Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Noa Pola-Gates, 2019 4* S, Gilbert (Williams Field), AZ (Offered 1/25/18)

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

DOES ANYONE ELSE HURT WHEN THEY WONDER WHY THE FUCK THIS KID ISNT GOING TO UDUB AND WERE STUCK WITH OUR DICKS IN OUR HAND HAVING JAYDEN WILLIAMS VISIT?!?

u dare to question the future alabama DC?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sometimes I read things and wonder if people understand that you can’t have everything

Tequilla said:

Sometimes I read things and wonder if people understand that you can’t have everything

That’s a Drake lyric Teq. What ladies have you been trying to impress lately?
    Seriously?

I’d say that Drake is a pretty smart guy if true ... but then he did openly try to get on the good side of my girl DB ... so I already knew he was aight
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2019
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

I’d say that Drake is a pretty smart guy if true ... but then he did openly try to get on the good side of my girl DB ... so I already knew he was aight

Yeah can’t have everything first verse was one of his only good verses on ‘more life’ rapping with a different “flow” than usual speeding up the bar frequency.

My point on Noa Pola-Gates isn’t necessarily that he isn’t going to UDUB, but he never visited or had us in our top lists because he said he wanted to take his time in the process arouhd the same time we told Criddell & Toler to fuck off around April-May Hence Dennis’ post in April, “what’s worse than no shot”. My guess is they didn’t wanna waste their time having a good feeling about Asa committing 2 months later.

Realistically I understand not getting everyone, but with the DB reputation, there’s no reason we shouldnt expect to get our pick of the litter on the west coast (Thanks a lot damaged goods) and be having to go down the list as far as Jayden Williams because we of front end effort. We can Make fun of Oregon all we want but pure effort has them in the good graces of a lot of recruits like Kyle Ford who said they’re basically stalking him for how much time they spend in contact with him. Even if you get a guy to commit early, I remember you talking about this with the Marlon situation, you can’t put all your eggs in that basket for 5 months. I know we have our own style and I’m not saying to be Oregon, I just wish we left no stone unturned sometimes and say “Hey we may of lost a recruit, but it wasn’t for lack of effort like not talking to Kyle Ford for 4-5 months before Bush comes back thinking Joe Ngata is coming as if you can’t have both”. Sorry triggered.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

Yeah can’t have everything first verse was one of his only good verses on ‘more life’ rapping with a different “flow” than usual speeding up the bar frequency.

My point on Noa Pola-Gates isn’t necessarily that he isn’t going to UDUB, but he never visited or had us in our top lists because he said he wanted to take his time in the process arouhd the same time we told Criddell & Toler to fuck off around April-May My guess is they told Noa the same having a good feeling about Asa committing 2 months later. Realistically I understand not getting everyone, but with the DB reputation, there’s no reason we should be having to go down the list as far as Jayden Williams because we were too precious on our numbers per position. Even if you get a guy to commit early, I remember you talking about this with the Marlon situation, you can’t put all your eggs in that basket for 5 months.
    Not everybody who gets an offer ends up being a guy they want. There's probably a reason why Pola-Gates is choosing between desperate USC and trash ass Nebraska this late in the process. You bitch about everybody UW offers who they don't get that YOU wanted them to get or go after harder. Too bad. Not every recruit is as good as his ranking suggests and not every recruit is a fit for the program. We're going into year 6 with this staff. You'd think you would get it by now. Our coaches are not on 247 going down the list of available "4-star" guys for them to get. They do their own evaluations. If they thought Pola-Gates was better than Jayden Williams and as good of a fit they'd be recruiting him and could probably easily get him. But they're not. That should tell you all you need to know.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

My point on Noa Pola-Gates isn’t necessarily that he isn’t going to UDUB, but he never visited or had us in our top lists because he said he wanted to take his time in the process arouhd the same time we told Criddell & Toler to fuck off around April-May Hence Dennis’ post in April, “what’s worse than no shot”. My guess is they didn’t wanna waste their time having a good feeling about Asa committing 2 months later.

