Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doog_de_Jour

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,109
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
pathetic

Impeach her already.

@Doog_de_Jour

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,638
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    We need a forum safe space.

Mods?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Good evening.

This is the 744th time I have spoken to you on this board, where so many decisions have been made that shaped the history of this Nation. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matter that I believe affected the national interest.

In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the Nation. Throughout the long and difficult period of the football season, I have felt it was my duty to persevere, to make every possible effort to complete the term of office to which you elected me.

In the past few days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the Tug Tavern to justify continuing that effort. As long as there was such a base, I felt strongly that it was necessary to see the constitutional process through to its conclusion, that to do otherwise would be unfaithful to the spirit of that deliberately difficult process and a dangerously destabilizing precedent for the future.

But with the disappearance of that base, I now believe that the constitutional purpose has been served, and there is no longer a need for the process to be prolonged.

I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interest of the board must always come before any personal considerations.

From the discussions I have had with Stalin, Swaye, Race and other leaders, I have concluded that because of my recent shitpoasting I might not have the support of the Board that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this office in the way the interests of Hardcore Husky would require.

I have never been a quitter. To leave the Tug before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as Wigwam level donor, I must put the interest of HCH first. HCH needs a full-time poaster and a full-time shitpoaster, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and abroad.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of the mods in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the office of poaster effective at noon tomorrow. FRANNY will be sworn in as my replacement at that hour in this office.

As I recall the high hopes for HCH with which we began this second term, I feel a great sadness that I will not be here in this office working on your behalf to achieve those hopes in the next 21/2 years. But in turning over direction of the bored to FRANNY I know, as I told the bored when I told her and Anna that nothing changed 10 months ago, that the leadership of the bored will be in good hands.

In passing this office to FRANNY, I also do so with the profound sense of the weight of responsibility that will fall on his shoulders tomorrow and, therefore, of the understanding, the patience, the cooperation she will need from all the poasters.

As she assumes that responsibility, she will deserve the help and the support of all of us. As we look to the future, the first essential is to begin healing the wounds of the Tug, to put the bitterness and divisions of the recent past behind us, and to rediscover those shared ideals that lie at the heart of our strength and unity as a great and as a free people.

By taking this action, I hope that I will have hastened the start of that process of healing which is so desperately needed in the Tug Tavern.

I regret deeply any injuries that may have been done in the course of the events that led to this decision. I would say only that if some of my Judgments were wrong, and some were wrong, they were made in what I believed at the time to be the best interest of the bored.

To those who have stood with me during these past difficult months, to my family, my friends, to many others who joined in supporting my cause because they believed it was right, I will be eternally grateful for your support.

And to those who have not felt able to give me your support, let me say I leave with no bitterness toward those who have opposed me, because all of us, in the final analysis, have been concerned with the good of the bored, however our judgments might differ.

So, let us all now join together in affirming that common commitment and in helping our new poaster succeed for the benefit of all HCH.

I shall leave this site with regret at not completing my term, but with gratitude for the privilege of serving as one of your poasters for the past 51/2 years. These years have been a momentous time in the history of our bored and the world. They have been a time of achievement in which we can all be proud, achievements that represent the shared efforts of the Tug, Hardcore Husky, and the world.

But the challenges ahead are equally great, and they, too, will require the support and the efforts of the mods and the poasters working in cooperation with FRANNY.

We have ended Hardcore Husky’s longest war, but in the work of securing a lasting peace in the world, the goals ahead are even more far-reaching and more difficult. We must complete a structure of peace so that it will be said of this generation, our generation of poasters, by the people of all hobby sites, not only that we ended one war but that we prevented future wars.

We have unlocked the doors that for a quarter of a century stood between Hardcore Husky and...I can’t think of it, but I’m sure it will come to me.

