Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your 2018 Difficulty of Matchup Power Rankings

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Is Oregon supposed to be good? Their idiotic fans are claiming an offseason natty, but I just don't see them as anything above 7-5 with Cristobal and the talent has dropped off from what it was from 2007-2014. There's no way I'd put them above fifth or sixth. Herbert never screamed anything beyond honorable mention All-Pack 12...no idea why he has so much hype...

I don't partake in these types of things in the winter before signing day...way too many variables...

Didn't you hear?

Under helfrich none of the players even worked out and could bench over 200 lbs.

After a year of working harder than ever they are national championship contenders
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is Oregon supposed to be good? Their idiotic fans are claiming an offseason natty, but I just don't see them as anything above 7-5 with Cristobal and the talent has dropped off from what it was from 2007-2014. There's no way I'd put them above fifth or sixth. Herbert never screamed anything beyond honorable mention All-Pack 12...no idea why he has so much hype...

I don't partake in these types of things in the winter before signing day...way too many variables...

Didn't you hear?

Under helfrich none of the players even worked out and could bench over 200 lbs.

After a year of working harder than ever they are national championship contenders
    We(?) have that from highest levels of reliability in an authoritative state.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Nice to see that nobody here is LIFPO'ing on Oregon. Either this thred will make for some nice bookmark material or it won't. Either way, it won't be interesting except for me.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Nice to see that nobody here is LIFPO'ing on Oregon. Either this thred will make for some nice bookmark material or it won't. Either way, it won't be interesting except for me.

What the hell choo choo Duck? I gave you the #2 seed in my power rankings.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Herbert is just like Jake Browning...if Browning threw the ball with any velocity or didn't bail from the pocket at the first sign of pressure.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    Swaye's Wigwam

Depending on the year BYU is a non cupcake but unfortunately for us they are in cupcake mode right now

@creepycoug remembers when the Canes opened the season in the Wasatch range and got beat when the Canes were the Canes

Yes, creepy remembers that well. Maybe the single toughest QB I've ever seen relative to size and build. Big Ben can withstand hits all day, but Ty Detmer weighed 175 lbs. soaking wet, and Maryland and crew were knocking the shit out of him all fucking day. He had a huge gash on his chin that was bleeding like a MikeSeaver tampon, and despite all that, the fucker kept hitting slow, white and well covered mormon receivers with absolute fucking strikes. Good God that kid could play. Tuff I tell you. Tuff!!!

Set Miami up for an angry and frustrating season, which culminated in the single greatest game of sports in the history of humanity: the 1990 absolute throttling of the Texas Longhorns in the Cotton. May we never forget: the redneck crew from the SWC confrunce was laying the shit on my Canes to the tune of 220+ yards in personal foul penalties, many of them deserved, many not. All Tejas got out of that was a fucking field goal. And then the Miami rule was born, and college football would be come BORING af for everyone other than stoic and weird white people.

PS: Apparently the mormons were PISSED about some ass kicking they took at the Orange Bowel prior to this game, and this was pay back. LaVell (what kind of fucking name is that?) Edwards was quoted with as close to an inappropriate rant as you'll ever hear coming from Salt Lake: "I'm mad as hell at Jimmy Johnson!"

Ok LaVell. Thanks. We'll tell Jimmy you're upset.
    You should have been flagged for no reference of 4,551 feet of elevation being HARD.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Herbert got boat raced by any decent team he was healthy enough to play against

we only beat them by 2....

oh right. Decent.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

oh right. Decent.
    The ASU boat race factor is on a scale

We got boat raced by 6
  • Options
    edited January 2018

oh right. Decent.
    The ASU boat race factor is on a scale

We got boat raced by 6
    2 fgs = loss

6pts >6 pts

it has been decided
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

you continue to prove you're more of a quook than almost all of the posters here are doogs

mario fucking cristobal, haha
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Herbert is just like Jake Browning...if Browning threw the ball with any velocity or didn't bail from the pocket at the first sign of pressure.
    Herbert beat ASU and OState at home. Once he played a team with a pulse, he sucked.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    salemcoog said:

Herbert beat ASU and OState at home. Once he played a team with a pulse, he sucked.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Sorry. My Bawd.