Realistically I understand not getting everyone, but with the DB reputation, there’s no reason we shouldnt expect to get our pick of the litter on the west coast (Thanks a lot damaged goods) and be having to go down the list as far as Jayden Williams because we of front end effort. We can Make fun of Oregon all we want but pure effort has them in the good graces of a lot of recruits like Kyle Ford who said they’re basically stalking him for how much time they spend in contact with him. Even if you get a guy to commit early, I remember you talking about this with the Marlon situation, you can’t put all your eggs in that basket for 5 months. I know we have our own style and I’m not saying to be Oregon, I just wish we left no stone unturned sometimes and say “Hey we may of lost a recruit, but it wasn’t for lack of effort like not talking to Kyle Ford for 4-5 months before Bush comes back thinking Joe Ngata is coming as if you can’t have both”. Sorry triggered.
    My point on the Marlon situation is that we were largely caught with our pants down. I don't feel like we were caught completely with our pants down on Turner.

That being said, there's a fine line to walk here. You can't recruit and get verbals from everybody and then keep going down the path of recruiting the "just in case" guy without coming off as a joke to that person (not happening) and potentially screwing up your existing situation. The ideal situation is when you have the backup plan of someone that will be willing to hold out until the 11th hour just in case. That's the type of situation where you have with someone like Jaxson Kirkland where he might be a verbal elsewhere but he's flipping the second we offer. But barring that situation, it's uphill at best. You're far better off making sure that you're staying in good contact with the verbal that you have and make sure that nothing gets in between. That's where the whole trust issue really matters.

The Oregon situation is interesting ... essentially they are stalking somebody. That's great for someone that likes the attention. It's a massive turnoff for those that don't want it. Yes, you can argue that it's the coaches job to know the difference. But let's say that UW was doing that for a recruit, they get the kid to come, and then when he gets on campus, you've already set the expectation that you're going to make him a big deal. If you treat him like the rest of the team, you come off as inconsistent with your sales message. Go the other way and treat him like you recruited him and you run the risk of alienating the balance of your team.

The thing that really pisses me off when I hear people complain about recruiting in general is this notion that everything is just sales and that's that. People have deal breakers. They have things that they aren't going to consider. You have to know when it's just not happening and stop wasting your time. Ngata for instance I've heard a few things that would indicate to me that UW was never really an option. I've also heard that the same is true for the youngest Ngata as well and that Clemson is also an unlikely destination. Does that mean that both UW and Clemson failed in recruiting if the info that I heard is true?
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

My point on Noa Pola-Gates isn’t necessarily that he isn’t going to UDUB, but he never visited or had us in our top lists because he said he wanted to take his time in the process arouhd the same time we told Criddell & Toler to fuck off around April-May My guess is they told Noa the same having a good feeling about Asa committing 2 months later. Realistically I understand not getting everyone, but with the DB reputation, there’s no reason we should be having to go down the list as far as Jayden Williams because we were too precious on our numbers per position. Even if you get a guy to commit early, I remember you talking about this with the Marlon situation, you can’t put all your eggs in that basket for 5 months.
    Not everybody who gets an offer ends up being a guy they want. There's probably a reason why Pola-Gates is choosing between desperate USC and trash ass Nebraska this late in the process. You bitch about everybody UW offers who they don't get that YOU wanted them to get or go after harder. Too bad. Not every recruit is as good as his ranking suggests and not every recruit is a fit for the program. We're going into year 6 with this staff. You'd think you would get it by now. Our coaches are not on 247 going down the list of available "4-star" guys for them to get. They do their own evaluations. If they thought Pola-Gates was better than Jayden Williams and as good of a fit they'd be recruiting him and could probably easily get him. But they're not. That should tell you all you need to know.
    1. This isn’t about 1 particular person or the other. My complaint is about overall PROCESS. The fact UDUB goes quiet on guys when depth is a concern is strange sometimes. You know who else goes quiet on people behind their number 1 choice & try to close at the end and gets bitten in the ass by not keeping up to a much worse extent? USC.