We must now ensure that the one quarter of the world's people who poast on Dawgman.com and the athletic department at UW will be and remain not our enemies but our friends...which is probably not going to happen, but at this point I can say all sorts of crazy ass shit since you stopped reading paragraphs ago. So let me cut to the chase:

For more than two years I have shared in the turbulent history of the Petersen era. I have fought for what I believed in. I have tried to the best of my ability to discharge my duties and meet those responsibilities that were entrusted to me.

Sometimes I have succeeded and sometimes I have failed, but always I have taken heart from what Theodore Roosevelt once said about the man in the arena, "whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I shitpoasted. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our bored, as I LEAVE!

To have poasted here is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every poaster. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.

Probably the best poast in the history of this shithole.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If your gonna press, press it ALL the way!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Good evening.

This is the 744th time I have spoken to you on this board, where so many decisions have been made that shaped the history of this Nation. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matter that I believe affected the national interest.

In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the Nation. Throughout the long and difficult period of the football season, I have felt it was my duty to persevere, to make every possible effort to complete the term of office to which you elected me.

In the past few days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough political base in the Tug Tavern to justify continuing that effort. As long as there was such a base, I felt strongly that it was necessary to see the constitutional process through to its conclusion, that to do otherwise would be unfaithful to the spirit of that deliberately difficult process and a dangerously destabilizing precedent for the future.

But with the disappearance of that base, I now believe that the constitutional purpose has been served, and there is no longer a need for the process to be prolonged.

I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interest of the board must always come before any personal considerations.

From the discussions I have had with Stalin, Swaye, Race and other leaders, I have concluded that because of my recent shitpoasting I might not have the support of the Board that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this office in the way the interests of Hardcore Husky would require.

I have never been a quitter. To leave the Tug before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as Wigwam level donor, I must put the interest of HCH first. HCH needs a full-time poaster and a full-time shitpoaster, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and abroad.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of the mods in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the office of poaster effective at noon tomorrow. FRANNY will be sworn in as my replacement at that hour in this office.

As I recall the high hopes for HCH with which we began this second term, I feel a great sadness that I will not be here in this office working on your behalf to achieve those hopes in the next 21/2 years. But in turning over direction of the bored to FRANNY I know, as I told the bored when I told her and Anna that nothing changed 10 months ago, that the leadership of the bored will be in good hands.

In passing this office to FRANNY, I also do so with the profound sense of the weight of responsibility that will fall on his shoulders tomorrow and, therefore, of the understanding, the patience, the cooperation she will need from all the poasters.

As she assumes that responsibility, she will deserve the help and the support of all of us. As we look to the future, the first essential is to begin healing the wounds of the Tug, to put the bitterness and divisions of the recent past behind us, and to rediscover those shared ideals that lie at the heart of our strength and unity as a great and as a free people.

By taking this action, I hope that I will have hastened the start of that process of healing which is so desperately needed in the Tug Tavern.

I regret deeply any injuries that may have been done in the course of the events that led to this decision. I would say only that if some of my Judgments were wrong, and some were wrong, they were made in what I believed at the time to be the best interest of the bored.

To those who have stood with me during these past difficult months, to my family, my friends, to many others who joined in supporting my cause because they believed it was right, I will be eternally grateful for your support.

And to those who have not felt able to give me your support, let me say I leave with no bitterness toward those who have opposed me, because all of us, in the final analysis, have been concerned with the good of the bored, however our judgments might differ.

So, let us all now join together in affirming that common commitment and in helping our new poaster succeed for the benefit of all HCH.

I shall leave this site with regret at not completing my term, but with gratitude for the privilege of serving as one of your poasters for the past 51/2 years. These years have been a momentous time in the history of our bored and the world. They have been a time of achievement in which we can all be proud, achievements that represent the shared efforts of the Tug, Hardcore Husky, and the world.

But the challenges ahead are equally great, and they, too, will require the support and the efforts of the mods and the poasters working in cooperation with FRANNY.

