Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sad To Report A New Doog

2»

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Eklund says he sees Brostek redshirting or leaving next year. "The coaches aren't pleased with his progress." Yeah, Ektard because I'm so sure Hindy and Tufunga and going to tear it up. We are so stacked on the OL that losing the guy who was supposedly as good as Garnett is no big deal. It would be really smart to push Brostek out when six players from the OL graduate after the 2014 season, and we have no one behind them. Wasn't Brostek considered the best of the bunch from his OL class? The football analysis on doogman is completely worthless.

I sincerely hope that Brostek stays in class somewhere and gets his degree for from what we've seen thus far, he'll never make a living playing football. Obviously, the kid was thrown into the fire of varsity action way too soon in 2012 and who knows but that his talent and athleticism was misjudged by UW's recruiting braintrust.

Of course, Brostek was a prodigy recruit who's legendary dad was one of UW's greatest centers that went on to have a long OL career in the NFL. But who other than UW recruited the kid for the 2012 class? Was the doogman.com story about Shane's dad protecting his son from recruiting hype by shutting it off completely except for Sark ever really believable?

I truly hope I'm wrong, but at the time of his rather quiet recruitment, I thought Shane Brostek might be a placebo handed out by doogman.com to prepare us for the probable loss of Garnett to Stanford. Can Sarkossetto or doogman.com have any credibility remaining with regard to recruiting offensive linemen?

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tailgater said:

Eklund says he sees Brostek redshirting or leaving next year. "The coaches aren't pleased with his progress." Yeah, Ektard because I'm so sure Hindy and Tufunga and going to tear it up. We are so stacked on the OL that losing the guy who was supposedly as good as Garnett is no big deal. It would be really smart to push Brostek out when six players from the OL graduate after the 2014 season, and we have no one behind them. Wasn't Brostek considered the best of the bunch from his OL class? The football analysis on doogman is completely worthless.

I sincerely hope that Brostek stays in class somewhere and gets his degree for from what we've seen thus far, he'll never make a living playing football. Obviously, the kid was thrown into the fire of varsity action way too soon in 2012 and who knows but that his talent and athleticism was misjudged by UW's recruiting braintrust.

Of course, Brostek was a prodigy recruit who's legendary dad was one of UW's greatest centers that went on to have a long OL career in the NFL. But who other than UW recruited the kid for the 2012 class? Was the doogman.com story about Shane's dad protecting his son from recruiting hype by shutting it off completely except for Sark ever really believable?

I truly hope I'm wrong, but at the time of his rather quiet recruitment, I thought Shane Brostek might be a placebo handed out by doogman.com to prepare us for the probable loss of Garnett to Stanford. Can Sarkossetto or doogman.com have any credibility remaining with regard to recruiting offensive linemen?

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

• Mooser42 said:

dhdawg said:

bailey?

He was really dooging it up badly today on Twitter.
    He has been dooging hard lately. Dont remind him that Gilby went 1-10, he will flip the fuck out.
    Someone had a tweet about Rick winning the Rose Bowl and he literally said "Rick never won a Rose Bowl. That was Lambo's!".............uhhh no.
  • jecornel said:

I had a giant doog tell me Brostek was like a secret 5 star linemen and how his dad shielded him from media and he was a secret verbal. He would also go on and on about Beaver being a shut down corner as a true freshman.... he got all his material from the chat room with teen boy stalker. Said 2013 was going to be a rose bowl year.

I do remember hearing how Brostek would be a four star if not five star if he was in the states instead of Hawaii. Doogs were pumped when we landed him even though Sark struck out on three highly rated OL in our state.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Wait, Brostek isn't redshirting this year? What the fuck? If there's a case for a guy to redshirt, it's Brostek this year. He was forced into the line up because of injuries and a lack of depth last year - I'll even give Sark a pass. Losing 3 starters does some shitty damage to a team with good depth. The kid didn't need to play this year at all. Give him a year to practice and give him a year with IVAN!!!

Fuck I hate Sark.

cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50158258n
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Mooser42 said:

dhdawg said:

bailey?

He was really dooging it up badly today on Twitter.
    He has been dooging hard lately. Dont remind him that Gilby went 1-10, he will flip the fuck out.
    Someone had a tweet about Rick winning the Rose Bowl and he literally said "Rick never won a Rose Bowl. That was Lambo's!".............uhhh no.
    uh what

what's the logic behind that one lol

doog anti-intellectualism never ceases to amaze
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,594
    I think Cree will at least be a solid rotation guy when he's a RS-JR. Turpin is only a RS-Frosh (though he's on the short side)...not saying either will be All Pac-12 but not ready to write them off since they are still relatively young.

• HFNY said:

I think Cree will at least be a solid rotation guy when he's a RS-JR. Turpin is only a RS-Frosh (though he's on the short side)...not saying either will be All Pac-12 but not ready to write them off since they are still relatively young.

At a normal school you could be right but at UW players stay the same if not regress.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,594
    Nantard and Holt weren't able to screw him up too much because they only had 1 year with Cree....I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Tosh as a DL coach either, especially since he's a monster recruiter.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    HFNY said:

Rotation guys aren't going to help us. We have a plethora of rotation guys, and Cree is not much different than the rest of them. We need legit starters who are at worst, honorable mention all conference. I get that you need depth on the DL, and Cree will be serviceable, but he's just a guy. We will never win a game because of Cree.