2. Have you ever watched Noa’s film vs Jayden’s or anyone else we’ve offered after him

3. By your logic, UDUB stopped recruiting Kyle Ford for awhile because Taj Davis is better and it’s not about star rating because the coaches are so good at evaluating talent that they found Taj was actually better than Ford or they wouldn’t have stopped recruiting Ford in the first place and gotten him quite easily. You understand how utterly stupid that sounds right?
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

Oh, so we should bitch about players that other people want, even if we think they suck? That makes no sense. Of course we bitch about not getting the players we want, because WE WANT THEM TO GET THOSE PLAYERS. That's why we're bitching in the first place. See how that works?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

My point on the Marlon situation is that we were largely caught with our pants down. I don't feel like we were caught completely with our pants down on Turner.

That being said, there's a fine line to walk here. You can't recruit and get verbals from everybody and then keep going down the path of recruiting the "just in case" guy without coming off as a joke to that person (not happening) and potentially screwing up your existing situation. The ideal situation is when you have the backup plan of someone that will be willing to hold out until the 11th hour just in case. That's the type of situation where you have with someone like Jaxson Kirkland where he might be a verbal elsewhere but he's flipping the second we offer. But barring that situation, it's uphill at best. You're far better off making sure that you're staying in good contact with the verbal that you have and make sure that nothing gets in between. That's where the whole trust issue really matters.

The Oregon situation is interesting ... essentially they are stalking somebody. That's great for someone that likes the attention. It's a massive turnoff for those that don't want it. Yes, you can argue that it's the coaches job to know the difference. But let's say that UW was doing that for a recruit, they get the kid to come, and then when he gets on campus, you've already set the expectation that you're going to make him a big deal. If you treat him like the rest of the team, you come off as inconsistent with your sales message. Go the other way and treat him like you recruited him and you run the risk of alienating the balance of your team.

The thing that really pisses me off when I hear people complain about recruiting in general is this notion that everything is just sales and that's that. People have deal breakers. They have things that they aren't going to consider. You have to know when it's just not happening and stop wasting your time. Ngata for instance I've heard a few things that would indicate to me that UW was never really an option. I've also heard that the same is true for the youngest Ngata as well and that Clemson is also an unlikely destination. Does that mean that both UW and Clemson failed in recruiting if the info that I heard is true?
    edited January 2019

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

1. This isn’t about 1 particular person or the other. My complaint is about overall PROCESS. The fact UDUB goes quiet on guys when depth is a concern is strange sometimes. You know who else goes quiet on people behind their number 1 choice & try to close at the end and gets bitten in the ass by not keeping up to a much worse extent? USC.

2. Have you ever watched Noa’s film vs Jayden’s or anyone else we’ve offered after him

3. By your logic, UDUB stopped recruiting Kyle Ford for awhile because Taj Davis is better and it’s not about star rating because the coaches are so good at evaluating talent that they found Taj was actually better than Ford or they wouldn’t have stopped recruiting Ford in the first place and gotten him quite easily. You understand how utterly stupid that sounds right?
    They don't "go quite" on guys you idiot. Noa Pola-Gates was PASSED ON. As in we're done recruiting him and don't even want him as a back up plan. Jimmy Lake knows what he's doing. Stop bitching and enjoy the ride.

WTF are you talking about? When did I ever say Davis was better than Ford? Don't put words into my mouth bitch. There's a reason Lubick's ass got fired. He wasn't getting it done.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

They don't "go quite" on guys you idiot. Noa Pola-Gates was PASSED ON. As in we're done recruiting him and don't even want him as a back up plan. Jimmy Lake knows what he's doing. Stop bitching and enjoy the ride.

WTF are you talking about? When did I ever say Davis was better than Ford? Don't put words into my mouth bitch. There's a reason Lubick's ass got fired. He wasn't getting it done.
    Lakes gone so there’s that.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seriously?

Lakes gone so there’s that.
    No he's not. Jimmy to Bama is fake news.