We have ended Hardcore Husky’s longest war, but in the work of securing a lasting peace in the world, the goals ahead are even more far-reaching and more difficult. We must complete a structure of peace so that it will be said of this generation, our generation of poasters, by the people of all hobby sites, not only that we ended one war but that we prevented future wars.

We have unlocked the doors that for a quarter of a century stood between Hardcore Husky and...I can’t think of it, but I’m sure it will come to me.

We must now ensure that the one quarter of the world's people who poast on Dawgman.com and the athletic department at UW will be and remain not our enemies but our friends...which is probably not going to happen, but at this point I can say all sorts of crazy ass shit since you stopped reading paragraphs ago. So let me cut to the chase:

For more than two years I have shared in the turbulent history of the Petersen era. I have fought for what I believed in. I have tried to the best of my ability to discharge my duties and meet those responsibilities that were entrusted to me.

Sometimes I have succeeded and sometimes I have failed, but always I have taken heart from what Theodore Roosevelt once said about the man in the arena, "whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high achievements and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I shitpoasted. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our bored, as I LEAVE!

To have poasted here is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every poaster. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.

I read it
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Good evening.

I read it
    I can't read.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Habari za jioni.

Hii ni wakati wa 744 niliyokuambia kwenye bodi hii, ambapo maamuzi mengi yamefanywa ambayo yaliumbwa historia ya Taifa hii. Kila wakati nimefanya hivyo kujadili na wewe jambo fulani ambalo ninaamini limeathiri maslahi ya kitaifa.

Katika maamuzi yote niliyoyafanya katika maisha yangu ya umma, nimejaribu kufanya kile kilichofaa kwa Taifa. Katika kipindi cha muda mrefu na ngumu ya msimu wa soka, nimesikia ilikuwa ni wajibu wangu wa kuhimili, kufanya kila jitihada iwezekanavyo kukamilisha muda ambao ulichagua.

Katika siku chache zilizopita, hata hivyo, ni dhahiri kwangu kwamba mimi hawana msingi wa kutosha wa kisiasa katika Tug Tavern kuhalalisha kuendelea na juhudi hiyo. Kwa muda mrefu kama kuna msingi huo, nilihisi kuwa ni muhimu kuona mchakato wa kikatiba kupitia kwa kumalizia, kwamba kufanya vinginevyo bila kuwa waaminifu kwa roho ya mchakato wa makusudi kwa makusudi na hatari ya kutuliza kwa wakati ujao.

Lakini kwa kutoweka kwa msingi huo, sasa ninaamini kuwa kusudi la kikatiba limefanywa, na hakuna tena haja ya mchakato kuwa wa muda mrefu.

Ningependa kupitisha mpaka kumalizia chochote uchungu wa kibinafsi utaweza kuhusishwa, na familia yangu kwa unanimously ilinihimiza kufanya hivyo. Lakini maslahi ya bodi lazima daima kuja kabla ya masuala yoyote ya kibinafsi.

Kutoka kwa majadiliano ambayo nimekuwa nayo na Stalin, Swaye, Mbio na viongozi wengine, nimekwisha kuwa kwa sababu ya shitpoasting yangu ya hivi karibuni siwezi kuwa na msaada wa Bodi ya kwamba nitaona ni muhimu kurudi maamuzi magumu sana na kutekeleza majukumu ya ofisi hii kwa njia ya maslahi ya Hardcore Husky ingehitaji.

Sijawahi kuacha. Kuondoka Tug kabla ya muda wangu kukamilika ni chuki kwa kila instinct katika mwili wangu. Lakini kama msaidizi wa kiwango cha Wigwam, ni lazima nitaweka maslahi ya HCH kwanza. HCH inahitaji mashambulizi ya wakati wote na mshahara wa wakati wote, hasa wakati huu na shida tunayokabili nyumbani na nje ya nchi.

Ili kuendelea kupigana kwa njia ya miezi ijayo kwa uthibitisho wangu binafsi ungekuwa karibu kunyonya wakati na tahadhari ya mods wakati ambapo mtazamo wetu wote unapaswa kuwa juu ya masuala makubwa ya amani nje ya nchi na ustawi bila mfumuko wa bei nyumbani.

