven minus the #1 NBA draft choice?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Romar was never a great coach ... but at least the first half of his tenure you could tell that he gave a shit.

The last handful of years ... he looked tired and out of ideas and it showed on the court.

If you really want to go kick yourself in the nuts, go back and watch the last handful of minutes + OT of the Sweet Sixteen game against UConn. That was some brutally bad coaching and execution.

#Onions
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm not necessarily a foul when up 3 guy ... really depends on circumstances to me but I definitely understand the merits of doing so.

That being said, the dribble handoff to Anderson who had a midget in Appleby on him was insanely terrible. If THAT is your idea of playing defense, then you FOUL every single fucking time in that situation.
  • Options
    Pause this at the 8-9 second mark ... it's so fucking bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3vMJu3u4s

Anderson is moving ... Appleby is flat footed and has poor defensive positioning given the situation as he should be anticipating that Anderson's going to make the cut that he is in fact making ... can you say DENY ... who gives a shit of Anderson goes back door there.

Now look at Joel Smith ... who or what the fuck are you guarding? Williams is a lefty ... you are giving help on his right ... but 5 feet too far back. There's a screen being set up on Roy going towards Williams going towards his left. Only help there is Jamaal Williams. Let's say that Williams heads left ... given where Dentmon is positioned, that's just asking for a flare by his guy to the corner as the odds are that Dentmon's ball watching that he'll lose site of his man.

As you move slightly ahead to the point where the handoff to Anderson is about to take place, you see that Appleby is at least a good step behind and with the size difference that he's giving up he's basically out of the play right now. Look at Smith ... he's 5 feet inside the 3 point line ... WHY??? If you are a proponent of taking a foul here ... you can't because BRoy's on the foul and had 4 at the time. But if you want to take a foul ... this is a great opportunity to do so. This is also a great time to have used a substitution AFTER BRoy's 2nd free throw to get your defense set. You know, just saying ... that'd be like coaching or whatnot.

If you then stop it right where Anderson catches the ball ... this is where you can get critical of BRoy ... it's OBVIOUS that the play is a dribble handoff. Get right on Williams's ass, hedge that handoff, and take away the air space of Anderson right as he catches the ball and squares up to the shot. Just that much of defense is likely enough to get Anderson to not get square, change his arm angles, etc. and get a missed shot.

And last point, the fallacy of Appleby being where he is on the play shows up when Anderson is at the top of his shot. Appleby's back in position but it doesn't matter to Anderson because there's no way that Appleby can raise up enough to impact the shot.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNWPmMNiHc

This is the last 40 seconds or so of the game ... up 5.

Count all of the poor execution that we have defensively ... it's amazing.

If you're up 5 in this situation, if you don't give up 3's, don't turn it over, and make your free throws, you will win every single time.
  • Options
    I re-watch that stuff every once in a while when someone triggers me ... and it just reminds me how little attention to detail we had under Romar. Just downright unbelievable.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    12 years later and I still can't bring myself to watch the 2006 S16 UCONN game highlights

too painful
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Gladstone said:

12 years later and I still can't bring myself to watch the 2006 S16 UCONN game highlights

too painful

One of a few games I'll never get over.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

too painful

Fuck. This makes me feel old
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821

I'm sorry to rain on your moment 'told you so' @UW_MBB fans, but Daejon Davis, Blake Harris, David Crisp, Jaylen Nowell, Carlos Johnson, Dominic Green, Matisse Thybulle, Noah Dickerson, Sam Timmins and Michael and Jontay Porter is a scary roster that could've been even better.

— Jim Basnight (@jimbasnight) February 5, 2018

This guy's level of faggotry is unparalleled. He needs Carmex, his lips are so firmly attached to Romar's dick.