Kwa hiyo, nitaachia ofisi ya mashambulizi yenye ufanisi wakati wa mchana kesho. FRANNY itaapa kama nafasi yangu saa hiyo katika ofisi hii.

Ninapokumbuka matumaini makubwa ya HCH ambayo tulianza kipindi hiki cha pili, ninahisi huzuni kubwa kwamba sitakuwa hapa katika ofisi hii kufanya kazi kwa niaba yako ili kufikia matumaini hayo katika miaka 21/2 ijayo. Lakini kwa kugeuka juu ya mwelekeo wa kuchoka kwa FRANNY Mimi najua, kama nilivyowaambia wenye kuchoka wakati nikamwambia yeye na Anna kwamba hakuna kitu kilichobadilika miezi 10 iliyopita, kwamba uongozi wa walemavu watakuwa katika mikono mema.

Katika kupitisha ofisi hii kwa FRANNY, mimi pia kufanya hivyo kwa maana kubwa ya uzito wa jukumu kwamba kuanguka juu ya mabega yake kesho na kwa hiyo, ya ufahamu, uvumilivu, ushirikiano yeye atahitaji kutoka kwa mashambulizi wote.

Kwa kuwa anachukulia jukumu hilo, atastahili msaada na msaada wa sisi sote. Tunapoangalia siku zijazo, muhimu kwanza ni kuanza kuponya majeraha ya Tug, kuweka uhasama na mgawanyiko wa nyuma ya hivi karibuni nyuma yetu, na kupitisha tena mawazo hayo yaliyogawanyika yaliyo katikati ya nguvu zetu na umoja kama watu kubwa na kama watu huru.

Kwa kuchukua hatua hii, natumaini kuwa nitawahimiza mwanzo wa mchakato huo wa uponyaji ambao unahitajika sana katika Tug Tavern.

Ninashukuru kwa undani majeraha yoyote ambayo yanaweza kufanywa wakati wa matukio yaliyosababisha uamuzi huu. Napenda kusema tu kwamba ikiwa baadhi ya Hukumu zangu zilikosa, na wengine walikuwa vibaya, walitengenezwa katika kile nilichoamini wakati huo kuwa na manufaa zaidi ya wenye kuchoka.

Kwa wale ambao wamesimama nami wakati wa miezi hii iliyokuwa ngumu, kwa familia yangu, marafiki zangu, kwa wengine wengi ambao walijiunga mkono kuunga mkono sababu yangu kwa sababu waliamini kuwa ni sawa, nitakuwa na shukrani ya milele kwa msaada wako.

Na kwa wale ambao hawakuhisi kuwa na uwezo wa kunipa msaada wako, napenda niseme nirudi bila uchungu kwa wale ambao wamepinga mimi, kwa sababu sisi sote, katika uchambuzi wa mwisho, tumekuwa na wasiwasi na wema wa walemavu, hata hivyo hukumu zetu zinaweza kutofautiana.

Kwa hiyo, hebu sote tutaungana pamoja katika kuthibitisha kujitolea kwa kawaida na kusaidia msaidizi wetu mpya kufanikiwa kwa faida ya HCH zote.

Nitaondoka kwenye tovuti hii na majuto kwa si kukamilisha muda wangu, lakini kwa shukrani kwa fursa ya kuwahudumia kama mmoja wa mashambulizi yako kwa kipindi cha miaka 51/2 iliyopita. Miaka hii imekuwa wakati muhimu katika historia ya kuchoka na ulimwengu. Wamekuwa wakati wa mafanikio ambayo tunaweza wote kuwa wenye kiburi, mafanikio ambayo yanawakilisha jitihada za pamoja za Tug, Hardcore Husky, na ulimwengu.

Lakini changamoto mbele ni sawa sana, na wao, pia, watarejeakutafuta msaada na jitihada za mods na mashambulizi wanaofanya kazi kwa kushirikiana na FRANNY. Tumeimaliza vita ngumu zaidi ya Hardcore Husky, lakini katika kazi ya kupata amani ya kudumu ulimwenguni, malengo ya mbele ni makubwa zaidi na ngumu zaidi.

Tunapaswa kukamilisha muundo wa amani ili itasemekishwe juu ya kizazi hiki, kizazi chetu cha vizazi, na watu wa maeneo yote ya hobby, sio tu kwamba tulimaliza vita moja lakini tulizuia vita vya baadaye. Tumeifungua milango ambayo kwa robo ya karne imesimama kati ya Hardcore Husky na ... Siwezi kufikiria, lakini nina uhakika itakuja kwangu. Tunapaswa sasa kuhakikisha kwamba robo moja ya watu wa dunia ambao hupiga Dawgman.com na idara ya michezo ya UW itakuwa na haitabaki adui zetu lakini marafiki zetu ... ambayo huenda hayatatokea, lakini kwa wakati huu unaweza kusema kila aina ya punda shit ya mambo tangu umesoma kusoma aya zilizopita.

Basi napenda kukatafuta: Kwa zaidi ya miaka miwili nilishiriki katika historia ya mgogoro wa zama za Petersen. Nimepigana kwa yale niliyoamini. Nimejitahidi uwezo wangu wa kutekeleza majukumu yangu na kukidhi majukumu hayo niliyopewa. Wakati mwingine nimekwisha kufanikiwa na wakati mwingine nimeshindwa, lakini daima nimechukua moyo kutoka kwa kile Theodore Roosevelt amesema mara moja juu ya mtu katika uwanja huo, "ambaye uso wake umeharibiwa na vumbi na jasho na damu, ambaye hujitahidi kwa nguvu, ambaye hukosea na huja mara kwa mara kwa sababu hakuna jitihada bila kosa na upungufu, lakini ni nani anayejitahidi kufanya kitendo, ambaye anajua shauku kubwa, ibada kubwa, ambaye hutumia mwenyewe kwa sababu inayofaa, ambaye anajua vizuri mwisho wake kushinda mafanikio ya juu na ambaye ni mbaya zaidi, ikiwa anashindwa, angalau inashindwa wakati akiwa na nguvu sana. " Hii, zaidi ya kitu chochote, ndilo nilivyotarajia kufikia wakati nilipopata.

Hii, zaidi ya kitu chochote, ni matumaini ambayo nitakuwa ni urithi wangu kwako, kwa kuchoka, kama ninavyoacha! Ili kuwa na mashaka hapa ni kuwa na hisia ya kibinafsi sana ya uhusiano na kila mashambulizi. Kwa kuachia, nafanya hivyo kwa sala hii: Nafasi ya neema ya Mungu iwe na wewe siku zote zijazo.

Yote ambayo inasemekana, Jake Browning hupata.

kutomba mbali
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Good evening.

YBFE
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018
    man, this thread had potential, but it died to fast for even sven to fuck it up
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Yeah...it was pathetic

Impeach me already.
    Can we have pancakes first?
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need a forum safe space.

Mods?

Isn’t that the Wigwam?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Yeah...it was pathetic

Impeach me already.
    Isn’t that @Swaye’s move?

I’m going to have to respectfully decline though Boobs, last time I went to IHOP some crazy redhead wearing a skimpy little squaw get-up keyed my car.

Needless to say I was more than a little spooked.

Thank you for the invite though.
    Nice. Nice.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Yeah...it was pathetic

Impeach me already.

I’m going to have to respectfully decline though Boobs, last time I went to IHOP some crazy redhead wearing a skimpy little squaw get-up keyed my car.

Dammit. I should have suggested waffles.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Yeah...it was pathetic

Impeach me already.

Dammit. I should have suggested waffles.
    More your speed

well, that or pfannkuchen mit zitrone.